SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

RC7 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.

They'll have had someone in mind. Whether they get him/her is another matter.

Yes but with Skyfall they practically had Bardem signed before MGM was even a functioning studio again.

I just mean they'll have someone specific in mind. If they get them they'll refine it, if they don't they'll adapt it.

Didn't Barbara Broccoli said they have someone in mind already?

I don't know a single screenwriter who creates a key character for whom they have no actor in mind. I'm pretty confident that SF's success will go a long way to procuring the talent they require.

Oh I am sure of this too. Often screenwriters have a number of actors in mind, as they don't know for sure who can play the role. (And that's why I don't think I'd be a good scriptwriter.) But in Barbara's case, I thought she had said to Travolta (I think) that they already have their mind on an actor.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Goonbase Alpha
    I do not think she said they had a specific actor in mind, but a specific type of villain.
    I do not think she said they had a specific actor in mind, but a specific type of villain.

I understood they already had their eye on a specific actor. But maybe it was a polite way to dismiss Travolta. I agree with doubleoego, if they have someone in mind they won't spill the beans now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I don't remember them ever saying that. Only that Travolta wouldn't be who they would cast.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Time for a new car? :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2014 Posts: 11,090
    A new Aston, one we haven't seen eh? That us very interesting; very very interesting.

Well spotted @ggl007.
    From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

Oh boy was excited watching this video! Fingers crossed we will have the name of the actor/actress playing the villain! <:-P So looking forward to this all over again!

Brilliant work Marketto as always! "Nobody Does It Better!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ggl007 wrote:
    Was just about to post this. I'm excited to see a new model, but also, I'm getting bored with seeing him drive an Aston, period. It would be refreshing if he didn't drive a car at all. What do you guys think?
    QBranch wrote:
    ggl007 wrote:
    Was just about to post this. I'm excited to see a new model, but also, I'm getting bored with seeing him drive an Aston, period. It would be refreshing if he didn't drive a car at all. What do you guys think?

I would like to see Bond use his wits again in the sense of maybe stealing a car and using his driving talent to get away or what ever like Connery in DAF......etc.
    I want to be excited, I really do. But how about a Bond film where he doesn't drive a car at all- like FRWL and MR. Oh well, if the story calls for it... I wanna see it crammed full of rockets and lasers :))
    Now that is exciting news!
    I've really missed the spy car in recent films. The Brosnan films were replete with them and light monotony began to set in. However, Craig has yet to use one (aside from briefly using the GF Aston in SF). Thinking about the spy car always sends me right back to my childhood. It's really due a reprise and I for one really hope it makes its return.

I'm not sure how Bond will be issued it as the new Q is an entirely new breed from the older character. I hope that maybe Q takes on a side project and builds the new car especially for Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I would like to see Bond use his wits again in the sense of maybe stealing a car and using his driving talent to get away

Me too. The Craig era doesn't need a gadget-laden vehicle. Happy to see him steal an exotic vehicle and smash it to bits. I was gutted that Moon had so many super cars in DAD, yet none were used.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))<
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,354
    Now that is exciting news!
    I've really missed the spy car in recent films. The Brosnan films were replete with them and light monotony began to set in. However, Craig has yet to use one (aside from briefly using the GF Aston in SF). Thinking about the spy car always sends me right back to my childhood. It's really due a reprise and I for one really hope it makes its return.

I'm not sure how Bond will be issued it as the new Q is an entirely new breed from the older character. I hope that maybe Q takes on a side project and builds the new car especially for Bond.

New Q is a computer geek, I don't think anyone would consider him an engineer. He would rely on engineers to put a touch screen into the Aston's dashboard (Tesla-style) and then communicate with Bond online (Kind of "Knight Rider" cheesy).
    ggl007 wrote:

Finally! Solid news straight from the horse's mouth! I can already see Q issuing Bond his new car with a few (and hopefully subtle) gadgets.
    this is the first bit of real news since the July announcement.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 11,956
    I was hoping for Lotus but Aston Martins are still great cars so I'm happy. I do hope we get a couple of gadgets in it.
    QBranch wrote:
    It would be refreshing if he didn't drive a car at all. What do you guys think?

I'd like a Bond motorbike. I'd say a Triumph because it's a great British brand (and I own one so I'm a bit biased) but I wouldn't make BMW making a return to Bond. The 2014 S1000R would be perfect

2014-bmw-s1000r-action-83.jpg
    @thelivingroyale That would be great- a Q-issued bike, 'full loaded' I think is the term. NSNA was the only one, if I recall (although Stromberg and Kristatos' henchmen had gadget bikes along with Volpe). Brosnan and Craig grabbed whatever bike was nearby.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 11,956
    QBranch wrote:
    @thelivingroyale That would be great- a Q-issued bike, 'full loaded' I think is the term. NSNA was the only one, if I recall (although Stromberg and Kristatos' henchmen had gadget bikes along with Volpe). Brosnan and Craig grabbed whatever bike was nearby.

Yeah the only instances I can think of where Bond was actually given a bike are Never Say Never Again and Everything Or Nothing. So an "unofficial" film most fans don't even count, and a video game. I think it's an idea that's more than worthy of making a return and it'd be something different, we've had gadget packed Astons plenty of times before.
    And the type of sport bike you've posted a pic of seems more suited to Craig than a cruiser like Brosnan rode in TND. Also, Craig and Broz look good on a dirt bike when they're not wearing a suit, but I guess that goes for everyone.
    I'm fine with Bond riding a motorbike he finds during an action scene (like in TND or Skyfall) but a motorbike issued by Q would be incredibly unbondian in my opinion. A motorbike doesn't suit a gentleman. Wishing Bond using a brand new motorbike filled with gadgets sounds like a teenager's wish to me...
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2014 Posts: 9,792
    Do people genuinely want gadgets? I think that could be a big misstep in the Craig era. I thought it was bad enough having the DB5, but an MI6 approved vehicle with machine guns etc seems like it might be pissing in the faces of CR and QoS. I'd enjoy Bond having a finely tuned personal vehicle, that he clearly takes a lot of care of, or a stolen vehicle.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RC7, now that Q will be more in the story (past the introduction) in SF, it won't surprise me if they give Craig's Bond gadgets. I really hope they don't, though.
    RC7 wrote:
    I'd enjoy Bond having a finely tuned personal vehicle, that he clearly takes a lot of care of.

This is my want, as far as the next car goes.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 4,384
    RC7 wrote:
    Do people genuinely want gadgets? I think that could be a big misstep in the Craig era. I thought it was bad enough having the DB5, but an MI6 approved vehicle with machine guns etc seems like it might be pissing in the faces of CR and QoS. I'd enjoy Bond having a finely tuned personal vehicle, that he clearly takes a lot of care of, or a stolen vehicle.

I would rather that they didn't have any gatgets at all but I'm fine with a few subtle gadgets like the new gun and the radio in Skyfall. Regardless of what I would prefer I think that the new Aston Martin will have some gadgets. I think that for two main reasons.

1. In the Skyfall production videos Sam Mendes seemed very enthusiastic about the Aston Martin having gadgets in Skyfall. He will probably want some gadgets in the new Aston as well.
    2. Q was reintruduced in the last film. Bond having a new car in the next film without any gadgets at all would be a bit strange.

Having said that, I predict (and hope) that the gadgets in the new car would be nothing as outlandish as the ones seen in the Brosnan era.
    I'd like gadgets as long as they're not too OTT, I liked the underwater Lotus and the remote control BMW but something like that wouldn't suit the Craig films. I don't see the harm in some machine guns though.

Like I said though, I'd prefer a bike.
    RC7 wrote:
    Do people genuinely want gadgets? I think that could be a big misstep in the Craig era. I thought it was bad enough having the DB5, but an MI6 approved vehicle with machine guns etc seems like it might be pissing in the faces of CR and QoS.
    For realistic gadgets, I could see a pop out gun compartment under Bond's seat which was an unseen extra on the GF DB5- although we had a variation of it in CR in the DBS's dash. Or perhaps an EMP that transmits backwards from the boot that stops tailing vehicles by shutting off their engine, electronics etc.

http://www.google.com.au/patents/US5293527
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I don't remember them ever saying that. Only that Travolta wouldn't be who they would cast.

It was probably what she meant but she seems to have said they have someone in mind, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Travolta will never be cast in a Bond film. People should really try and develop a better eye for when diplomatic niceties are being employed. That being said, I stand by what I said earlier, EoN either already have their actor for the villain or have a short-list of who they'd like and I'm pretty sure its the former.

As for the car, it'll look very nice but I'm not expecting it to be pimped out with crazy gadgets. It doesn't need such gadgetry.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,993
    ggl007 wrote:

Thanks GGL, someone posted on Youtube now.