What is your favourite/least favourite Pre-Title-Sequence?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Least Goodest
    AVTAK
    LTK
    YOLT
    LALD
    TMWTGG
    DAF

Good
    MR
    DAD
    OP
    TB
    FRWL
    OHMSS
    QOS

Gooder
    TLD
    FYEO
    GE
    TWINE
    CR

Bestest
    TSWLM
    GF
    TND
    SF

Undecided
    DN
    NSNA
    22.LALD
    21.DAF
    20.FRWL
    19.YOLT
    18.AVTAK
    17.TMWTGG
    16.OHMSS
    15.TB
    14.DAD
    13.FYEO
    12.MR
    11.LTK
    10.SF
    9.OP
    8.TLD
    7.GF
    6.CR
    5.QOS
    4.TND
    3.TWINE
    2.TSWLM
    1.GE
    I'm very surprised to see that TLD's PTS isn't atop anyone's list (unless I've overlooked something).

Damn that one is killer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'm very surprised to see that TLD's PTS isn't atop anyone's list (unless I've overlooked something).

Damn that one is killer.

Indeed one of the best.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited April 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I watched FYEO today and my opinion has changed on its PTS. It's granted that Blofeld deserved better, and the delicatessen line is a bit peculiar, but some of the stunt work is spectacular and there's no denying that the tribute to Tracy is touching. Oh, and the music that booms out when Bond takes control of the helicopter again is very good, too.
    I watched FYEO today and my opinion has changed on its PTS. It's granted that Blofeld deserved better, and the delicatessen line is a bit peculiar, but some of the stunt work is spectacular and there's no denying that the tribute to Tracy is touching. Oh, and the music that booms out when Bond takes control of the helicopter again is very good, too.

Just drop the stupid Cubby written mafia remark, and it is no doubt one of the very best. Amazing helicopter stunt, filmed for real. No CGI or cheating.
    Best: TWINE.

Worst: QOS.
    I changed my mind.
    Best:QOS
    Worst:TWINE
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Best: TSWLM (naturally)

Sets up both plot and a key sub plot and ends with the most death defying stunt in cinematic history (and capped off with a great gag).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I changed my mind.
    Best:QOS
    Worst:TWINE
    Best: Goldball
    Worst: Thunderfinger
    Probably right.
    I'm suprised that OP's pts doesn't get much love, it's a beautfully crafted little movie, finished with a funny one liner.

anyway for me - TSWLM, MR, FYEO, OP, AVTAK, TLD and LTK was a great run of PTS scenes with great stunts and action.
    I'm suprised that OP's pts doesn't get much love, it's a beautfully crafted little movie, finished with a funny one liner.

anyway for me - TSWLM, MR, FYEO, OP, AVTAK, TLD and LTK was a great run of PTS scenes with great stunts and action.

It was a toss of the coin between TSWLM and OP tbh,but the parachute jump at the end just swung it.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Oh, this is so easy it's just not funny.

Far and away the best PTS' of the series, in no particular order:

- TLD
    - OP
    - TND
    - TSWLM
    - MR
    - FYEO

The pits:

- DAF
    - TMWTGG
    MY least favorite are
    TMWTGG and DAF
    What is it about DAF PTS that sets me off? I can't put my finger on it, I just want to take it out and beat it with a tire iron.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Favourite ones (in no particular order):
    SF
    GE
    CR
    OHMSS
    TSWLM
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,252
    Here's a tentative list while I chew things over. Arranged in tiers

Flawless
    TLD - So dangerous, so exciting, so Bond
    OHMSS - Proof of Barry's genius and Lazenbys fighting skills
    TWINE - Arnolds score puts me in a Bond mood, and the tie adjust was really cool to me as a child, and pretty cool now. If only the rest of the film was like this

Greatly Amazing
    TSWLM
    CR
    TB
    GE
    LTK
    QOS
    SF
    DAD

Amazing
    FRWL
    MR
    OP
    AVTAK

Ok (these are in order)
    TND
    GF
    TMWTGG
    YOLT
    DAF
    LALD
    FYEO

Unranked
    DN
    THe QoS sequence is one of the best in the series.

OP is great until he pulls up to the gas station.

(groan)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Best- TLD.
    Worst- LALD.
    I would say that my favourite is THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, and my least favourite is DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.
    My big issue with TWINE is that he falls on his right shoulder, but his left shoulder is injured for the rest of the picture.
    My big issue with TWINE is that he falls on his right shoulder, but his left shoulder is injured for the rest of the picture.

Regardless, that's nothing more than a continuity error later in the film that does not detract from the awesomeness of the boat chase.
    It's a major continuity error. We'll have to agree to disagree about the boat chase. There's absolutely no tension, intensity or drama during that entire chase, which borders on silliness at times.
    The Bilbao stuff is much better done, though I'd have put a camera sliding down with Bond as he rappels down the building.
    All my own opinion, of course.
    It's a major continuity error..

I wouldn't go that far. It's no worse than the reflection of the goon in Bond's eye in the PTS of Goldfinger, which should have been reversed.
    I agree with both of those, and without checking you might be able to make that note with the reflection of the attacker on the boat in GE, but honestly the TWINE error runs throughout the entire film, not just one sequence.

edited November 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I agree with both of those, and without checking you might be able to make that note with the reflection of the attacker on the boat in GE, but honestly the TWINE error runs throughout the entire film, not just one sequence.

It does, but it does not detract from my viewing pleasure.

And again, it doesn't affect the PTS whatsoever.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,687
    It's a major continuity error..

I wouldn't go that far. It's no worse than the reflection of the goon in Bond's eye in the PTS of Goldfinger, which should have been reversed.
    Ummm, you're assuming it was the landing that hurt his shoulder, and sometimes injuries happen in stranger ways than an impact you brace for- check out how Bond hits that final wire, it looks to me like it jamms up his left arm before he secures himself with his right. That could have been it, so IMO not a continuity error so much as the film makers not making it clear precisely where his left shoulder gets the injury (plus: look how he's holding on with his right hand whilst his left arm seems to be the one in pain).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes he does hold on with his right arm, so it must be uninjured. :)
    DrGorner wrote: »

Which makes no sense since he fell at least 20 feet.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Which makes no sense since he fell at least 20 feet.
    I jumped out of a second story window with only the hard ground to land on (Twice, they didn't get it the first time) and I had no problems. And Bond is tougher than I am...
    :))