Rate The Last Movie You Saw In Theaters

Comments

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2014 Posts: 432
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2: I'm not really a Spider-Man fan, but this one was very entertaining. Sony really wanted to show off the VFX this time. The suit looked more classic this time around. Electro was well made, but didn't feel like he was given enough focus. Acting was overall good. I have a few minor grasps especially with the romance and the whole sickness that Harry had. Other than that I'd give it a 6,5/10.
    @Pajan005, where do you live that this film is out already. We're not even getting it this weekened in Canada.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    And didn't the premiere just happen?
    Pajan005 too many good words for such a weak grade :/

I'm seeing the movie next week altought something was spoiled for me :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    dragonsky wrote:

Oh, so you've seen the stupid, overly-revealing trailers too? They spoiled the biggest emotional beat in the story right in one of the first trailers alone. It's quite frankly rubbish, even though I know what is coming.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    America is one of the last markets to get the film. It's been out elsewhere since mid-April. I saw it on Wednesday.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2014 Posts: 432
    timmer wrote:
    @Pajan005, where do you live that this film is out already. We're not even getting it this weekened in Canada.

It came out here in Sweden on April 18th.
    dragonsky wrote:

Well, it is enjoyable. But it just felt very average. Not so memorable. That's why
    Oh, so you've seen the stupid, overly-revealing trailers too? They spoiled the biggest emotional beat in the story right in one of the first trailers alone. It's quite frankly rubbish, even though I know what is coming.

Yeah, I agree. I took some of the excitement out of me as well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Berendal:The Raid 2

8/10

Phenomenal action sequences surrounded by an overly complicated story that has too many characters. Acting is surprisingly good though, and the 2+ hours zip along quite quickly. Damn good.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Pajan005 wrote:
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2: I'm not really a Spider-Man fan, but this one was very entertaining. Sony really wanted to show off the VFX this time. The suit looked more classic this time around. Electro was well made, but didn't feel like he was given enough focus. Acting was overall good. I have a few minor grasps especially with the romance and the whole sickness that Harry had. Other than that I'd give it a 6,5/10.
    Yeah, in Germany it came out the same day :-) . I´d give it about the same rating. Andrew Garfield is one of the best acting talents of his generation. I didn´t find any way to relate to the Green Goblin in the Raimi films, and I still don´t find it in this one. At all, I found the love story much more gripping than the goodie-baddie relations. In other words, the human angle worked way better for me than the superhero angle. No, that´s not true at all, Spiderman was excellent in this film. In one of his last scenes, he brilliantly comes across like a protecting father in a certain way. It´s the villains that don´t cut it. They were well dosed, not overcrowding the film, and they even helped developing the continuing story. But somehow they didn´t blow me away.

Berendal:The Raid 2

8/10

Phenomenal action sequences surrounded by an overly complicated story that has too many characters. Acting is surprisingly good though, and the 2+ hours zip along quite quickly. Damn good.
    Looking forward to that one. I watched the first one on rental, but I guess this time around I won´t wait that long.

I guess those of us in NA will just have to sit tight and wait for Spidey to hit theatres.
    Meantime I am liking the look of "The Other Woman" comedy, which opens this weekend. Looks like a good romp and with much Kate Upton too - only the #1 SI swimsuit model of all time, IMHDO (in my humble drooling opinion). :x
    dragonsky wrote:

I've seen 1 or 2 of the trailers and I thought they revealed too much, but no, the fucking internet spoiled me :@ :( Still I'm excited to see the movie :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 : Rise Of Electro

Took my son to see it yesterday. I was kind of looking forward to see this one. The first one was okay, and the trailer for this looked pretty good. Visually it is very good. With some new ways to show us Spidey and what it's like to be the webslinger. But I found the film really dragged. It's not really boring, but I was thinking (knowing what was in the trailer) this part hasn't happened yet, or this character has not even been introduced...how long is this film. And the answer is. Long.
    I felt too many of the characters stories were either to underdeveloped, and a brief scene completely changes them in their motive. Or that I actually felt sorry for them in how they became so bad. I think it tries to be too much, but ends up being a mess.
    2.5 / 5
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Captain America

I loved it! The script was strong; I like that the superhero aspect could be removed and the hyper-technology made a bit more realistic and you would still have a good story. There is a elevator scene that I could easily see Craig pulling off as Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    talos7 wrote:
    Captain America

I loved it! The script was strong; I like that the superhero aspect could be removed and the hyper-technology made a bit more realistic and you would still have a good story. There is a elevator scene that I could easily see Craig pulling off as Bond.

Been there, done that:

B-)

Gotta love it when Dan uses his foot to swing the incapacitated agent's leg back into the elevator.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I feel like a lot of trailers now are showing more and more as time progresses. 'The Amazing Spider Man 2' trailers have given away a whole lot, and the 'Godzilla' trailers seem to show off way too much now. I was loving the teases they were delivering, but now, it's too much.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Exactly, it's one of the better scenes in the movie.
    talos7 wrote:
    Exactly, it's one of the better scenes in the movie.
    I do wish the camera would have been more unattached from the scene though. I'm sure Forster and his team were trying to recreate a sense of tight space and claustrophobic tension akin to being in an actual elevator by pulling the cameras in so close but it does get hard to discern Bond's movements from that of the other agents opposing him in the bout. Ah well. Bond's fights with Mitchell, Slate and Greene alone make up for that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I feel like a lot of trailers now are showing more and more as time progresses. 'The Amazing Spider Man 2' trailers have given away a whole lot, and the 'Godzilla' trailers seem to show off way too much now. I was loving the teases they were delivering, but now, it's too much.

This is a problem. One of the surprises in Captain America 2 was no surprise at all thanks to the trailer. Sloppy.
    Creasy47 wrote:

This is a problem. One of the surprises in Captain America 2 was no surprise at all thanks to the trailer. Sloppy.
    It´s nothing new, it´s been a problem for the last 20 years. Nolan and his obsession with secrecy brought us some good trailers, and I think there were a tiny few followers doing the same. But that was it.
    Thinking about Spidey, it was dumb to put The Rhino on the poster and in the trailer, since he has absolutely nothing to do with the story of the film.

Someone said that TASM2 was named TASM:Rise of Electro.
    Was this case in most countries ? Why ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    dragonsky wrote:

Maybe just a tagline?
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,622
    The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton. 1/5 stars

A horrible film. Mann needs to be nominated as most annoying, cringe-inducing female co-lead in a comedy.
    A few items do make this generally awful film somewhat bearable. There are a few funny moments, plus there is the pulchritudinous Upton, the 2014 standard for nubile female perfection IMDroolingO again.
    Upton delivers as promised. Her bouncy bikini beach-run, rivals anything the Baywatch babes did in the '90s. As Diaz's character remarks, Upton's mams are natural double-D's. Spectacular.
    Upton isn't given much to say, but she dazzles in every shot. Must have been very humbling for Diaz as she used to be Upton, maybe not quite Upton, but close, three decades ago.
    The movie must have been made by fantasizing middle-aged men, as Upton has a thing for older guys. Don Johnson even. :P

Another hilight is The Man From Uncle theme brought up full blast as the girls attempt vehicle surveillance on the cheating husband. Good stuff there.

Kate Upton, busting forth in The Other Woman
    The-Other-Woman-Kate-Upton.jpg

The Winter Soldier.
    10/10 for me. Great personal story although you do not know it as you are watching it up to a point, coupled with some great humour, and non stop action! :O
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Yes The Winter Soldier is going over very well with Bond fans it seems.
    I think its tapped into the classic danger/fantasy vibe that I think marks the best of Bond.
    Kate Upton I think needs to make a token appearance in the next Bond film to loosen things up at bit. Give her a Plenty O'Toole type role.
    dragonsky wrote:

Maybe just a tagline?
    In Germany it´s the title. As for the why, good question, considering that the film deals as much with his demise as with his rise. German distributors are crazy for dumb titles and love to make titles overlong, they´re a bit stupid, if you ask me. I guess in this case, they also wanted to have "rises" in the title because it was also in The Dark Knight rises.

Oculus
    great movie. full of frights, good story, good acting. Worth the watch
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 8/10

I saw this opening night and, while I thought a couple of things should've been a bit different, I really enjoyed it. I didn't like how goofy Electro started out but I liked him more towards the end. I like the first one a little more but this one was a worthy sequel.
    @OHMSS69, really? I'll have to check it out on Redbox, it could surprise me. I thought 'Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones' looked terrible, but my buddy said it was really scary. Perhaps it's the same case with 'Oculus,' as I thought it looked awful from the trailers.
    @Creasy47,Oculus is still playing at theaters around here.
    I caught the other horror flick last weekend, The Quiet Ones, Don't waste your time and money. That movie SUCKED.
    @OHMSS69, I know, but I would rather spend $1.29 and wait a few months to see it than spend $7 in theaters. Yeah, 'The Quiet Ones' looks terrible, as well. The only redeeming quality it seemed to have was starring Jared Harris.