Chiwetel Ejiofor tops EON's list for new Bond villain!

edited April 2014 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 1,693
What do you think of EON's upscale choices for villains? Very reminiscent of William Marhsall who played the villain in the "Man fro U.N.C.L.E." pilot.

Comments

Your source?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Could be good is my first thought. :)
    A new version of Mr Big perhaps?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, certainly. Buonoparte Ignace Gallia right there.
    Meh, he's a good actor, but I'm not that excited about this news. He can be a good villain if the script is good. With Bardem I knew he would be good villain no matter what, he just has that larger-than-life presence.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The script being up to scratch is the fundamental priority for any movie but we'll see what happens with Chiwetel.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    doubleoego wrote:
    The script being up to scratch is the fundamental priority for any movie but we'll see what happens with Chiwetel.

I have faith that they will be able to deliver the goods again.
    As do I. I'm optimistic about Logan as the new scriptwriter. I just hope we get something deep but exciting and thrilling. I was watching CR the other day and the film is just brilliant. It doesn't big itself down with inconspicuous themes and try too hard to be profound. It just gets on with being a great film and it succeeds. It's still the best Bond film in over 40 years and I hope Bond 24 takes more cues from it than it may SF.
    Great news if it's true. He's a brilliant actor.
    LeChiffre wrote:

Why is it that every time a black actor is suggested for a villain role, somebody mentions Mr Big? No, he won't be a new version of Mr Big. If he is in the film he'll be a new villain.
    LeChiffre wrote:

Why is it that every time a black actor is suggested for a villain role, somebody mentions Mr Big? No, he won't be a new version of Mr Big. If he is in the film he'll be a new villain.

For all we know he could be.....................................................Blofeld.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, I thought exactly the same thing at first, thelivingroyale.

I am waiting for some hint, any hint, from a credible source that Quantum is back. I think May will bring more real news. I sure hope so.
    He would make a good villain. He is physically imposing and could be a real challenge to Bond. Maybe we will get to see him and Bond fight the climatic fist battle similiar to FRWL fight on the train.

Mr. BIG? Oh hell no. Two characters I never want to see resurrected are Mr. BIG and Blofeld. Pleeaaaaase!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This would be quite the catch, if so. I'd love for him to play the villain.

Also, EON want one Scandinavian and one British woman to play Bond girls.

At last, our first real piece of news!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I would like to see him as the main villain.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Does the new information regarding the Scandinavian, mean the Brit will likely be the main Bond girl?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Wow, that's exciting news. I hope they are able to work out a deal. I think that he would do a great job.
    No, he won't be a new version of Mr Big. If he is in the film he'll be a new villain.
    Agreed. If they would actually reboot a villain I'm sure they would go with Blofeld long before Mr. Big. Not that I want them to reboot Blofeld but that's a different story altogether.
    Physically Chi could present an interesting fight dynamic with Craig. He was awesome in Serenity. Acting wise, I'm not even concerned because he's bloody brilliant and will knock it out of the park. EoN make this happen! The talent Bond is attracting these days is just phenomenal.. Really excited about this.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Ejiofor would be great! I haven't seen him in any villainous role, but I'm sure he'd pull it off.

Scandinavian Bond girl? I approve \:D/
    I've read his name more than a couple of times. The thing I watch for is what the writer & director say or don't say. Both are not shooting it down right now.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Yes, certainly. Buonoparte Ignace Gallia right there.

I don't see him as Gallia at all. His face looks far too friendly and he is a bit young as well. If they have Gallia, have idris Elba play him.
    LeChiffre wrote:

Because in the movie LALD, Big was called Kananga, so they could reuse the name. I don't know this actor's work, but so far I am skeptical.
    If you haven't seen his work, where do you draw
    doubleoego wrote:
    If you haven't seen his work, where do you draw

His age. His rather pleasant face, although good makeup could change that.
  • I think it's a good choice. Obviously he can be very powerful presence on screen with 12 Years a Slave
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,418
    Big fan here, hope it's true. Ejiofor first came to my attention in Serenity. He can play a villain I am sure.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote:

Agree with @thelivingroyale. It is like bald actors always being proposed as the new Blofeld.
    delfloria wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

For all we know he could be.....................................................Blofeld.

A big NOfeld.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 172
    Interesting choice. I would still like it if Gareth Marks or Clive Russell were given a chance to play a Bond villain.

Also Ray Stevenson, Dominic West and Ian McDiarmid contenders too.

clive-russell.jpg?d=600
    delfloria wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

A big NOfeld.

I'll second that. And I could ask the same question as thelivingroyale: why is it that every time an actor, any actor, is either rumoured or suggested as a Bond villain, people assume he should or will play Blofeld? I was happy when Javier Bardem was cast, but never thought in a million he would or should play Blofeld. Same here. I could maybe see Ejiofor in a Bond movie as a villain, although I do think he looks a bit too much like a nice guy but Blofeld? Come on!
    Bradford4 wrote:
    This thread should be closed and integrated into the Bond 24 production megathread. End of story.

I think because of the importance of this particular casting, it should remain intact. Especially if it is confirmed.