The Great Bond Actor Elements Game

edited April 2014 in Trivia & Games Posts: 2,189
Ok, so I have been enjoying the The Great Bond Film, and Great Bond Villain elimination games, and have worked up a game of my own. It involves the 6 Bond actors and will attempt to categorize each of them as the best of 6 different traits. Here's how it works, each Actor has 50 points for each element at the start, and the first to reach 300 points in a certain element wins that element. In the list you must add one point to each element and subtract one point from each element which should make this a zero sum game in the end where each actor has only 300 points in one element. It's complicated and it may not work but I'd like to give it a try so here goes nothing.

Here is the beginning rankings for the game where everyone is even:

Sean Connery
Handsome: 50
Tough: 50
Classy: 50
Smart: 50
Sexy: 50
Cool: 50

George Lazenby

Roger Moore

Timothy Dalton

Pierce Brosnan

Daniel Craig

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 2,189
    and here's my first vote:

Sean Connery
    Tough: 51 +
    Smart: 49 -

George Lazenby
    Handsome: 51 +
    Cool: 49 -

Roger Moore
    Tough: 49 -
    Classy: 51 +

Timothy Dalton
    Smart: 51 +
    Sexy: 49 -

Pierce Brosnan
    Classy: 49 -
    Cool: 51 +

Daniel Craig
    Handsome: 49 -
    Sexy: 51 +
    I welcome input on this as well. Do the rules make sense? Do people approve of the 6 elements I picked? Please share your thoughts...
    Sean Connery
    Tough: 51
    Smart: 48 -

George Lazenby
    Handsome: 51
    Cool: 49

Roger Moore
    Tough: 48 -
    Classy: 52 +

Timothy Dalton
    Smart: 51
    Sexy: 48 -

Pierce Brosnan
    Classy: 48 -
    Cool: 52 +

Daniel Craig
    Handsome: 49
    Sexy: 51
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I appreciate your ambition, but I think it'd be best to wait and start this up after the other two games have ended. I think there should be a maximum of two games going on at once, since all this voting for all these games all at once could get maddening when they're being created left and right.
    On top of @0Brady's thoughts, which I agree with, starting each category at 50 is way too high. The game would take a year to complete.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I welcome input on this as well. Do the rules make sense? Do people approve of the 6 elements I picked? Please share your thoughts...

I would've picked something else other than smart personally. If you mean smart like "ooh, he looks smart", then classy is pretty much the same thing. If you mean smart as in clever, none of them seem particularly dumb, so it's hard.
    Sean Connery
    Tough: 51
    Smart: 48 -

George Lazenby

Roger Moore
    Tough: 48 -
    Classy: 52 +

Timothy Dalton
    Sexy: 48 -

Pierce Brosnan
    Classy: 48 -
    Cool: 52 +

Daniel Craig

I'm glad you want to play but perhaps I was unclear about the rules. You may only add to one element per turn, and you may only subtract from one element per turn. You addded to Cool twice and subtracted from Smart twice, which you cannot do...

I would've picked something else other than smart personally. If you mean smart like "ooh, he looks smart", then classy is pretty much the same thing. If you mean smart as in clever, none of them seem particularly dumb, so it's hard.

I do me clever by Smart, and the idea was to figure out who was the Smartest, the Sexiest, The Handsomest, The Coolest, The Classiest, and the Toughest of each
    On top of @0Brady's thoughts, which I agree with, starting each category at 50 is way too high. The game would take a year to complete.

If everyone seems to vote the same way then it could go fast, but if the game doesn't pick up I'll just subtract a blanket amount to keep it competitive and relevant.
    As of now we stand here:

Sean Connery

George Lazenby
    Handsome: 51 +
    Cool: 49 -

Roger Moore
    Tough: 49 -
    Classy: 51 +

Timothy Dalton
    Smart: 51 +
    Sexy: 49 -

Pierce Brosnan

Daniel Craig
    Handsome: 49 -
    Sexy: 51 +
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited April 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Didn't somebody already start a similar Bond actor thread, that is waiting to be unlocked when the villain and film games have finished?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Didn't somebody already start a similar Bond actor thread, that is waiting to be unlocked when the villain and film games have finished?

Yes, but I can't recall who...

These are important guidelines for creating games on the MI6C written by @DarthDimi:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8997/so-you-want-to-start-a-new-elimination-game#Item_12

If I were you, @sirseanisbond, I'd suggest the game over in that thread and have it held on ice for the time being, as are the rules of the forum.

Yes, but I can't recall who...

These are important guidelines for creating games on the MI6C written by @DarthDimi:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8997/so-you-want-to-start-a-new-elimination-game#Item_12

If I were you, @sirseanisbond, I'd suggest the game over in that thread and have it held on ice for the time being, as are the rules of the forum.

Ok, I'll hold off till one of the other games finishes, but in the mean time I'd just like to crowd-source some ideas about this game and see if I have something worth playing here. What do people think about the elements? Are they good or should they be changed? And would people be willing to play this?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There is a thread...
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8997/so-you-want-to-start-a-new-elimination-game#Item_12 ...to make suggestions for elimination games in.
    Please make your suggestion in the linked thread, and await for other elimination games to finish first.
    This can be put on ice for now.
    Now that the Great Film Elimination game is over, I'd like to test out my new game here. What do people think?
    These games are starting to pop up all over the place now....there should be no more than 3,preferably 2, going at the same time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'd go as far to say, one is enough.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I voted for the hell of it. I realize the game is on hold.
    Basically I'm up-voting the two great Bonds (Conners and Laz) in the tough category and downvoting them in the most frivolous category, sexy, which is where I up-voted Rog and Broz.
    Dalts I'm also upvoting in Sexy, but downvoting in cool as opposed to tough, like the previous two. Craig gets tough vote but downvote in cool.

tuesday
    Sean Connery
    Tough: 52 +1
    Smart: 49
    Sexy: 49-1

George Lazenby
    Tough: 51 +1

Roger Moore
    Tough: 48-1
    Classy: 51
    Sexy: 51+1

Timothy Dalton
    Sexy: 50+1
    Cool: 49-1

Pierce Brosnan
    Tough: 49-1
    Classy: 49
    Sexy: 49 +1
    Cool: 51

Daniel Craig

The problem I see with this game is plenty of mistakes, which means players are going to have to be diligent about checking scores and then doublechecking their own entries.
    Also, because it takes some time to actually vote (12 ticks in all) anyone voting I think should indicate in a post that they are in the process of doing so, so that the next person waits for the green light. Might even have a cue of persons waiting some times. That's OK as long as everyone waits. Another option, to avoid calculation mistakes, is to go with two Bonds at a time, although then we wouldn't know which Bond won their category first.
    Might be ok as it is.
    timmer wrote: »
    I voted for the hell of it. I realize the game is on hold.
    Basically I'm up-voting the two great Bonds (Conners and Laz) in the tough category and downvoting them in the most frivolous category, sexy, which is where I up-voted Rog and Broz.
    Dalts I'm also upvoting in Sexy, but downvoting in cool as opposed to tough, like the previous two. Craig gets tough vote but downvote in cool.

tuesday
    Sean Connery

George Lazenby

Roger Moore
    Tough: 48-1
    Classy: 51
    Sexy: 51+1

Timothy Dalton
    Sexy: 50+1

Pierce Brosnan
    Tough: 49-1
    Classy: 49
    Sexy: 49 +1
    Cool: 51

Daniel Craig

The problem I see with this game is plenty of mistakes, which means players are going to have to be diligent about checking scores and then doublechecking their own entries.
    Also, because it takes some time to actually vote (12 ticks in all) anyone voting I think should indicate in a post that they are in the process of doing so, so that the next person waits for the green light. Might even have a cue of persons waiting some times. That's OK as long as everyone waits. Another option, to avoid calculation mistakes, is to go with two Bonds at a time, although then we wouldn't know which Bond won their category first.
    Might be ok as it is.

I appreciate the interest in the game and I understand that there may be a lot of confusion. In fact, your vote is not exactly correct either. The way it works is two fold:

1) You must add one point and subtract one point from each Actor in two different Elements

However...

2) You must Also only add one point and subtract one point from each Element across all the actors.

This is to say that you can only give one (+1) to each element across the board, and likewise one (-1) for each of the 6 "Elements". This also means that for each of the 6 Actors, you'll only be able to vote one (+1) and one (-1).

So @timmer, you gave two (+1) votes to the "Toughness" Element in two different actors, and that's not allowed. The way the rules have to work, you'd have to pick one actor to give a (+1) vote to for toughness, and another actor to give a (-1) vote, and then you's be done with Toughness for this round of voting. You would then do the same thing for each element, so that in the end, each actor has one (+1) and one (-1) total across the 6 Elements, and likewise each element would have one (+1) and one (-1) across all the Actors.

This game is not your average run-of-the-mill Elimination game, but it has the potential to be quite good fun...
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Ahhhh I see said the blind man.....ok I understandnow how to play.
    I will revote from your original post.

Sean Connery
    Sexy: 49 -1

George Lazenby
    Classy: 51 +1