SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 4,400
    Ejiofer is a great actor. He played a great villain in 'Children of Men' and over the last few years has become a big name in British cinema so I'm really glad he's breaking out into the mainstream. He's an exciting choice, well played Mr. Mendes (he would also be the first main black villain since Yaphet Kotto as well). Could Ejiofer be playing Blofeld?

01_variety_ejiofor_0137-1_cmjn.jpg?w=499

UPDATE: New details from 'The Wrap' concerning casting for Bond 24

http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejiofor-eyed-play-villain-next-james-bond-movie-exclusive/

The filmmakers will soon begin casting two key female roles, including a new Bond girl and a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond.

Furthermore 'Bleeding News' have found a report that reveals that actresses Ida Engvoll And Disa Östrand Have Screen Tested For The Next James Bond Movie

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/ida-engvoll-and-disa-ostrand-have-screen-tested-for-the-next-james-bond-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ida_Engvoll.jpg

197b7525597b49bce1f7e3ec7a5bbc12.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Good find @pierce2daniel
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,416
    If Chiwetel Ejiofor going to be in Bond 24, i hope it will be for the water story/death-devil element.

Both actresses be very intresting chooses and not inspecialy for the leed.

306695.700x0.jpg
    Disa Östrand
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I bet the Scandinavian girl will be a tragic character that ends up dying at the hands of the baddy, ala Severine and Solange. "Brief" love interest, troubled past, etc. I can't see her making it to the end of the film.

The British girl will probably be the main one who Bond ends up with at the end.
    I agree with Quantum being involved in the film. That is just good story telling. They need to like "24" with Skyfall. That's no easy feat.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @thelivingroyale, yep sounds like so.

Wow, Disa Östrand. Loved her in the Swedish film "Känn ingen sorg".
    Quantum should be a bit like Hydra.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Each to thier own but I wish everyone would stop wanting quantum back.
    This. Is. So. Exciting. I hope Scandinavia offers up some locations, too.
    DCisared wrote:
    Each to thier own but I wish everyone would stop wanting quantum back.

Why?
    Getafix wrote:
    Interesting. Personally, I'd like to see an older actor play the villain for once - like in the old days. But this could be good.

Funny, I thought I was the only one wishing this.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 14,800
    Ejiofer is a great actor. He played a great villain in 'Children of Men' and over the last few years has become a big name in British cinema so I'm really glad he's breaking out into the mainstream. He's an exciting choice, well played Mr. Mendes (he would also be the first main black villain since Yaphet Kotto as well). Could Ejiofer be playing Blofeld?

I don't think he'd play Blofeld. Too young and Blofeld is not black. yes, now you can have a Black man being born from all around the world, but with a family like Blofeld, you'd expect him to be white. Beside, Blofeld's background has been extensively developed in Fleming, far more than any other villain, and why not use it? Should they decide to use Blofeld again of course.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    From the same article:

"Casting has been heating up with the studio also on the lookout for one Scandinavian and one British woman to play the new Bond girls."

Will Bond finally visit a Scandinavian country?

I am betting on it. Apart from Norwegian Julie Ege who played "Scandinavian girl" in OHMSS, they have never specifically sought out Scandinavian girls before. Maybe Craig wants to go back to Stockholm?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2014 Posts: 2,044
    Ida Engvoll has commented in swedish media about the screentest she did:

"I can't say anything about it. Everything around that franchise is so secretive. But this screentest went fine considering the circumstances. You've only got one take to do it and thus the situation becomes special"

And i keep my hopes up for Chiwatel, his perfomance in especially 12 Years A Slave was amazing. He got that raw power that few actors posess today!
    I'd love Scandinavian Bond girls. And these two actresses fit the bill of previous classic and Craig era Bond girls: they are unknown.
    Wow this is crazy
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,347
    000008840.jpg0qhg3lxa3a0jg234vu0k.png

disa-puff.jpge6a9cb287076a810c2693dbe3223ee77.jpg

I've seen both of them act in Swedish productions. Both quite young (28). But I'd happily see either one of them in it :-O

Any rumored names for the British lead woman?
    Maybe Bond will be heading to one of the Nordic countries in Bond 24? A few years ago Scandinavian fiction was very popular what with Stieg Larsson, Wallander, etc. making big impacts.

My guess is that the big casting news is yet to come. SF noticeably lacked a traditional 'Bond girl' so I can only imagine that Bond 24 will have a juicy role for Bond's love interest. I believe that Mendes will want to cast a name actress in the part as it's likely the role will be the second-lead.

So what prominent British actresses are there to take the possibly part?

The obvious one I think would be Rachel Weisz. I've been desperate to see her in a Bond film for a while now and think she suits the profile perfectly.

RACHEL-WEISZ-in-Esquire-Magazine-April-2013-Issue-4.jpg

Maybe Keira Knightley? But she may be too young to star opposite Craig.

Celeber-ru-Keira-Knightley-Chanel-Coco-Mademoiselle-AD-Photoshoot-2014-02.jpg
    The obvious one I think would be Rachel Weisz. I've been desperate to see her in a Bond film for a while now and think she suits the profile perfectly.

RACHEL-WEISZ-in-Esquire-Magazine-April-2013-Issue-4.jpg
    Mr. and Mrs. Craig as Mr. and Ms. Bond, that'd be something :P
    Wow the film is coming together nicely
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    As much as I would love to see Rachel Weisz (one of my favourite actresses) in a Bond film I must admit the chances of that happening during the Craig era are pretty thin. Doing a play together was one thing, doing a major film is something else entirely.
    Risico007 wrote:

Quite a statement given that neither the villain nor the girl has even been cast.

Risico007 wrote:

Quite a statement given that neither the villain nor the girl has even been cast.

True. So far they are only rumors. They do fit the bill though and casting Chiwetel Ejiofor would be the same approach as casting Javier Bardem. But it is too close to call.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Like some have said, I prefer an older villain too.

Anyway, I recommend you Ejiofor's great miniseries The Shadow Line. Brilliant!
    I really hope Chiwetel Ejiofor gets the job. Fantastic actor.
    Loving all this new info and rumour!!! Just commented on the other thread about the main villain being Ejiofor! Idris Elba for henchman!!!

Both ladies are stunning and would look good in a Bond movie, but alas I do not know a great deal about them?
    We are getting actual news ?

EXCITED !
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Both girls shown are lovely. This is for a very short role, but I hope she has a bit more screen time (and at least a tiny bit of dialog) than the nice Greek actress in Skyfall. That was a bit too short a time, for me.

Scandinavia = snow!!!! In my mind, that is what I see. I do want snow scenes in Bond 24; hopefully more than just a tiny bit, too.

Main British Bond girl ... I will have to give it thought. Would be nice to have a blonde, it's been a very long time (Kara) - but more importantly, of course, a good actress.

Excitement is building again ... yay! Real news coming, real news coming ...

And by the way, I'd love Kate Winslet or Rachel Weisz, but I don't see that happening due to their personal connections to Mendes and Craig.
    When it comes to gravitas age isn't a required factor. Chi was in his late 20s when he did Serenity and given his presence he came off giving the impression of being significantly much older. In terms of presence and physicality, Chi more than fits the bill to go toe to toe with Craig. Him being younger, for me, in no way presents being an issue.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 4,619
    This is for a very short role, but I hope she has a bit more screen time (and at least a tiny bit of dialog) than the nice Greek actress in Skyfall. That was a bit too short a time, for me.

I think this character will be like Solange in CR, Fields in QOS and Severine in Skyfall. So not a leading role but nowhere near as small as the cameo by the greek actress.