Here is my beginning of the list:

- play with a pen like Boris Grishenko in GE
- learn to play with poker chips like LeChiffre
- drink a Vodka Martini - shaken, not stirred
- use Bond quotes in everyday life
- wear a suit
- travel to at least one Bond place

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Emerge from water in tight little blue swim trunks and very best duck on head.
  • Watch Bond movies! ;)
    Shag every woman you meet....
    Learn to be good with a pistol...
  • Do something overly destructive just to get a tiny bit closer to your objective.
    Example:
    Long queue at the bar?
    No problem, simply fashion a grapple hook out of your female companion's jazzy clothing and earrings, loop it from afar around the top shelf of spirits behind the bar, and pull the glass bottles and alcohol down on all and sundry. Calmly walk over the assorted injured persons and order half a pint of shandy. Braaaang.
  • Learn to play poker and baccarat
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Find the worst camera you can find, parasail off an iceberg and speed drive through the Italian mountains.
    Enjoy driving.
    Raise an eyebrow once in awhile.
    Do your best to be hygienic and sharp - i.e. dress nice, keep trimmed, smell good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I actually taught myself how to finger-pass (I think that's what it's called) a pen like Boris Grishenko does. I do it every time I pick one up. I also emerge from the ocean water just like Craig does in CR, sans a ripped, muscular body and short blue shorts.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,189
    I think that more important than pen-play would be the ability to cheat at cards. That is an in-depth understanding of card control so as to be able to get an edge at cards if necessary, as well as an extensive knowledge of card statistics and strategies. I guess I'm saying be good at cards, all sorts of games from Bridge, to Gin, to Baccarat...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Alongside enjoying driving, make sure you're comfortable with it and properly know how to drive. Don't be nervous about it (like me) because you don't own a car and you rarely get to go out and drive.

And yes, a very nice sense of style does wonders.
    Well, as far as driving goes, a Bondian should not only revel in the joys of driving both recreationally and as a sport, but should also own a nice car with sporting/luxurious credentials...
    Oh, and a Bondian should be able to drink hard liquor like nobodies business, like 3 rounds of martini's at dinner with glasses of champaign to follow on a slow night...
  • Bondian should carry an Algerian love knot everywhere.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    barryt007 wrote:
    Shag every woman you meet....
    For me, shag every Bond I meet ... B-)

Oh, and Palkopalko, I love your suggestion. Would use my own dress and earrings, of course.

Also:

Practice until very good with a cross bow as well as a Walther PPK

Drive like you own the road and the entire interstate, and know everyone will get out of your way. Especially enjoy tight turns on mountains and scaring cyclists.

Drink what you want, when you want it, and of course can hold your liquor better than anybody else in the room. Happy with a mojito, some champagne, a Heineken, a vodka martini, a regular martini, and of course a Vesper. Or a Perrier. Being Bondian also means being in control of yourself. Always.

Definitely able to cheat at any major card game. With no tell.

Able to wear a tux like you were born to wear one. (OK, I have to opt out of that one.)

Enjoy brushing up on a little Danish (OK, I have to go find a Danish guy now; I can't think of anybody ...). Be back later ...

For me, shag every Bond I meet ... B-)

"You wait your turn!" :D
  • :D
    You know I always get to the head of any line, Willy.
    Waiting on a stake out or calling someone's bluff at cards, I am the soul of patience. Other things, such as mentioned above, not so much. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm a Daltonite, so:

- I see a kid with balloons in an amusement park, I grab the Walther and hold the little bugger at gunpoint. (Damn right!)
    - I see a lovely girl with a mobile phone, I take the phone, say "she'll call you back" and expect to be invited for a little she-and-me on her boat.
    - When mom's shopping list is questionable, I replace all the brands with vastly more expensive ones and order them from Harrods.
    - I shoot milkmen dead. They won't fool me twice!
    - If anyone asks "smoking or non-smoking" I run away like mad.
    - I only commit murder "with compliments of Sharky."
    - It's wise to keep me away from trucks.
    Casually toss my keys, my phone, my laptop- oh crap.
    Don't give damn what other people do or think.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Own an Omega or Rolex watch

Own a dinner suit

Have hair on your head preferably with a side part (on the LEFT side!)

doubleoego wrote:
    Own an Omega or Rolex watch

Own a dinner suit

Have hair on your head preferably with a side part (on the LEFT side!)

The average footballer has all that including more sense than brains. ;)

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Write blog articles on obscure areas of Bondology...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Play The James Bond Theme on full blast while doing Bondian things. (cooking, vacuum cleaning, flossing, anything)
    Play The James Bond Theme on full blast while doing Bondian things. (cooking, vacuum cleaning, flossing, anything)

Like while:
    ... watching birds or reading about them (oh, all kinds of birds) ...
    ... cleaning your gun ...
    ... cooking scrambled eggs just so ...
    ... pouring that second perfect glass of champagne ...
    ... while working out ...
    ... shooting the annoying neighbors' tires ...
    ... studying the latest hard-to-detect toxins ...
    ... and of course while in the shower.

Remember to take the JB theme with you on holiday and blast it while checking your hotel room for bugs.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    QBranch wrote:
    Remember to take the JB theme with you on holiday and blast it while checking your hotel room for bugs.

And when checking in, make sure you ask for the bridal suite as the bed in your room is too small.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Exactly- and check the wardrobe for women's clothes. If there are, raise an eyebrow as you smell them.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Listen FRWL soundtrack while travelling on a train... through Russia!

(I've done this!!) :D