Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 40,370
    All I read the other day on 'Terminator: Genesis' was that they were going to re-do a whole bunch of scenes from the first two films while adding in new scenes, such as a young Sarah with her parents.

I'm just not that excited for this. I am looking forward to a trailer, and I really hope they don't go with an overly-CGI route.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Arnold did an interview about how he'll be returning for Terminator and why his appearance will make sense

http://collider.com/terminator-genesis-story-details-arnold-schwarzenegger/

The theory actually sounds logical. Apparently he will be a Terminator who was sent 'too far back' because time travel isn't perfect, and has been hibernating until the time is right. This also ties in with the rumors that this new movie will revisit events from the 1984 movie. It sounds pretty cool I think. I mean, Arnold said it himself in T2: 'living tissue over metal endoskeleton'
    that is interesting
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,879
    I would've liked a follow up to Salvation- a full-on future war like we got a glimpse of in the first two films, with the same feel, music etc, but I must say I'm looking forward to this film. On a more superficial level, I hope they get the 1984 'look' right- it's easier said than done.
    I also wanted a follow up to salvation! I think they have took the lazy option here! Very disappointed. :-q
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Salvation kind of sucked though. I cracked a smile precisely 3 times when I saw it opening night:

Christian Bale said 'I'll be back'
    That Guns N' Roses song from T2
    Arnold showed up (and was a bad guy)

I feel like Terminator goes with time travel like salt and pepper. Salvation could have at the very least shown Arnold and Reese go back to 1984. I feel there's a great adventure to be told just in that plot alone. The humans didn't have the technology, the Terminators did. That means they actually had to sneak Reese into Skynet to send him back. And then of course there's the actual capture and reprogramming of Arnold in T2 (I'm excluding T3. 'Good Arnold' should have only logically happened once.)

Back to this new movie though, I do think it's clever what they're doing- sending a Terminator too far back, and he's forced to 'wait' until his time comes, and that's why he looks older. If they make another movie with Arnold at all, I'm glad at least they're using their imagination, rather than pretending Arnold isn't in his 60's (hmmmm similar to Moore in AVTAK...... ;) )

Whatever happens, I hope Arnold is BAD
    Yeah, Arnold's logic is there, but I just want to see how it transforms and works on screen before I make a judgment. So, they're attempting to cram a majority of the original T1 and T2 into the first film of the new trilogy?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So, they're attempting to cram a majority of the original T1 and T2 into the first film of the new trilogy?

Why not? Retell as much of the good stuff as you can to connect it to the films that have come before, then tell your own story with the sequels. It could work.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Back to this new movie though, I do think it's clever what they're doing- sending a Terminator too far back, and he's forced to 'wait' until his time comes, and that's why he looks older.
    It might be great... we'll see.
    It may work, but it just sounds like a lot to pack into one film.
    What they're planning reminds me of Back to the Future II, in a good way. Specifically, regarding the time travel on top of the time travel. I smell a paradox
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    What they're planning reminds me of Back to the Future II, in a good way. Specifically, regarding the time travel on top of the time travel. I smell a paradox

The entire series is a paradox.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am certainly looking forward to this. Schwarzenegger said this film has a more T2 feel to it, and that sounds good to me. Easily the best of the four. And I have faith in the director.
    Meh. Ah-nuld shouldn't be doing the old terminator gig anymore. He's way too old. I don't care how they'll try to explain it. He can do action movies for all I care. But should play characters closer to his age. Not some wrinkled cyborgs.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The entire series is a paradox.

Now it will be a paradox to the fifth power. :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Production began yesterday on Terminator: Genesis.

terminator-slate-small.jpg
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Production began yesterday on Terminator: Genesis.

terminator-slate-small.jpg

Still cannot believe it is going to be a reboot? Sadly the picture has not uploaded Samuel?
    Samuel, the image has been terminated. Will we see its salvation? Ahl be back to check.
    Was this it @Samuel001?

BlwDAXcCMAEz_cM.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Arnie's looking good. Sunglasses are good at hiding age.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    No, the picture was the first clapper board from the shoot and fear not, this film connects with the previous ones. It's not a reboot in the traditional sense of the word.
    Oh this one!

terminator-genesis-teminator-genesis-set-photo-600x450.jpg-314842d1398139841
    Looks like Skynet deleted all records of the file.
    He's back...

article-2572756-1BD8A85100000578-929_634x781.jpg
    The bike chase in T2 was not how I remembered it...
    SharkBait wrote:
    He's back...

article-2572756-1BD8A85100000578-929_634x781.jpg

This could make for a good caption competition?
    It would still be a better chase scene than the one in T3.
    It would still be a better chase scene than the one in T3.

I much preferred that to the chase scene in Matrix Reloaded.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Arnold did an interview about how he'll be returning for Terminator and why his appearance will make sense

http://collider.com/terminator-genesis-story-details-arnold-schwarzenegger/

The theory actually sounds logical. Apparently he will be a Terminator who was sent 'too far back' because time travel isn't perfect, and has been hibernating until the time is right. This also ties in with the rumors that this new movie will revisit events from the 1984 movie. It sounds pretty cool I think. I mean, Arnold said it himself in T2: 'living tissue over metal endoskeleton'
    No pics, but I read an article by someone who said they saw Arnold on set and that he had 'dots on his face' (for CGI to be added perhaps?) and that the set looked very 70's @-)

Very curious indeed. But this does tie into the theory that a Terminator gets sent back too far and has to hide somewhere until the correct time. Those CGI dots could be for making Arnold look younger.

Or then again it could be for battle damage, who knows
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Too early to connect the dots.