New Aston Martin V12 Zagato pictures released.

doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 864
I haven't been around here for a while, so I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I just thought I'd share this.

AM just linked via twitter this picture of the new Aston. A possibility for Bond in B23?

http://twitpic.com/50143p

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well I'm no expert on cars but this one doesn't look to me as if it has that timeless quality that AMs always seem to have.
    As to whether it will be featured in the next Bond film, it has a better than average chance.

Good to hear from you dublo
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    ...Good to hear from you dublo
    Thanks, Nackers. Just thought I'd pop my nose in.

I'm fairly happy with this AM. It doesn't look exactly like all the others, so that'll be a change.

As long as it doesn't have rockets, an ejector seat and turns invisible, I'll be fine with it. But it will, of course, need to be grey.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Either way, I wouldn't mind going bombing around in it...
    Looks top banana - a change of colour would be nice. British racing green please. It'll defo have a heads up display and a cup holder.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    When is the car due for release? I only ask because for all we know Bond could be using a not-yet-released vehicle (ie. released in 2013) for the next film.

Not a bad car but I'm not overly found of it as much as other Astons.

Welcome back @doubleonothing!
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I don't really like it in comparison to the other AM's, it just dosen't have those smooth lines that made the DBS so absolutely gorgeous that if you saw one in the street you'd just want to lick it!

Anyway great to have you back doubleonothing B-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Same design again ?? Can Aston Martin please change the tired design they used for every car for the last decade ? I'm sorry, but this Zagato is simply not a good car.
    I looks just like a tricked out version of the other Aston Martins out there. I prefer the DB9 and DBS which look a bit classier. This seems too "pimped"
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,882
    Not sure about this one, i'm affraid. The frotn looks chunky. :-?
    Thanks for the welcome backs, everyone.
    It great, I like it. 007 will enjoyed this. This new Aston Martin Zagato is great car. I hope this will suit him in his next mission.
    This car looks amazing.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I don't really like it in comparison to the other AM's, it just dosen't have those smooth lines that made the DBS so absolutely gorgeous that if you saw one in the street you'd just want to lick it!

\:D/ :-))
    Still not able to afford even a secondhand one. :-q
  • I really like what they've done. It's clearly a car built for racing, but also available for the road, just like the DB4 Zagato which it's meant to pay homage to. I like the fact you can see the rear axle from the back (racey and in no way practical) and the rear lights which look to be a tribute to the lesser known DBSC.

A couple of design cues though curiosly seem to be taken from the Nissan GT-R, most noticable in the side profile, in the form of the rearmost side window and the side vent. Again, I'd argue those are the best bits of the GT-R anyway.
    It been revealed to all Car magazine that the Aston Martins extra & new Zagato. The production mode will comments next year.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    To be honest it doesn't look like a classy car to me. Especially not the back end:

I hope one day they'll again make true GT's, the only cars I really like.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I agree @CommanderRoss. The back end ruins the car for me. It doesn't have the extra back like the other Astons Bond has driven. The grey Zagato seems better than the red, but its only superficial. I'm not a big car head, so I dunno.
    I could still see Bond driving it for Bond 23 though.
  • I can't really see Daniel Craig (Or any other Bond) driving or even standing just besides this car, it look nice (For a woman), but is too 'childish' to me...
  • Damn that is one cool looking car.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    he should be driving the Aston Martin 0ne-77

BODY
    TWO-SEAT, TWO-DOOR COUPE
    CARBON FIBRE MONOCOQUE STRUCTURE
    HAND CRAFTED ALUMINIUM BODY PANELS
    SINGLE BI-XENON HEADLAMPS WITH INTEGRATED LED SIDE LIGHTS AND DIRECTION INDICATORS
    CARBON FIBRE FRONT SPLITTERS
    CARBON FIBRE REAR DIFFUSER WITH INTEGRATED TRANSAXLE COOLER
    LED REAR LAMPS (FOG AND REVERSE)
    ACTIVE AERODYNAMICS WITH DEPLOYABLE SPOILER

ENGINE
    ALLOY QUAD OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT, 48-VALVE, 7312 CC V12
    FRONT MID-MOUNTED ENGINE, REAR-WHEEL DRIVE
    FULLY CATALYSED STAINLESS STEEL LIGHTWEIGHT SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH ACTIVE BYPASS VALVES

PERFORMANCE
    COMPRESSION RATIO 10.9:1
    MAX POWER 559 KW (750 BHP/760 PS)
    MAX TORQUE 750 NM
    ACCELERATION 0 – 100 KM/H (62 MPH) IN UNDER 3.7 SECONDS
    MAXIMUM SPEED OVER 354 KM/H (220 MPH)

TRANSMISSION
    REAR MID-MOUNTED, SIX-SPEED AUTOMATED MANUAL GEARBOX WITH AUTO SHIFT MANUAL/SELECT SHIFT MANUAL (ASM/SSM) ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEM
    MAGNESIUM ALLOY TORQUE TUBE WITH CARBON FIBRE PROPELLER SHAFT
    LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
    FINAL DRIVE RATIO 3.538
    The problem is, they are going to manufacture only 77 of these cars (I mean the Aston Martin 0ne-77). So there is absolutely no chance Bond will drive it.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    The problem is, they are going to manufacture only 77 of these cars (I mean the Aston Martin 0ne-77). So there is absolutely no chance Bond will drive it.
    and at £1,200,000 each,

:O :O :O :O

I doubt Q-Branch will buy something like that so Bond can return it in "Pristine" condition

http://www.decodir.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/The-New-Hi-Tech-Lavish-Cruiser-Lagonda-by-Aston-Martin-at-Geneva-5.jpg

What about an Aston Martin SUV; seems Bond could do with a bit more "durability" to keep Q calm. :-?
    Or the new 2015 Land Rover (this one might be delayed for 24 or even 25, but still)

http://www.kilometermagazine.com/artman2/uploads/1/2015-land-rover-defender-dc100-concept.jpg
  • Or the new 2015 Land Rover (this one might be delayed for 24 or even 25, but still)

http://www.kilometermagazine.com/artman2/uploads/1/2015-land-rover-defender-dc100-concept.jpg
    that is ugly.

Can't believe LR are going to release that?

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I think all the new LR are ugly!
    This thread is for discussing the AM Zagato. If you want to talk about the Bond 23 car possibilities, here's the thread to do it in:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/265/bond-23-007-car/p1

Thanks.
    I was linked to this thread by an admin, but okayyyy :P
    I was linked to this thread by an admin, but okayyyy :P
    Well, apologies, JWESTBROOK. I don't suppose it matters that much, in the end. I just saw a thread that specifically was talking about the B23 car possibilities and figured it would be best to continue the discussion over there.