The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game - COMPLETED : REVIEW.

Comments

Dr. No: 4 -1
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS): 99 +1
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Dr. No: 3 -1
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS): 100 +1
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dr. No: 2 -1
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS): 101 +1
    Dr. No: 1 -1
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS): 102 +1

Who will have the honour in finishing the game?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,242
    I will take that honor!!!

Dr No: 0 (-1) Eliminated!
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS): 103 (+1)

Full List:
    01. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)
    02. Dr. No
    03. Franz Sanchez
    04. Raoul Silva
    05. Le Chiffre
    06. Red Grant
    07. Alec Trevelyan
    08. Francisco Scaramanga
    09. Max Zorin
    10. Auric Goldfinger
    11. Elektra King
    12. Dr. Kananga
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    15. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (YOLT)
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    19. Georgi Koskov
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    22. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (DAF)
    23. Gustav Graves
    game-over-man-game-over.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Good game all and a decent list.

Thanks for the fun!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Well done to Blofeld, a worthy winner and my second favourite villain. Apart from that, this list bears no resemblance to my ranking!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    :))

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but Dr. No just got his ass kicked, pal!"
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    He didn't actually get his ass kicked. He finished 2nd. I see what you mean, but it is an elimination game. When there are only two left standing someone is going to get eliminated.
    This game reminds me of the hugely popular Survivor TV series on CBS, now in its 29th season. There are several ways for competitors to play in order to get to the end, and be the last guy standing.
    One method is to consistently vote off the least worthy person.
    Another way is to keep voting off the easiest mark in order to adance yourself.
    A third way is to strategically vote out the most dangerous threats.
    Or a combination of all three.
    Our games here utilize all three approaches.
    But there is a big difference between our games and Survivor.
    In Survivor, the only player that counts is you, so you have to play strategically or die.
    Here I tend to use the first approach, because I am not so heavily invested in who wins. But if I was, I would use the more strategic 2nd and 3rd approaches.
    In Survivor, you pretty much have to use the 2nd and 3rd approaches to advance yourself.

Thank goodness for that! :O :)) :-h
    timmer wrote:
    He didn't actually get his ass kicked. He finished 2nd. I see what you mean, but it is an elimination game. When there are only two left standing someone is going to get eliminated.
    This game reminds me of the hugely popular Survivor TV series on CBS, now in its 29th season. There are several ways for competitors to play in order to get to the end, and be the last guy standing.
    One method is to consistently vote off the least worthy person.
    Another way is to keep voting off the easiest mark in order to adance yourself.
    A third way is to strategically vote out the most dangerous threats.
    Or a combination of all three.
    Our games here utilize all three approaches.
    But there is a big difference between our games and Survivor.
    In Survivor, the only player that counts is you, so you have to play strategically or die.
    Here I tend to use the first approach, because I am not so heavily invested in who wins. But if I was, I would use the more strategic 2nd and 3rd approaches.
    In Survivor, you pretty much have to use the 2nd and 3rd approaches to advance yourself.

@QBranch was actually making a gag based on Aliens. Don't know see why you're reading so much into it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SAVALAS! <:-P
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thank you @Willy. No need to kill the vibe by dissecting jokes.

@timmer- if you haven't seen Aliens, then get to it! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote:
    @timmer- if you haven't seen Aliens, then get to it! ;)

Another joke.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Most certainly not my choice for a winner, but congratulations still. I'll give it a few hours for opinions/reviews/etc. before I start the Bond Girl Elimination Game. I already have a list down and ready to start.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Winner:
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)

Last rat standing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Blofeld's really liking this thread. ;)
    754614_640px.jpg?1283921597
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dr.
  • Good game and a worthy winner.
    Goldfinger and Sanchez should switch places in the lineup. more evidence that there are too many Dalton fans, and not enough Bond fans on this website...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    But, Sanchez is a much better villain than Goldfinger. With a far less stupid name. The best parts of Goldfinger's performance are "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" and that look he gives when he sees the ingot on the golf course. The best parts of Sanchez's performance are when Sanchez is on the screen.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    But, Sanchez is a much better villain than Goldfinger. With a far less stupid name. The best parts of Goldfinger's performance are "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" and that look he gives when he sees the ingot on the golf course. The best parts of Sanchez's performance are when Sanchez is on the screen.

This. I couldn't possibly agree more.
    Goldfinger and Sanchez should switch places in the lineup. more evidence that there are too many Dalton fans, and not enough Bond fans on this website...

=))
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there

Oh please....
    =))
    I think someone is a little upset? /\ ;))

I dont mind Goldfinger as a villain himself,although i dont like the film much,but Sanchez is a much much better villain,as my game showed.

And i say this as very much NOT a Dalton 007 fan.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 2,189
    barryt007 wrote:
    I dont mind Goldfinger as a villain himself,although i dont like the film much,but Sanchez is a much much better villain,as my game showed.
    And i say this as very much NOT a Dalton 007 fan.
    How is Sanchez better? He's a well known criminal who gets caught at the beginning of the movie, then has to bribe his way through an escape, and then, when he's free again, he lets a stranger get deep into his organization without doing any thorough background checks on him to see if he's maybe a spy.

Goldfinger on the other hand successfully carried out a cunning gold-smuggiling operation without the government finding out how he did it for years. It also happens that his scheme, "Operation Grand Slam" would have gone off without a hitch had it not been for the simple fact that Bond finished a mission early and was in Miami at the same time he was. Sanchez by comparison was a known criminal and was bound to get caught eventually. What's more, unlike Sanchez, Goldfinger was weary of Bond's prying nature and did a background check, found out he was 007 of the British Secret Service, and once he captured Bond he was prepared to kill him, but instead decided not to because of the suspicion it would arise on the eve of "Operation Grand Slam." Even though he kept Bond alive, he still would have been successful if not for Pussy deciding to contact Washington. Sanchez is no better than the dozen or so gangsters that Goldfinger gassed to death, which in itself is both a devious backstabbing plan, and a great public service. At the end of the day, Sanchez is just a psychotic coke dealer, while Goldfinger is a criminal mastermind.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Are we really going to do this now? I'm not happy how the game panned out either, but I'm not going to rant that Grant didn't score first place day and night, making everyone desire to desperately beat me over the head with heavy stones until I am eternally silenced.
    Remind me never to play Monopoly with some of you...