Worst superhero moments of all time.

Comments

I know they slaughtered freeze though in context of the film and i know i am stretching to find something. Arnies bereavement almost became passable until a dodgey ice related one liners appeared. The film was a attempt and being a toy factory.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I know they slaughtered freeze though in context of the film and i know i am stretching to find something. Arnies bereavement almost became passable until a dodgey ice related one liners appeared. The film was a attempt and being a toy factory.

Overall, his performance and the dialogue he had to speak left me completely cold. And yes, that pun was heavily intended.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Batman's ridiculous "in need of a lozenge" voice in the Nolan films.

This ^ hahaha. And say what you want about Nolan's Trilogy (I love it too, with a preference for Batman Begins) but damn that guy can't shoot action sequences. The hand to hand combat in that is laughable.

^^This :))

I must confess, regarding The Dark Knight. While the police station interrogation scene is great I did chuckle a bit when Bale yells "WHERE ARE THEY!!!!"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:

That's just 5 minutes. Where's the rest of the film? :-/
    I've not seen this in fairness but, based on Nostalgia Critic's review, Steel looks terrible. The bit when he appears in the gear reminds me of DAD:

Superman III with Richard Pryor was one of the all time lows. I don't know which I want to urinate on more The Quest For Peace or this 1983 cringefest.

Just when you see some crap like Superman III then The Quest for Peace or Batman forever comes along and add to the low moments.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,687
    At least Superman III looked pretty, IV looks like it was shot in 16mm. Both of them made Supergirl seem like a very good movie.
    Batman Begins due to the too large amount of copying from The Shadow.

http://www.shadowsanctum.net/interactive/tidbits_archive/shadow_batman-movie_comparisons.html

It makes the movie a very poor effort by all involved.

Spiderman 3 was a waste of time and money for the viewer. Sam Raimi should have left after the second one.

Supergirl an awefull poor attempt to cash in on the Superman series.

Man of Steel what a poor CGI fest with no excuses for any Supermanfan to like it. While the big boyscout never was my cup of tea this movie was effects over content.
    SaintMark wrote:

http://www.shadowsanctum.net/interactive/tidbits_archive/shadow_batman-movie_comparisons.html

Wow, they're really stretching to find comparisons, aren't they? A lot of those moments Batman apparently "stole" from the magnificent Shadow (cough) can be found in every flipping superhero film, like the hero's vow to save the day (duh) the final confrontation between the hero and villain (again, duh), their love interests (double duh) and the crises of their secret identity (triple diple duh).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Catwoman must be one of the worst, what were they thinking?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote:

Wow, they're really stretching to find comparisons, aren't they? A lot of those moments Batman apparently "stole" from the magnificent Shadow (cough) can be found in every flipping superhero film, like the hero's vow to save the day (duh) the final confrontation between the hero and villain (again, duh), their love interests (double duh) and the crises of their secret identity (triple diple duh).

Actually look at the scriptwriter of both movies and you'll find that Nolan has not worked hard enough to make a different movie instead of a pale copy. David Goyer getting a paycheck three times?

And I really prefer the Shadow movie easily better than Nolans trilogy, the 2nd one being good, number one to much of a copy and the third one ran out of ideas and originality quick.

And then of course there is the fact that the Shadow, his adventures, gadgets and actions did influence two writers a lot when they started with their hero the Batman. The Shadow has always been a source of stories and borrowing for the Bat, it seems that even Nolan could not step away from that.
    batman-and-robin-bat-nipples.jpg

GothCard.jpg

Bane_MOVIE.jpg

o-BATMAN-AND-ROBIN-570.jpg

Need I say more?

The real shame is Schwarzenegger actually had some good moments in this and I'm still convinced Clooney was criticized way too much for this. He was taking direction from Joel Schumacher and had no control over the script and tone. Clooney could have been a great Batman/Bruce Wayne with the right script and director.
    SaintMark wrote:

And I really prefer the Shadow movie easily better than Nolans trilogy, the 2nd one being good, number one to much of a copy and the third one ran out of ideas and originality quick.

Well, to be fair, The Dark Knight Rises took its ideas from three arcs in the comics : "The Cult", "Knightfall" and "No Man's Land". So it's not as if there were original ideas to begin with. But it had at least one great thing going for it : Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. So, there is that.

Arnie as Freeze is the best part about B&R. His line delivery is out of this world. Also gotta' love that Bat credit card.

I disagree about Clooney being a good Batman with the right director.
    @TrueMiracle85, I agree about Clooney. He has that playboy flair about him and now that he has grayed he looks like he could play an aged Bruce well if given a second chance.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,882

This ^ hahaha. And say what you want about Nolan's Trilogy (I love it too, with a preference for Batman Begins) but damn that guy can't shoot action sequences. The hand to hand combat in that is laughable.

They didn't do anything for me. Like @SaintMark, I prefer The Shadow. That said, as far as Batman (or should that be Batmen) goes/go, I do like the two Keaton films.
    The Superman sequence I think it is number 3 where Richard Pryor's character is trying to take out Superman. It is where we see it on his screen like a video game! X_X Batman and Robin is a good call though!
    The real shame is Schwarzenegger actually had some good moments in this and I'm still convinced Clooney was criticized way too much for this. He was taking direction from Joel Schumacher and had no control over the script and tone. Clooney could have been a great Batman/Bruce Wayne with the right script and director.

A ranking of the Batman films on IGN the other day ranked B & R dead last, obviously, but also charitably pointed out that the scenes between Bruce and Alfred weren't bad and would probably be remembered more fondly if they'd been in a different Batman film. I agree.

One of the real shames about the movies is George Clooney looks just like Bruce Wayne does in all of the comics. He has that square-jawed playboy look in spades. So part of me always wonders if he could have pulled off the role better with a different director taking a different approach.

Same thing with Tommy Lee Jones if he were playing a straight-edged D.A. turned criminal rather than the campy version of Two Face, and even Jim Carrey, later in his career where he tried more nuanced roles rather than straight-up over-the-top antics. I can see Jim Carrey today as a twitchy, neurotic Riddler on the verge of going over the edge, rather than the one we got in Forever, who'd already shot past the edge and was still sprinting.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Superman III with Richard Pryor was one of the all time lows. I don't know which I want to urinate on more The Quest For Peace or this 1983 cringefest.
    Superman III has it's low moments, for sure, but it's far superior to IV in my opinion. I always liked the whole "evil" Superman arc culminating with the fight between Superman and Clark.

SlyFox007 wrote:
    A ranking of the Batman films on IGN the other day ranked B & R dead last, obviously, but also charitably pointed out that the scenes between Bruce and Alfred weren't bad and would probably be remembered more fondly if they'd been in a different Batman film. I agree.

One of the real shames about the movies is George Clooney looks just like Bruce Wayne does in all of the comics. He has that square-jawed playboy look in spades. So part of me always wonders if he could have pulled off the role better with a different director taking a different approach.

Same thing with Tommy Lee Jones if he were playing a straight-edged D.A. turned criminal rather than the campy version of Two Face, and even Jim Carrey, later in his career where he tried more nuanced roles rather than straight-up over-the-top antics. I can see Jim Carrey today as a twitchy, neurotic Riddler on the verge of going over the edge, rather than the one we got in Forever, who'd already shot past the edge and was still sprinting.
    Well said. I agree with all of that.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, can you please avoid double / triple posts by using the edit button? Thank you.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, can you please avoid double / triple posts by using the edit button? Thank you.

Will do, did not realise i had duplicated that much.

Daredevil - Fight in the playground between Batfleck and Jennifer mark 2. Quite a ridiculous scene, though the film is not good admittedly.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Literally any moment in Superman IV. In my opinion it's by far the worst theatrically released film featuring a top-tier superhero. I know alot of people will mention Batman and Robin, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or Spiderman 3 but atleast those movies had some production value and looked like the studio spent some money. It's hard to fathom the arrogance of Canon films to think they could properly make a Superman film with the amount of money they spent on The Quest for Peace. But let's forget the horrendous effects. There are lapses in logic that would insult the intelligence of an 8 year-old. Regular people breathing in outer space, Superman's hair not only forming a person but a person with a spandex suit, Superman rebuilding the Great Wall of China by looking at it. This movie was so bad it buried the Superman series for nearly 2 decades.

And don't even get me started on Christopher Reeve shoehorning in his own liberal agenda.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Man of Steel: taking an hour and a half to build a dude from Deadliest Catch up to Superman. Sometimes, origin stories can take too long, this was one of them. The Hulk might not have shown up in the Ang Lee film for 40 minutes, but at least some of that material was interesting (not a lot, but still...).

Man of Steel: making Superman, with all his super powers and such, look weaker than his father, who beat the sh*t out of Krypton's best fighter and only lost because Zod got a cheap shot in on him.

Batman Begins: saying "I'm Batman" when he couldn't possibly have heard Falcone say "What the hell are you?".

The Dark Knight: relegating Two-Face to the minor B-story villain. He deserved a film all his own.

The Dark Knight Rises: the Talia Al Ghul twist. Bane was awesome throughout the film, then became a useless henchman at the end. Shame on the Dark Knight Trilogy for doing that.

The Incredible Hulk: this one is not actually in the film; deleting the deleted scenes. Those deleted scenes make that movie a lot better.

Iron Man: "There is only the next mission, and nothing else". That line sounds forced, something that none of Robert Downey Jr.'s other dialogue in any other film sounds like.

Iron Man 2: at the time I would have said "not enough Coulson", but then he got a TV show, so I can forgive that. Not enough Black Widow. She was great in that fight scene near the end, but other than that, completely underused.

Thor: not enough Hawkeye. We didn't get enough of him, then in The Avengers he gets mind-controlled. His character was almost a waste.

Spider-Man 2: "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head". Just bad music.

Spider-Man 3: the equivalent scene in this film, where he's got the black suit on and he's being a huge douche. Poor music, poor scene, poor film.

The Amazing Spider-Man: the skateboarding scene that had little set-up. I've heard there was a deleted scene that helped that part, but I've never seen it.

Superman III: Superman III
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    chrisisall wrote:
    At least Superman III looked pretty, IV looks like it was shot in 16mm. Both of them made Supergirl seem like a very good movie.

If there was one good thing about Superman 3, it was the one where Reeve was at hit absolute bulkiest- and looked more like the comic come to life than ever!
    Daredevil - Fight in the playground between Batfleck and Jennifer mark 2. Quite a ridiculous scene, though the film is not good admittedly.
    I liked DareDevil quite a bit and believe it's underrated- save for the sequence you mentioned. It truly drives me crazy; it's a stupid scene to begin with- and here you have a guy with the PERFECT alibi for not being a masked superhero (blindness, for those not familiar) and he goes around town in public pulling off stunts like that?? You deserve to have your identity exposed!!
    chrisisall wrote:

If there was one good thing about Superman 3, it was the one where Reeve was at hit absolute bulkiest- and looked more like the comic come to life than ever!

Very true. Physically Reeve looked his best in Superman 3. Also a minor complaint I have with the first two Superman films was that Reeves looked a touch too young. By Superman 3 he looked just right for the role as Superman as generally portrayed to be in his early to mid 30s. Reeve had aged very well since the first Superman film.

Agree Reeve looked at his best in III, Quest for peace could have been alot worse, there was a large chunk cut out of the film. The cut scenes are frankly appalling, this film is the worst cinematic Superhero film release.

Not sure if Spawn qualifies though that is a film i find difficult to watch.

@ Master_Dahark Been thinking of buying the directors cut of Daredevil, has a extra 30minutes have you seen that version and if so does it add to it?
    The Bat credit card.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Any scene with Robin from the Shuemacher Batman toy commercials. Oh I meant. "Films."