Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 4,813
    YES! Now this is more like it! It's behind the spoilers again because of the whole 'alternate timeline business' but let me just say, now Reese looks like Reese!
    article-2644529-1E5967C500000578-264_634x791.jpg
    article-2644529-1E59690100000578-935_634x799.jpg
    article-2644529-1E59695700000578-1000_634x838.jpg

Glad Jai Courtney looks more like the Reese I remember now- I love that they duplicated his 1984 outfit!! That might be Emilia Clarke's stunt double though.

I hope I hope I hope it's 1984 Arnold in the cop car
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wow, that's looking epic! This really IS going to have the same dark, gritty, 80s tech noir vibe the first film had! Thanks for sharing, @Master! Now I must go wipe the drool off my chin! =P~ :-bd
    So is Ah-nuld playing a good terminator again? Bad? Or both?
    I gather old Arnold is good- and interacts directly with the bad young Arnold from the 1984 Terminator
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Did they change actors or give them make up to look like the original actors?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think those are both stunt doubles. Looks nothing like Clarkson or Courtney.
    I think they pulled a Looper and put makeup on them to look like Hamilton and Biehn.
    Murdock wrote:
    I think they pulled a Looper and put makeup on them to look like Hamilton and Biehn.

They may have. If so, it looks good.
    Hmmm, looks like that article I posted earlier was updated. They're both stunt doubles. That guy looks more like Reese than Jai Courtney! Oh well, at least he's wearing the outfit from the first movie
    Yeah, I thought they were stunt doubles. I had the same thoughts, he looks way more like Reese should than Courtney does.
    It's a shame that this isn't the movie they released in 2003. This movie sounds so fun and different, while T3 just tried to be T2 again. Damn I remember flipping my shit when I saw the T3 trailer in the theatre! I don't even remember what movie I had gone to see, but the whole audience was like 'Whaaaaaaat?? Awesome!!' Since many people didn't even know it was getting made. Too bad the movie was so 'meh' and unnecessary
    T3 had some good scenes, but relied too heavily on bad CGI at times, weak actors, and a poor plot. I do love the utility truck chase scene throughout the street, though, that's a plus (minus that horrid CGI).
    I have sort of a love/hate relationship with the concept of 'protector' Terminators. It worked in part 2. But I like to think that the Resistance had some trouble capturing a whole freaking Terminator and reprogramming it. In the case of Terminator 2, I imagine there is a whole movie's worth of conflict, depicting the future Resistance capturing one and sending it back in time. It should be a big deal. Lol at least the Game Boy version of T2 was a couple levels dedicated to it!!
    With T3, Sarah Connor Chronicles and now (possibly) Terminator Genesis, it seems as though they can just capture a Terminator real quick and send it back every time they need to.

On that note, T3 would have been a lot better (and served more purpose) if Arnold had been bad, and John Connor had to defend himself. It's time we saw what was so great about Connor
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,879
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    See's title
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    QBranch wrote:

What the f*ck?! Now that's a weird direction to go.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Also, Reese is a Hulk, lol. Maybe they should have gotten the guy from Salvation back. This looks like a whole new character!

That's what bothers me the most. I wanted Christian Bale and the one who played Reese in Salvation in this movie. I don't get why they had to change things.
    Walecs wrote:
    Also, Reese is a Hulk, lol. Maybe they should have gotten the guy from Salvation back. This looks like a whole new character!

That's what bothers me the most. I wanted Christian Bale and the one who played Reese in Salvation in this movie. I don't get why they had to change things.

Because today all Hollywood action heroes have to be ripped, mucslebound hunks.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote:
    Walecs wrote:

Just like in the 80s, when Terminator was created.
    Murdock wrote:
    Walecs wrote:

Just like in the 80s, when Terminator was created.

The 80's had more variety. Arnold, Stallone, Willis, Bronson, Dalton ect.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Just spotted this:
    The rumour is actor Courtney B. Vance may be portraying Miles Dyson:

courtney-b-vance-1.jpg5267871_std.jpg

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/39022/20140605/terminator-5-news-miles-dyson-to-return-in-genesis-actor-portraying-skynet-creator-revealed-video.htm

It's from IMDb, so best take it with a grain of salt for now.
    Why can't they just get Joe Morton back? The man's aged pretty well, and he needs more work.
    @Agent007391 I agree.
    His character had little screen time, but he made it memorable, and it would be great to see him get some more exposure.
    I also hear that they casted someone to play Miles' son, who is a good bit older this time around. Perhaps he'll play a bigger role this time around?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,415
    I get idea
    that not be Reese, but older version of John Connor (Same as Christian Bale in Terminator 4 or older one.) and younger version of Sara (Younger then Terminator tv series,but atleast same age as Terminator 4 or a litle bit older). Easier: The Sara from before Terminator 3 mixed up with the connor from Terminator 4 or older one who go back in time for her.

49198_ori.jpg
    The spoiler tags have officially become annoying. Perhaps this thread should be 'enter at your own risk'? I mean unless something really crucial is revealed?

BTW I watched T3 last night, and while still pointless, it wasn't without its good parts. I enjoyed seeing Judgment Day begin.

I only wish:
    * they had cut down on the forced humor. T2 had funny parts but they weren't shoved down your throat and they were actually funny. "I swear I will not kill anyone" beats "Talk to the hand" any day.
    * It would have been nice to see Edward Furlong return (although I hear the actor was having personal problems unfortunately)
    *I mentioned it above and I'll say it again: Arnold should have been bad, and John Connor should have fought him alone

But of course, as many have mentioned, the entire movie could never have existed and the storyline would be unaffected
    The Judgment Day scenes were extremely good in T3, probably the only moments where the CG doesn't look like sh*t.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Judgment Day scenes were extremely good in T3, probably the only moments where the CG doesn't look like sh*t.

Shot?
    Skynet going online was by far the best part of T3. Those HKs patrolling the hallways were pretty darn creepy.