Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Murdock wrote:
    Temple of Doom is my favorite Indiana Jones movie! I don't know why people hate it so much. :(
    I certainly don't hate it but can understand the disappointment in it as it had the unenviable task of following one of the greatest movies ever made. Short Round and Willie can both be highly irritating at times. The tone of the movie is also all over the place, going back and forth between lighthearted adventure fare to extremely dark and even throwing in some slapstick comedy here and there.

I don't have a problem with the film's darker moments but a lot of people did complain about it at the time. Perhaps it just wasn't what they wanted from an Indiana Jones film. Maybe Last Crusade even suffers a bit from being too silly at times in reaction to lightening things up after Temple.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    "Let's get out of here. All of us."
    Still love it!!!
    YES and the immediate next scene when the light slowly shows up on Indy in that tunnel, ready to kick ass
    The sidekicks in Temple of Doom are a tad annoying but the positives outway the negatives it's just a brilliant thrill ride! The scene on the rope bridge is one of the best in the series.
  • I love Short Round, but I can't stand Willie. lol My favorite Indy movie is by far Last Crusade. And no it's not all because of Connery, ok well possibly just a little. haha
    Raiders is still my favourite closely followed by the Last Crusade!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I was always a big Temple fan.

My ratings:
    #1- Raiders. The best Indy movie. In fact it's arguably one of the best films ever made.
    #2- Tie between Temple & Crusade. I believe Crusade is actually the better of the two, but Temple exhibits a visceral energy that rivals even the original.
    #3- Skull. Easily the least-excellent Indy. But Indy is like pizza, if you take my meaning. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ellis wrote:
    Ewan McGregor would make an excellent Indy. Would have liked to have seen him as Bond.

More suited to a Roger Moore style Bond if they go that route again . Of the names suggested so far- a big no to Fillion and Damon, but the Colin Farrell suggestion is surprisingly good. That guy has really matured as an actor, never cared for him until the last few years. He has the looks, acting chops and mannerism for a good Indy if only the script and direction are good and a bit tailored for him, I think.
    a big no to Fillion
    You are dead to me.

:)) Ha ha, just kidding, but you're wrong IMO.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sure, I could be wrong. Were he cast, I would still give it a shot.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I like the Colin Farrel idea. He'd be a good choice I think, brilliant actor.
    I like the Colin Farrel idea. He'd be a good choice I think,
    You are dead to me.

:)) Just kidding. Colin's undeniably a great actor, but Jones NEEDS someone like Ford who can do deadly serious AND goofy, and that's Fillion!
  • I'd never heard of Fillion until fairly recently so I can't judge him. I haven't seen him in anything, to my knowledge.

When I did hear of him though, it was when people were campaigning for him to be cast as Drake in the Uncharted movie. And Uncharted is essentially a complete Indiana Jones rip off, so maybe you're onto something.
    Ellis wrote:
    Ewan McGregor would make an excellent Indy. Would have liked to have seen him as Bond.

eh? on both counts. Mcgregor is a fine actor but definitely no Bond contender and even less likely Indy wannabe. Still, each to their own!
  • I think Ewan McGregor would've been perfect for the whole rookie angle they took with CR if Craig wasn't cast. I think he's a good choice for Bond but it'll probably never happen now.
    Jeremy Renner for Dr Jones?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,687
    I'd never heard of Fillion until fairly recently so I can't judge him. I haven't seen him in anything, to my knowledge.

You must check out the TV series Firefly, and the theatrical movie Serenity which is the continuation/end of the story. Great series/movie, and Nathan is great in it! :)>-
    (Note: The Avengers is Joss Whedon's second movie; Serenity was his first.)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Risico007 wrote:
    Jeremy Renner for Dr Jones?

I liked him in the Hurt Locker but I've got a bit sick of him lately because he's in everything. Bourne, Mission Impossible, Avengers, etc. Feels like he's being shoved down my throat.

Plus I couldn't see him pulling off Indy anyway.
    OMG is it wrong I could totally see this!
    Ford Narrating a past adventure that Cooper plays his younger self.. I could see it working
    p_ref=entertainment

He's no Nathon Fillion, eh @chrisisall? ;-)
    No, he's not. Bummer. Still, I suppose it *might* work...
    :-??
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd rather have Sean Patrick Flanery back as Indy than Bradley Cooper. 8-|
    I'd rather they left it alone full stop to be honest.

Agreed. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the last nail in the coffin to be honest.
    Murdock wrote:

Agreed. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the last nail in the coffin to be honest.

If you want to be reminded about Indy, why not just watch Raiders? It doesn't get any better than that.
    Murdock wrote:

If you want to be reminded about Indy, why not just watch Raiders? It doesn't get any better than that.

Actually this might sound crazy, but my favorite Indy movie is Temple of Doom. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Actually this might sound crazy, but my favorite Indy movie is Temple of Doom. :)

This conversation has been terminated. ;-)
    Murdock wrote:
    I can understand that, however, I like the first three equally.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I can understand that, however, I like the first three equally.

As do I, but if I had to pick my favorite, It would be Temple of Doom.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Cooper could kinda pass for a young Ford look-wise, so a flashback like in TLC could turn out alright. However, if they're talking about showing Ford the revolving door- Fillion would be a much better choice ;)
    I don't really mind if they want to try rebooting Indy. I don't think it will work, but you never know. One thing would be essential though - they'd have to stick to the films being the 1930s and 40s. They could go back earlier, but never post WW2 - that was an awful idea.

Basically we're asking someone to take on the task that Sir Rog undertook with LALD, which is follow in the footsteps of someone who had already seemingly totally defined the role to an extent that many people could not see any one else playing the part. Difficult shoes to fill.