The 2nd Annual MI6 Community Awards *Nominating The Greg Ferrell Award for Biggest Connery Bond Fan*

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited July 2014 in Trivia & Games Posts: 40,372
Welcome, everyone! Time has passed and once again it's time for the MI6 Community Awards. Brady was kind enough to let me assist him this year, and starting off this year's awards, Brady was creative and caring enough to name the first category after our deeply missed comrade, Greg Ferrell. This one's for you, buddy, we really miss you.

The rules are simple (and are further outlined in the 'Returning Awards' thread that has been floating about.) You may nominate one person for this award, someone that you think rightfully deserves to be crowned this year's biggest Sean Connery fan. Now, this thread is for nominations only, not voting. You can nominate anyone you would like, but try and keep it within reason, i.e. don't legitimately nominate someone that you know isn't a Connery fan...though I don't see how that sort of thing can be possible.

We'll give it roughly a week or so for nominations to be announced, tallied and totaled, and finally, the voting process will begin in a separate thread, where you will then get one vote for one person that is listed for the award. As I've said before, PM @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 or myself if you have any questions, and remember, these are meant to be fun, so please, don't come out of these awards holding grudges or being upset if you aren't the winner. Now, let's begin the nomination process. Have fun, ladies and gentlemen!

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'd like to nominate @timmer for this category.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I nominate @sirseanisbond.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,400
    @Brady. The man has over 15,000 posts to show for it.

Actually, if it's allowed, I'd like to posthumously nominate Greg.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm quite hard-pressed to think of more nominees, but @Birdleson seems an apt choice for nomination.
    Actually, if it's allowed, I'd like to posthumously nominate Greg.

That is most certainly allowed. I'd have nominated him myself if you hadn't.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I too would like to nominate Greg.
    I love Connery as much as the next guy, but I'll bet there's a few that love him more than I.
    I nominate @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,728
    0013 wrote:

As do I. Just take a look at his post count and Connery avatar for proof!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks, @Creasy47, for the tribute to Greg. He is still missed. Very much in fact.

And of course my vote goes to Brady too. :-)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I also vote for Brady there is none better when it comes to support for Connery.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You're quite welcome, Dimi. Thank you for that.

Well since everyone has nominated Brady, I'll spice it up with another nomination for @DarthDimi.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think @Samuel001 would be a good choice too.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    For me personally, Greg was the biggest Connery fan for sure. I think he would be genuinely touched to learn that one category was named for him; thanks again for that.

I cannot think of another member off hand to nominate. You all are coming up with good ones.

• If Greg is indeed eligible for the prize in the category named after him, then I can't see myself voting for anybody else...but since this is just the nominations stage, I'll nominate @4EverBonded!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You're quite welcome, Dimi. Thank you for that.

Well since everyone has nominated Brady, I'll spice it up with another nomination for @DarthDimi.

That's nice, sir, but while I adore Connery, I'm a Daltonite all the way. ;-) Save that vote for the Dalton thread, and I'll save mine for the Brosnan thread. :D

Haha, fair enough, I'll remember that! Well I know this is only the nominations thread, but after reviewing it, I have to nominate SirHenry, I feel bad if I don't. I know he's already been nominated, but still.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If Greg is indeed eligible for the prize in the category named after him, then I can't see myself voting for anybody else...but since this is just the nominations stage, I'll nominate @4EverBonded!

Thank you, dear Beatles. :) I adore Sean, he was my first love pretty much. Set the standard and his influence is immeasurable. He ranks as my #1 Bond still to this day. For me, I enjoy all the Bonds (except Laz), but the one I think I am most vocal about and stand up for is Pierce. But I wanted to just say thanks to you, because I do appreciate you nominating me for Sean.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @timmer is my choice for this one.
    Threads are now opening up for the biggest Moore and Dalton fans, so do we have any more nominations for this award before it gets buried? We have:

@timmer
    @sirseanisbond
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing
    @Birdleson
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @Samuel001
    @4EverBonded

That's seven nominations, does anyone have someone else they'd like to nominate, or is that it?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'll also nominate @Thunderfinger. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote:
    I'll also nominate @Thunderfinger. :)

:))
    I mean =D>
    About time I got some recognition here.
    I'll nominate @sirseanisbond as a fellow Connery supremacist.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill