5.8 quake rocks eastern US coast

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 15,690
Felt from Washington DC to New York... Any US members here that felt it ?

<url>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14634730</url>;

Comments

Felt it just outside Philly.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 107
    Felt it just outside Philly.
    Yeah, me too. It started out feeling like a bunch of people were running around on the floors above me, but quickly got bigger than that. Passed fairly quickly though. I was afraid something had blown up somewhere.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm near Bradford PA, but didn't feel a quake. Our connection for TV and computers went down for bits of time, but nothing major.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Felt it in MD. I was at work in the lunchroom. It was my first earthquake as well and at first I thought it was fat people running around upstairs, then I realized something was actually going on and I got the hell outside, lol
    I do not want to die at work!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Felt it even in Ottawa in my building on the 9th floor. Very mild over there though ;)
  • Was in the car in Northern VA. The car was stopped at an intersection, and then when it started shaking (for no more than twenty-thirty seconds), I initially just thought it was a dump truck passing by, but then it felt a bit stronger and prolonged. I didn't learn until a few minutes later that it had actually been an earthquake, and, given, I only got a comparatively mild experience, but it seemed a bit funny to me that there's been such extensive/constant radio coverage.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I was in a marching band camp (God save me) in Northern VA, and we were practicing and all of the sudden it started shaking so we thought we were too loud but when we stopped we noticed the trophies in the back were vibrating and we all left the area.
    Didn't feel a thing here in Toronto, although I see on the news, that others here did but nothing too scary.
  • I live and work just north of Philly in PA. Most of my office didn't notice but a few folks did, no one realized what it was until loved ones started calling to check on us. My 13 year old daughter reported our refrigerator was shaking.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    first earthquake in the area in 44 years... maybe the Mayans are right?
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I was up north on Mont Tremblant and I didn't feel a thing. Kind of funny considering I was on the "trembling mountain"
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    my friend in Dallas, NC felt it;

I don't know how far he was from the epicenter.