Your theme tune?

edited May 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,432
What theme tune would you have, can be in any genre of film. When you make your way onto screen what music is playing?

Comments

The original Mission impossible tv theme, during which ill just sit down play a prerecorded message and make like a tree and leave.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Luke's theme from Star Wars.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mine as composed by myself. :)
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Love the theme in Fellowship of the rings when Arogan sees the Argonath, alot of hope and recognising ones potential in that theme.

@ Murdock can't open file, what is your theme similar too mate.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 16,328
    Try this

Will try on my tablet later, on phone at moment @ Murdock
    Will try on my tablet later, on phone at moment @ Murdock

Alright. My theme was inspired by this song.
    Cool are you composing soundtrack for your movie?
    Yes I am. :)
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Will you compose whilst shooting the film, get a feel for environment and settings? @ Murdock

One of best glory themes The Asteroid theme by John Williams, probably the peak moment in Star Wars saga from Empire strikes back.

My first theme on training playlist when training Conan the Barbarian main theme, really gets me focused. Last theme on playlist is Is hearts on fire from Rocky 4 extended version incorporates instrumental when Rocky reaches the top of the mountain and shouts Drago lol awesome piece of music.
    @fire_and_ice For some scenes yes but for others I've already composed. It's going to have an 80's synth/orchestra sound to it.
    Murdock wrote:
    @fire_and_ice For some scenes yes but for others I've already composed. It's going to have an 80's synth/orchestra sound to it.

Think it will give a reality based gritty feel, was listening to Running man theme earlier great theme, some great synth themes from that decade.
    Murdock wrote:

Think it will give a reality based gritty feel, was listening to Running man theme earlier great theme, some great synth themes from that decade.

I've been experimenting with different instruments and the theme I composed for my villain is a mixture of western guitar riffs with electronic elements. I'm very curious to see how it will translate on film.
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I've been experimenting with different instruments and the theme I composed for my villain is a mixture of western guitar riffs with electronic elements. I'm very curious to see how it will translate on film.

Themes for a villain that comes to mind probably the best is Frank from Once upon a time in the West or Angel eyes from The good the bad and the ugly. Those themes are so great as they tell you all you need to know about the character without the character having to say a word.
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Themes for a villain that comes to mind probably the best is Frank from Once upon a time in the West or Angel eyes from The good the bad and the ugly. Those themes are so great as they tell you all you need to know about the character without the character having to say a word.

Exactly. My movie will be full of those moments. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Exactly. My movie will be full of those moments. :)

Morricone was a master at defining character through music, as was Williams at his best and Hermann. A good film i think is when the music and visuals tell you what's going on, when you rely on exposition from characters you are on a downward slope.
    Yeah, the story to my film is pretty simple. It's a vigilante film set in the 2020's.
    Murdock wrote:
    Yeah, the story to my film is pretty simple. It's a vigilante film set in the 2020's.

Remember you telling me about the film, set in Seatle got a Eidetic memory. Good character trait for a main protagonist :)
    Murdock wrote:

Remember you telling me about the film, set in Seatle got a Eidetic memory. Good character trait for a main protagonist :)

Thanks. :)
    Good luck with your production.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited June 2014 Posts: 3,157
    Either On Her Majesty's Secret Service main theme or Theme (Beethoviana) from A Clockwork Orange (which is an arrangement of classical piece of music Funeral of the Queen Mary)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Oh most definitely this:

:)) or any other serial killer theme.

Seriously though, considering I dabble in making my own music, I'd come up with something funky, with an electronic groove. It really depends on the situation though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Cool theme you got, @Murdock.

Can I have this?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,727
    For my "feem toon"* I would pick the following doleful brilliance from Billion Dollar Brain:

*Little Britain reference for the uninitiated...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    For my "feem toon"* I would pick the following doleful brilliance from Billion Dollar Brain:

I Want That One !
    Thanks Dragonpol I had completely forgotten about the million dollar brain.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,727
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

I Want That One !
    Thanks Dragonpol I had completely forgotten about the million dollar brain.

Yes, a brilliant honorary Bond film wouldn't you agree, dear @Mrcoggins?

I've been toying with writing an article on it and Bond.
  • Middle fingers and raucous crowd reaction sold separately:

Well? After a hard day at work my music is "Steptoe and Son!" Those of you in the UK will know what I mean! :-t
    Well my theme would have to be Carly Simons nobody does it better , my wife however would be the theme from Psycho or on a good day the Exorcist.