Greatest scene in Superhero movies.

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm not much a superhero fan, but I've been coming round to them thanks to Marvel's Agent Of SHIELD.

Spoilers!!!!

X Men First Class;

- Taking out the Nazi's in Argentina. I particularly enjoy Fassbender's walk, as he enters the bar.

- Magento and the missiles

- Charles and Raven say goodbye

(OK, I watched this recently, and I thought it was probably the best superhero movie, hence why my list is First Class heavy)

X2;

- Magento sucking the iron out of the security guard's body to escape his cell.

The Dark Knight:

- The opening shot of the preparations of the bank heist. Zimmer's score makes this.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rorshcach in prison.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Superman The movie, for the time great visual trickery. Superman returns with lois to her apartment balcony, no cut. Camera pans to knock on her door Clark enters then when a befuddled Lois is wandering. Clarks posture completely changes removes glasses, brilliant acting from Reeve as he considers telling Lois he is Superman. Great scene.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I know how it was done, but still impressive as hell for the time!
    chrisisall wrote:
    I know how it was done, but still impressive as hell for the time!

Me too, still stands up very well :)
    Rorshcach in prison.
    Rorshcach in prison.
    Rorshcach in prison.

the best thing ever really - he needs a movie for himself.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rorshcach in prison.

Anything Rorschach does, really.

Here's one of my all-time favorites:
    edited May 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Rorshcach in prison.

Anything Rorschach does, really.

Yes, but in those prison scenes, Rorshach is more bad-ass than Eastwood in... anything.

Except maybe The Unforgiven.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    'I agree with every word you said we are the future, but unfortunately you killed my mother. Now this is what we are going to do, i am going to count to three and i am going to move the coin...' Xmen First Class, people who have watched it know the scene. Still think First Class is the best of the series. Great movie, great scene.

A personal wish, is to see Mathew Vaughn direct Fassbender as Bond!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    "Puny god!"
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:
    When Superman first appears and saves Lois Lane from the helicopter accident in Superman the Movie...gets me every time.

When Eric Lensherr lays waste to the Nazis in the bar in Argentina in First Class.

The scene with Eric in 'First Class' is so Bondian.

Just finished watching it and also the documentarys, Vaughn deliberately modelled the film and magneto on Connerys and his earlier Bond films. Great extras on the bluray they have a bit of a Bond and John Barry love in, if you are going emulate, emulate the best and think they did very well in that regard. This film seems to improve as time passes.

End credit titles, good homage to Maurice Binder certainly evokes memory of DN and FRWL. Echos of Saul Bass also.

Probably greatest Superhero moment of all time, Christopher Reeve and his strength of character against adversity. Documentary dedicated to him called Heart of a hero is a fitting tribute.
    Two-Face's death in Batman Forever
    Final fight between Spider-Man and Green Goblin in Spider-Man 1
    The Joker's death in Batman '89
    The death of Dick Grayson's parents in Batman Forever
    Dr. Octopus' sacrifice at the end of Spider-Man 2
    So many great moments here, and I agree with all of them. Most recent for me : Quicksilver. No spoiler here, you'll know the scene when you'll see it.

But there's one moment nobody has discussed yet. A villain moment, featuring no less than Sir Christopher Lee. This one :

And yes, that's his real voice. No dubbing for him, no sir.
    Gerard wrote:
    So many great moments here, and I agree with all of them. Most recent for me : Quicksilver. No spoiler here, you'll know the scene when you'll see it.

But there's one moment nobody has discussed yet. A villain moment, featuring no less than Sir Christopher Lee. This one :

And yes, that's his real voice. No dubbing for him, no sir.

Crikey! completely forgot about that film.
    Looks better than Superman IV
    Looks better than Superman IV

Its probably treble the budget. lol
    Could actually be true.
    Could actually be true.

Wonder if any other films used Milton Keynes to double as a location for a major city, empathises how much trouble Quest for peace production was in.
  • I could say much of the original Superman and number 2, but the scene I love more than most is the battle between Supes and Zod, Ursa and Non on the streets of Metropolis. Very well done scene.....
    I could say much of the original Superman and number 2, but the scene I love more than most is the battle between Supes and Zod, Ursa and Non on the streets of Metropolis. Very well done scene.....
    It's even better in the enhanced Donner Cut!

• Definitely. Could watch it time and again....
    The Donner cut is great, love the shot of Superman flying through metropolis being pursued by Non the extra flying footage stands up well.

Just watching Xmen 2 for first time on bluray, Nightcrawlers assault on the white house is awesome, presses rewind button.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Donner Cut is my favorite cut of Superman 2, save for the scene where Lois finds out that Clark is Superman. Falling on the fire is a lot better than the gun scene.
    The Donner Cut is my favorite cut of Superman 2, save for the scene where Lois finds out that Clark is Superman. Falling on the fire is a lot better than the gun scene.
    I also like the Paris scene... it's why I own both versions & mix & match.
    I have both versions as well, and the Paris scene is pretty good. I wish we had an alternate version of the first film to make them closer to how they were originally intended.
    I have both versions as well, and the Paris scene is pretty good. I wish we had an alternate version of the first film to make them closer to how they were originally intended.
    Like Jayne said, if wishes were horses we'd all be eatin' steak. :))
    Deleted.
    Deleted.

Deleted as well.
    Deleted.

Deleted as well.

Deleted too.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Deleted.

Deleted as well.

Deleted too.

Have the Cybermen taken over this thread ?