John Travolta as next Bond villain?

124»

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Travolta isn't good enough and is just too distracting in the most adverse was imaginable.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,341
    doubleoego wrote:
    Travolta isn't good enough and is just too distracting in the most adverse was imaginable.

I agree. Travolta excels at playing bad guys (Broken Arrow, Swordfish, Face Off ) but I don't think he would be right in a Bond film.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 14,816
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I agree. Travolta excels at playing bad guys (Broken Arrow, Swordfish, Face Off ) but I don't think he would be right in a Bond film.

A certain type of badguy, yes. Not the Bond villain type. And I agree with doubleoego: acting wise he is not quite good enough. Not in the leagues of Javier Bardem, Robert Shaw or Christopher Lee.
  • doubleoego wrote:

While I do agree with your points, I do have one thing: I wasn't around in 1985, but I imagine people probably felt the same way when Walken was cast as Max Zorin.
    doubleoego wrote:

While I do agree with your points, I do have one thing: I wasn't around in 1985, but I imagine people probably felt the same way when Walken was cast as Max Zorin.

Walken is kind of distracting as Zorin, when I watch the movie anyway, but maybe he was not so much back in 85.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Anything's possible after the doors opened by the superlative Skyfall, even this. Little do we know, he could be the one that they want.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    doubleoego wrote:

Funny I was going to make exactly the same point myself, but you did it for me, so thanks.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Anything's possible after the doors opened by the superlative Skyfall, even this. Little do we know, he could be the one that they want.

I find the idea of Travolta playing a Bond villain more unlikely after SF. My bet is they will go for a far better actor.
  • I think he would be a good villain. I think they should give him some physical deformity and then he would be badass. Just my opinion probably too big of a name though.
    001bondfan wrote:
    I think he would be a good villain. I think they should give him some physical deformity and then he would be badass. Just my opinion probably too big of a name though.

Too big a name, too small an actor.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 19,339
    In a dance off between Travolta & Craig, DC is toast. ;)

Craig would just knock him out....!
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 55
    And while we are there . . . Get Adele Dazeem for the theme song ? No thanks