Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It looks like we won't have a new console based game soon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    you didn't like BloodStone?

It had good driving missions, but the on foot missions brought the game down. Bizarre Creations should have developed their own 007 Racing. With the Bond licence, and their pedigree at racing, it would have been a winner.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote:

It had good driving missions, but the on foot missions brought the game down. Bizarre Creations should have developed their own 007 Racing. With the Bond licence, and their pedigree at racing, it would have been a winner.

And it had Daniel Craig's Bond in it.
    There were StarTrek mobile and console games at the same time, so there is hope, right? :(

Free-to-play mobile games are just the worst. No thank you.
    Risico007 wrote:

What is wrong with Daniel Craig's Bond I love his bond
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

What is wrong with Daniel Craig's Bond I love his bond

So do I; quite passionately, in fact. Major however, doesn't.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 170
    Quite disappointed we don't have a full-fledged game out now, but I'm sure they don't wanna have another "007 Legends" quality game on their hands.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, apparently, Glu also made a RoboCop game based on the recent remake. According to IGN, it wasn't received very positively. I guess that's to be expected when your source material is sh*t, so hopefully, they do better with a Bond game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great, Bond games have now gone mainstream. Ugh. 8-|
    It's quite depressing. We were all speculating about who would take the licence and when we would get a new Bond game and we end up with this. A bloody phone app!

EON and MGM continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:

And there was that, yes.
    It is interesting that whilst the Bros era is my least favourite, it did produce my fav Bond game - EON.

Go figure.
    Mine is Goldeneye wii/Reloaded great story and Daniel Craig as Bond
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Blood Stone all over for me. Great driving levels that didn't fall back on the cars' gadgets to make them fun, Daniel Craig's badassery all over the game, and a good (if confusing as all hell) story.
    is it possible due to Glu buying Gamespy (a multiplayer service company for the Wii system) that they MIGHT do a console game fro bond and that 007 will be their first console game?
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I think the only three Bond games that are actually good are Nightfire, Everything Or Nothing and Goldeneye. The rest range from decent to terrible imo.

Nightfire is by far the best imo. The story is OTT but I thought it was good, Drake's evil plan was really clever, one of the best Bond villain plans, and there were tons of memorable colourful characters and some interesting twists. The set pieces were great and the levels gave you tons of freedom. You had tons of weapons and gadgets to play with, some great driving missions, lots of variety, etc. The multiplayer was fantastic too, even better than Goldeneye n64's. None of this online bollocks where you play as a generic goon, you play your mates and have tons of characters to choose from. The only flaw is that Brosnan, Dench and Cleese didn't do the voices and that's hardly the games fault. It's also aged really well, I still play it from time to time. I felt more like Bond in the castle level than in all the Activision Bond games combined.

I also liked Everything Or Nothing, which had some brilliant set pieces and it's clear that a lot of effort went into it. The graphics are good and I also think it had the best Bond girl of the Bond games and the best villain of the Bond games. Plus Jaws is in it! But the story is crap, it's way too sci fi, it's even more OTT than DAD and it feels like it's just an excuse to get you from one set piece to the next. And it didn't have any multiplayer.

Goldeneye n64 was great at the time but it feels outdated now, the singeplayer and multiplayer were both improved on by Nightfire. Plus I prefer it when the games have original stories. Still, while it's outdated now, it was amazing at the time and it's much better than the majority of Bond games imo.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/06/08/e3-preview-the-biggest-games-and-hottest-topics/

Entertainment weekly wants a new bond game... here is hoping SOMETHING is unveiled this week
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't think a Bond game has to be solely SP to be good. Look at QoS: it had a thrilling SP and a MP that I put countless, countless hours into, it was so much fun. You should tackle all three bases, adding in something the N64 games had: combat training, of sorts. You should make a proper SP, a MP that is simplistic, addictive, and fun, and then add a combat training for those who don't want to play online: pick your map, who you play, who the enemies are, etc., and you just get to battle AI bots in whatever game mode you'd like. I never got tired of doing that with TWINE on the N64.
  • Keeping my fingers crossed that something will be announced.
    E3 is upon us.
    I am hoping
    And... nothing. %$&^*#
  • I wasn't expecting anything yet, other than maybe saying who has the license now. I don't think they've made a decision on licensing yet. We won't see a game to go with Bond 24, I'm thinking earliest would be 2016 now.
    at least we have Glu mobile :D maybe they will release the game on Xbox live as well..
  • Screw that crap, I'll stick with the old games
    Trust me as I replay Bloodstone I am thinking man why couldn't we have more bond games like this.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Trust me as I replay Bloodstone I am thinking man why couldn't we have more bond games like this.

Haven't played it yet, I've bought it though and it's on my long list of games that I have that I need to play. lol

Play it, it's the ultimate Bond game.
    Bloodstone is very good, and I wish there was a series of Bond titles like it, especially because of that damn cliffhanger.

But is anyone really surprised that no Bond announcement has been made? We'll be lucky if we get to see one or two more games with Craig as Bond.