Ian Fleming in Modern Literature

007InVT007InVT Classified
edited May 2014 in Literary 007 Posts: 893
I'm reading an entertaining book by Jake Arnott right now called The House of Rumour. It's a sort of quasi-fictional account of Fleming's wartime exploits in part, including references to M. I won't summarize too much more as I am only a quarter through - here's the blurb if you are interested:

Mixing the invented and the real, The House of Rumour explores WWII spy intrigue (featuring Ian Fleming), occultism (Aleister Crowley), the West Coast science-fiction set (Heinlein, L. Ron Hubbard, and Philip K. Dick all appear), and the new wave music scene of the ’80s. The decades-spanning, labyrinthine plot even weaves in The Jonestown Massacre and Rudolf Hess, UFO sightings and B-movies. Told through multiple narrators, what at first appears to be a constellation of random events begins to cohere as the work of a shadow organization—or is it just coincidence?

Anyway, my question is apart from this book and William Boyd's Any Human Heart, which features Ian Fleming, are there any other novels that include Ian as a character?

Comments

Yes, quite a few. He notably appears in Stuart Kaminsky's "You Bet Your Life", in which he saves private eye Toby Peters from a tight spot.
    That sounds like a very interesting read! (The House of Rumours)
    It is moving to the top of my to-read list. I should add the Boyd and Kaminksy books too, as there is nothing else very pressing on my to-read list anyway.
    Fleming as a character sounds real interesting.
    @007InVT - good question and my only answer would have been 'Any Human Heart' and you have that one.
    Is the Jake Arnott book good?
    I ask because he wrote a fabulous crime trilogy in the '90s that started with 'The Long Firm'. Great stuff that I would thoroughly recommend to you crime aficionados out there!
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Arnott's books is good. Read another 150 pages last night - it ticks a lot of boxes for me!
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Ah ha! One more: No Dawn for Men: A Novel of Ian Fleming, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Nazi Germany

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17707821-no-dawn-for-men