Worst superhero moments of all time.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Nice article @fire_and_ice . Thanks.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Yes very interesting read. I'm also reading the "10 remarkable things about Superman IV: The Quest For Peace" thanks to a link on the same page.

Check out the worst opening credits. Ever!

• edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman-iii/27817/what-superman-3-teaches-us-about-computer-programming

This is funny, must admit even as a kid i scratched my head at how Gus Gorman could achieve what he did in the film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, those opening credits make me feel like I'm watching a 90's PBS learning cartoon, really early in the morning.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, those opening credits make me feel like I'm watching a 90's PBS learning cartoon, really early in the morning.

The slash in the budget shows right from the very off doesn't it.
    Absolutely. It's very cringe-worthy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:

Cheech and Chong liked it.
    Holy Hangover, more like...

Batman-Drunk.jpg

Are we sure that it is not MasterDahark on a night out crime fighting? ;)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Not unless someone had a time machine and got a pic from Halloween 2014..... ;)

That's a hint, BTW
    Not unless someone had a time machine and got a pic from Halloween 2014..... ;)

:)) I just had a flashback of you with your cowl on many posts ago and could not resist! ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Cheech and Chong liked it.
    Likely because they were high as kites.
    Yes very interesting read. I'm also reading the "10 remarkable things about Superman IV: The Quest For Peace" thanks to a link on the same page.

Check out the worst opening credits. Ever!

Absolutely dreadful. They even somehow found a way to make the iconic Superman theme sound crappy. Like they recorded the audio on one of those pocket sized tape-recorders.
    And apparently, a red fire hydrant can make any location look like New York...

b2178-Superman-IV-1987.jpg

X_X
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My God, it looks just like New York!
  • You mean it's not New York? Man, they made Milton Keynes look so realistic.....
    And apparently, a red fire hydrant can make any location look like New York...

b2178-Superman-IV-1987.jpg

X_X

I'm a New Yorker born, raised, and still living here. And even as a kid I knew that was not New York City. See it's things like that that make me prefer even the Schumacher Batman movies. Atleast they didn't feel so cheap. Superman IV feels like a made-for-TV movie that the cast and crew have petitioned to never get a DVD release.
    I've never enjoyed Superman movies- I mean there's only so much you can do with a hero who is invincible to everything but a special green substance before things get old. Last year's Man of Steel was pretty lame; there were way too many explosions and crashing buildings and not enough direction.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    00Beast wrote:
    I've never enjoyed Superman movies- I mean there's only so much you can do with a hero who is invincible to everything but a special green substance before things get old. Last year's Man of Steel was pretty lame; there were way too many explosions and crashing buildings and not enough direction.
    But Superman is like our modern mythological hero, like Hercules or Achilles. There was even a comic (All-Star) which depicted him next to the likes of Atlas and Samson because, well, Supes is pretty much in that same league.

Plus IMO, Superman is a great role model- the perfect character for kids to grow up reading. He always does what's right!

Who knows- maybe all of his adult fans (like myself) are simply the ones who grew up reading him.
    Who knows- maybe all of his adult fans (like myself) are simply the ones who grew up reading him.
    I grew up reading lots of comics, Superman among them. But it was the first Reeve movie that made me a fan. And the third & fourth one could not un-make me a fan.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    chrisisall wrote:
    I grew up reading lots of comics, Superman among them. But it was the first Reeve movie that made me a fan. And the third & fourth one could not un-make me a fan.

Same here, read Superman since the age of three. As well as Batman and others.
    Same here, read Superman since the age of three. As well as Batman and others.
    I have a few Superman comics that have the price of twelve cents on the cover.
    ;)
    @BAIN123, what's sad is that someone filmed that sequence, and when it was all finished editing and it finally came together, they smirked and said "Damn, I did a good job."
    00Beast wrote:
    But Superman is like our modern mythological hero, like Hercules or Achilles. There was even a comic (All-Star) which depicted him next to the likes of Atlas and Samson because, well, Supes is pretty much in that same league.

Plus IMO, Superman is a great role model- the perfect character for kids to grow up reading. He always does what's right!

Oh I definitely agree that Superman makes for an excellent role model for young kids who are looking for a hero- I have no problem with Superman as a superhero by any means! I just can't enjoy the Superman movies because I never feel like there's any real danger, and I've never enjoyed the whole invincibility, superpower, smash-it-up kind of hero. I'm a Batman fan, if that says anything, hahaha.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Listened to commentary of Quest for a budget. The director knew how bad the film would turn out. He is very honest about it.

Respect to directors, including Joel for Batman and Robin. They stand up and admit there films were crap.
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/nick-fury/31026/looking-back-at-nick-fury-agent-of-shield

Almost tempted to buy this to see how bad it is. Remember it when it was released though never watched it.
    Watchmen - so boring! So taken with itself.

Man of Steel - Zack Snyder is horrendous.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Chang wrote:

Though I like the film, I understand exactly what you mean. The comic, from what little I read of it, seemed to be exactly the same.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Chang wrote:

Though I like the film, I understand exactly what you mean. The comic, from what little I read of it, seemed to be exactly the same.

It's more of a bible, but I'll let it slide...
    www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman/31444/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened-trailer

looking forward to seeing this documentary, think its safe to say Superman Lives would have been one crazy film.