SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited April 2014 Posts: 3,797
    Getafix wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    There are spectacular mountain ranges all over the world. Not just in the US. Personally I'd like Bond to watch for clues and follow leads in the Himalayas.

I can see a India-Chinese border dispute in the Himalayas being exploited by an evil genius bent on world domination....

Exactly! The Himalayas have never been used as a Bond location before, and the posibilities there are practically endless. Political tension, exotic cultures/cities, and you can have any type of action scene you'd like. If the producers want to return to a more classic, OTT villain scenario (with or without Bolfeld/Quantum) there's several remote valleys and locations there for the bad guys to hide their business.

I've appreciated the locations throughout the Craig era so far, but I do think it's time for something even more exotic this time around. Himalaya fits the bill perfectly IMO.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 10,376
    Nepal any one? Or Sri Lanka...

I'd love to see Bond stalking/being stalked by a villain through the ruins of some ancient city or some big crowd location work in an actual Asian metropolis. One of those classic scenes where Bond gets lost in the whirl of some local festivities, while the henchman search frantically for him amongst the oblivious party-goers. You know the kind of thing...
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,384
    Chiwetel Ejiofor Eyed to Play Villain in Next James Bond Movie

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/chiwetel-ejiofor-james-bond-1201139769/
    Interesting. Personally, I'd like to see an older actor play the villain for once - like in the old days. But this could be good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Goonbase Alpha
    edited April 2014 Posts: 31,810
    Not against it if true. We shall see, but interesting rumour it is.
    From the same article:

"Casting has been heating up with the studio also on the lookout for one Scandinavian and one British woman to play the new Bond girls."

Will Bond finally visit a Scandinavian country?
    Loved Ejiofor in 12 Years a Slave. Would be very ok with this
    To quote myself:

Meh, he's a good actor, but I'm not that excited about this news. He can be a good villain if the script is good. With Bardem I knew he would be good villain no matter what, he just has that larger-than-life presence.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    British Bond girl? Cast Hayley Atwell or Natalie Dorma dang nabbit!
    doubleoego wrote:
    British Bond girl? Cast Hayley Atwell or Natalie Dorma dang nabbit!

Naah. Bond 24 needs Emily Blunt! :bz
    Too average looking.
    I only approve of Ejiofor if the film is set in Africa or another country of blacks. Having the Mexican Silva in Hong Kong didn't feel right. He should have been on a South American island. It made Skyfall feel like a hodgepodge of random nationalities, locations. No focus. Let's keep a focus.

He was supposed to be from the Azores. I think.
    As a Norwegian I can't think of any countrymen who would fit the part of a Bond girl. So if those rumours are true, they will have to look in Sweden or Danmark instead.
    Yes, Sweden. Sweden has some very beautiful women and if course we can't forget the Danish Bond last brushed up with. In the, who should be a Bond girl thread I suggested the Swedish actress, Katia Winter.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,630
    Ejiofer is a great actor. He played a great villain in 'Children of Men' and over the last few years has become a big name in British cinema so I'm really glad he's breaking out into the mainstream. He's an exciting choice, well played Mr. Mendes (he would also be the first main black villain since Yaphet Kotto as well). Could Ejiofer be playing Blofeld?

01_variety_ejiofor_0137-1_cmjn.jpg?w=499

UPDATE: New details from 'The Wrap' concerning casting for Bond 24

http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejiofor-eyed-play-villain-next-james-bond-movie-exclusive/

The filmmakers will soon begin casting two key female roles, including a new Bond girl and a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond.

Furthermore 'Bleeding News' have found a report that reveals that actresses Ida Engvoll And Disa Östrand Have Screen Tested For The Next James Bond Movie

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/ida-engvoll-and-disa-ostrand-have-screen-tested-for-the-next-james-bond-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ida_Engvoll.jpg

197b7525597b49bce1f7e3ec7a5bbc12.jpg
    Good find @pierce2daniel
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 3,032
    If Chiwetel Ejiofor going to be in Bond 24, i hope it will be for the water story/death-devil element.

Both actresses be very intresting chooses and not inspecialy for the leed.

306695.700x0.jpg
    Disa Östrand
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 11,956
    I bet the Scandinavian girl will be a tragic character that ends up dying at the hands of the baddy, ala Severine and Solange. "Brief" love interest, troubled past, etc. I can't see her making it to the end of the film.

The British girl will probably be the main one who Bond ends up with at the end.
    I agree with Quantum being involved in the film. That is just good story telling. They need to like "24" with Skyfall. That's no easy feat.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, SwedenModerator
    @thelivingroyale, yep sounds like so.

Wow, Disa Östrand. Loved her in the Swedish film "Känn ingen sorg".
    Quantum should be a bit like Hydra.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Each to thier own but I wish everyone would stop wanting quantum back.
    This. Is. So. Exciting. I hope Scandinavia offers up some locations, too.
    DCisared wrote:
    Each to thier own but I wish everyone would stop wanting quantum back.

Why?
    Getafix wrote:
    Interesting. Personally, I'd like to see an older actor play the villain for once - like in the old days. But this could be good.

Funny, I thought I was the only one wishing this.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,017
    Ejiofer is a great actor. He played a great villain in 'Children of Men' and over the last few years has become a big name in British cinema so I'm really glad he's breaking out into the mainstream. He's an exciting choice, well played Mr. Mendes (he would also be the first main black villain since Yaphet Kotto as well). Could Ejiofer be playing Blofeld?

I don't think he'd play Blofeld. Too young and Blofeld is not black. yes, now you can have a Black man being born from all around the world, but with a family like Blofeld, you'd expect him to be white. Beside, Blofeld's background has been extensively developed in Fleming, far more than any other villain, and why not use it? Should they decide to use Blofeld again of course.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Goonbase Alpha
    From the same article:

"Casting has been heating up with the studio also on the lookout for one Scandinavian and one British woman to play the new Bond girls."

Will Bond finally visit a Scandinavian country?

I am betting on it. Apart from Norwegian Julie Ege who played "Scandinavian girl" in OHMSS, they have never specifically sought out Scandinavian girls before. Maybe Craig wants to go back to Stockholm?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2014 Posts: 2,031
    Ida Engvoll has commented in swedish media about the screentest she did:

"I can't say anything about it. Everything around that franchise is so secretive. But this screentest went fine considering the circumstances. You've only got one take to do it and thus the situation becomes special"

And i keep my hopes up for Chiwatel, his perfomance in especially 12 Years A Slave was amazing. He got that raw power that few actors posess today!
    I'd love Scandinavian Bond girls. And these two actresses fit the bill of previous classic and Craig era Bond girls: they are unknown.
    Wow this is crazy