Worst superhero moments of all time.

edited October 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,432
George Clooney as Batman is an obvious place to start.

Comments

• edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Crikey! Every time the words mcgreggors syndrome is mentioned in Batman and Robin. Usually followed by a head wobble from Clooney.
    Batman and Robin as a whole is the worst superhero anything ever made.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Every moment in Batman Forever that Nicole Kidman wasn't in.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Every moment in Batman Forever that Nicole Kidman wasn't in.

Agree Kidman was on heat throughout that film. Batman/Bruce was on to a winner either way lol
    Most of Tim Burtons decisions concerning the Batman franchise were crap following the first film Batman (1989)
    I think Val Kilmer was a good choice but Jim Carrey as the Ridler was bad. I had always loved the Ridler from the old Batman TV show. Played by Frank Gorshim he was my favorite and I really wish the films would take the character more serious and give him time and thought process that The Joker enjoys. A pity.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Most of Tim Burtons decisions concerning the Batman franchise were crap following the first film Batman (1989)
    The first one is in my top ten superhero movies of all time.
    Batman Returns is a sublime art-house detour.
    Recently watched Batman returns on Bluray, visually it is excellent have more of an appreciation for it as i did previous. It has its studio bound limitations though it has its moments. Michelle Pffeifer as Catwoman is very good. There are some truly bizarre things that happen in that film. One of the more unconventional comic book or graphic novel films.
    All the Batman movies, even the George Clooney and Val Kilmer one, I remember enjoying at least the first couple times I watched them. Spider-Man 3, however, I remember viciously hating the first time watching it in the theater.

The emo-Peter-Parker strut is too obvious of a place to start, so how about all those scenes where, despite the overabundance of villains, Spidey fights with Mary Jane instead. Including one scene where he physically hits her. Or how about the time-wasting montage of Harry and MJ starting to rekindle their old flame, to a totally out of place Chubby Checkers, to cram another totally unnecessary love triangle in there. Or the terrible buddy cop "Which one's the ugly one?" dialogue during the climax.
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I think Val Kilmer was a good choice but Jim Carrey as the Ridler was bad. I had always loved the Ridler from the old Batman TV show. Played by Frank Gorshim he was my favorite and I really wish the films would take the character more serious and give him time and thought process that The Joker enjoys. A pity.
    Kilmer is a underated Batman, even if he does drift into Jim Morrison at times though don't mind that from him. Think he is a great actor simply because he fits into the Brando mould of just doing what he wants and does something quite random. Recently bought The Saint admittedly not a great movie though Kilmer is good value.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Using penguins with rockets on their backs to destroy Gotham City. (Batman Returns.)
    Superman returns - Superman lifts a Kryptonite continent into space which at that point i accept and one of the better moments in the film. Until later you discover whilst on a hospital bed a shard of Kryptonite is embedded in Superman. Brian Singer totally unacceptable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The credits of The Dark Knight Rises. :((
    The finale of Man of Steel.

For what reason?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

For what reason?
    Because the Nolan trilogy was officially over, hence the crying emoticon.

For what reason?

I suspected that, not sure you will see movies made in that genre like them again.

For what reason?

I suspected that, not sure you will see movies made in that genre like them again.

My Bruce Murdock series will have a tone similar to that of the Nolan Batman films.
    Murdock wrote:

For what reason?

My Bruce Murdock series will have a tone similar to that of the Nolan Batman films.

Echoes of Kubrik, Mann and Siegal can't go wrong mate.

And with Echos of Verhoeven and Terrance Young. ;)
    Murdock wrote:

And with Echos of Verhoeven and Terrance Young. ;)

Agree when you look back Young pretty much started the taught thriller mixed with fantasy in a more bleak and ultra realistic sense.
    Spiderman 3 - Evil Peter Parker with evil greased quiff need i say more. Truly awful and embarrassing surely for the actor. Though pay check probably softened the blow.

Same series of films Mary Jane everytime she appears. Terrible character
    Batman Forever: Robin saying "Holy Rusted Metal batman." Stupidest throwback to the Adam West series. Then Again both Forever and B&R were bad films.
    Murdock wrote:
    Batman Forever: Robin saying "Holy Rusted Metal batman." Stupidest throwback to the Adam West series. Then Again both Forever and B&R were bad films.

That's almost acceptable with worst to come in the next movie ;) Hate to admit it i went to watch Batman Forever twice at the cinema. At the time the reaction was wow Batman is hanging of helicopters and making death defying leaps. its funny how you perceive things differently in different time periods.
    Murdock wrote:

That's almost acceptable with worst to come in the next movie ;) Hate to admit it i went to watch Batman Forever twice at the cinema. At the time the reaction was wow Batman is hanging of helicopters and making death defying leaps. its funny how you perceive things differently in different time periods.

Oh I know, it's a time capsule. It's part of the fun of most movies.
    Batman Forever did fall into the pit of doom so to speak, though more so after watching Nolans Batman. Think i like Forever on my memory of it and Kilmer.
    Off topic how's your film progressing?
    Superman The Quest for peace - Massive budget cuts did not help this film, though the concept from the start was bad. Donner did warn Reeve. There is nothing good about this film.
    Batman Forever is just as much of a travesty to the character as Batman and Robin is. Batman actually says the words "Chicks love the car" in that film. I mean, are you freaking kidding me? Burton's films are Nolan-level in comparison. :-&
    Batman Forever is just as much of a travesty to the character as Batman and Robin is. Batman actually says the words "Chicks love the car" in that film. I mean, are you freaking kidding me? Burton's films are Nolan-level in comparison. :-&

Ha ha i think difference with Batman and Robin and Forever is the level of Awfullness, its ramped up to a whole movie worth with the former.

Ha ha i think difference with Batman and Robin and Forever is the level of Awfullness, its ramped up to a whole movie worth with the former.

A lot of it is due to the craptastic (yes, that's a word) dialogue written for Mr. Freeze. They took a deep and conflicted character like Victor and made him into a jokey, one-dimensional train-wreck. Why am I even discussing these films? It makes my blood boil, and for my health's sake my doctor recommends that I only discuss the Nolan films and, if I must, the Burton films only marginally and just twice a month.