Greatest scene in Superhero movies.

Comments

• Creasy47 wrote:

The scene with Eric in 'First Class' is so Bondian.

Indeed. That scene convinced me that I would love to see Fassbender in a Bond movie with Vaughn directing. The music is epic too.

• I haven't seen First Class yet, but you're right about the Superman scene. It's brilliant, especially as the climax to Superman's night of heroics with the theme blaring in the background. Probably my second favorite scene after the one in Lois's apartment after he flies her around Metropolis.
    In Thor dark world when Thor is in casual attire so to speak talking to his mother and queen amidala i mean Jane foster. Thor becomes aware of jail break and jumps changes suit catches hammer and flies off awesome. Thors entrance in the movie was epic, probably one of best entrances for a superhero or god in this case.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love the shot during the city fight in 'The Avengers' when the camera pans around the entire group, and they're all prepping to fight once more, reloading their weapons, etc. It's an excellent shot, and it goes well with that entire finale battle.

After seeing 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier,' I can say just about the entire film was my favorite scene!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I love the shot during the city fight in 'The Avengers' when the camera pans around the entire group, and they're all prepping to fight once more, reloading their weapons, etc. It's an excellent shot, and it goes well with that entire finale battle.

After seeing 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier,' I can say just about the entire film was my favorite scene!

Not seen Winter soldier yet, looking forward to Bluray release heard its the best marvel film yet. Unfortunately i have been watching Agents of shield and i think a big plot point has been given away, though maybe one that was obvious?
    It most certainly is the best Marvel film so far, and I can finally say I've seen them all. It just blew me away with nearly every scene. Sadly, the events in 'The Winter Soldier' carry on to 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,' and while I don't watch the latter, I assume what you're speaking of is a spoiler for 'The Winter Soldier.' These events combined will then transfer over and have repercussions in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron.' Don't let that spoil the film for you, it's unbelievably good.
    Read alot of spoiler free reviews, one stating it superheros meets All the presidents men. Having the gravitas of Redford is inspired itself. From pieces i have picked up on via Agents of shield which is a show that has improved, appears to be a extremely relevant film.
    @fire_and_ice, I would agree with it. It's a fantastic superhero movie mixed with a political thriller. It really gets the job done. I would say 'The Winter Soldier' is probably one of the biggest turning points when it comes to altering the course of the Marvel universe, in a sense.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, I would agree with it. It's a fantastic superhero movie mixed with a political thriller. It really gets the job done. I would say 'The Winter Soldier' is probably one of the biggest turning points when it comes to altering the course of the Marvel universe, in a sense.

Got to give credit to Marvel/Disney universe they are evolving and appear to have a master plan. Every other studio is trying to emulate them with there respective Superhero properties.

DCs Green Lantern put a spanner in there works. Think DC will come good too much too tap into, alot comes down too will the audience still want superhero movies in four or five years time. I think the key to making a good superhero movie much like Bond is have a great story and drop whoever the protagonist is slap bang in the middle of it. Story should come first that the protagonist just happens to find there way into.
    @fire_and_ice, that they are, and Marvel is in top of their game. Well I hope you love 'The Winter Soldier' as much as the rest of us have. I think almost every fan review I've read on here praises the entirety of the project, it really is stellar work with so many great scenes. There's a certain scene that makes the elevator fight in QoS look dull and tame in comparison.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, that they are, and Marvel is in top of their game. Well I hope you love 'The Winter Soldier' as much as the rest of us have. I think almost every fan review I've read on here praises the entirety of the project, it really is stellar work with so many great scenes. There's a certain scene that makes the elevator fight in QoS look dull and tame in comparison.

I suspect i will, one of films i am really looking forward too along with Godzilla and Dawn of planet and the Apes and Days of future past. Should be a good year for films. The top heavy 2015 releases maybe outdone by the films this year.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I know I'll love Winter Soldier, but no superhero film will ever beat Superman: The Movie for me. It's the Gone With The Wind of the costumed flicks.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I know I'll love Winter Soldier, but no superhero film will ever beat Superman: The Movie for me. It's the Gone With The Wind of the costumed flicks.

Agree i think it stands above the rest, the first and the best. Donners heart went into that movie and it shows.'YOU'LL BELIEVE A MAN CAN FLY.'' and we did! Great movie.

Funny you should mention Gone with the wind, recall the scene from Interview from a vampire, when Louis (Pitt) returns to America. He is in the picture house, we are shown segments of Sunrise, Nosferato, Gone with the wind then Superman The movie. Superman flying above earth heading toward the Sun. Sun was the theme as well as emphasis on the passage of time. None the less Superman The movie is in good company. That scene from Interview... encapsulated it i think.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Clark Kent scenes in Superman 1 (Chris Reeve did a great bumbler, and really sold the character)

Batman '89

The fight scenes in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy

The Avengers Vs Chitauri battle in The Avengers (not a dull moment, especially that long take of just the Avengers being badass)

The part in Thor: The Dark World where Thor hangs his hammer on the coat hook

Any scene in the Dark Knight Trilogy with the bad guys in it (Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul, Ledger as the Joker and Hardy as Bane, the best villains in film after Darth Sidious and Loki)
    The scene from The shadow when Alec Baldwin is trying to hypnotise Penelopie Anne Millar and it does not work. Funny scene
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Pretty much all of Batman Begins.
    All the scenes with the Joker in The Dark Knight.
    The finale fight in Gotham at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.
    When Iron-Man is in action for the first time in the Middle East in Iron-Man.
    Most of Captain America: The Winter Solider especially the parts with Falcon in action.
    The finale fight in New York City at the end of The Avengers.
    Superman: The Movie where Superman gently caresses Lois' dead body... then- !!!!!!!!!
    @-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The scene from The shadow when Alec Baldwin is trying to hypnotise Penelopie Anne Millar and it does not work. Funny scene

Can I just say the entrie film? Especially the sight of PAM slinking across the floor of the Cobalt Club, and pouring herself into a chair. :x
    Lucky chair.

Can I just say the entrie film? Especially the sight of PAM slinking across the floor of the Cobalt Club, and pouring herself into a chair. :x

PAM is very sexy and equally so in Carlitos way. The Shadow is a gem of a film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Oh yes, i've been a fan of PAM since I first saw The Shadow. Sadly, we don't see so much of her these days. I even have a copy of the Jessica Simpson film, Blonde Ambition, just because PAM is in it.
    Oh yes, i've been a fan of PAM since I first saw The Shadow. Sadly, we don't see so much of her these days. I even have a copy of the Jessica Simpson film, Blonde Ambition, just because PAM is in it.

Think the only other film i remember her in is Kindergarton cop, she did seem to completely vanish. Sure she was in a Coen brothers movie? i am mistaken looked on IMDB. lol Forgot about Relic a film i need to revisit.
    The Relic, yes, that's another PAM favourite of mine. She was also good in Adventures In Babysitting where she played the best (and geeky) friend of another underappreciated actress, Elisabeth Shue.
    I don't get off on the boom bang CGI FX heavy scenes in superhero films. I like the "cute" ones.

I always get a kick out of the scene in Superman when Luthor is showing superman his new map of the West Coast and finds that Otis has maned a town after himself. Then he got on his hand and knees and cleaned it up.

On when superman scares that guy scaling the side of that skyscraper and the guy falls and Superman flies down lands on the side of the building and catches the guy and flies away right behind some corporate type working late. The corporate guy looks around and just says, "Naw..." then goes back to work.

I love those scenes.
    1. Heath Ledger's Joker clapping for the newly appointed Commissioner Gordon.
    2. The fight in the streets between The Winter Soldier and Captain America, when TWS picks up the Cap shield.
    3. Heath Ledger's Joker sticking his head out of a speeding police car, laughing.
    4. Iron Man confronts Loki in the Stark Enterprises Tower.
    5. Superman takes on Zod in suburbia, from Man of Steel.
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I always get a kick out of the scene in Superman when Luthor is showing superman his new map of the West Coast and finds that Otis has named a town after himself. Then he got on his hand and knees and cleaned it up.

Or when superman scares that guy scaling the side of that skyscraper and the guy falls and Superman flies down lands on the side of the building and catches the guy and flies away right behind some corporate type working late. The corporate guy looks around and just says, "Naw..." then goes back to work.

Yeah, freakin' classic stuff! =))
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 2,782
    The blood rave scene in Blade...probably the best Marvel film ever. Truly awesome and how I've missed Snipes as Blade. NSFW

I really enjoyed the 'Blade' films, I haven't watched them in so many years. They were so damn fun.
    I am hoping for something epic in the Superman/Batman mash up?!!! For now i will stick with the Avengers New York battle!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Usually the end credits do it for me.