How Will You Tackle Bond 25?

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited August 2016 in SPECTRE Posts: 40,368
I know we've discussed this here and there before, but now that 'Bond 24' is gearing up and will start filming by the end of the year, I wanted to hear everyone's take on how they'll explore the film before it releases, specifically with this site. So, will you avoid the forums at all costs, dive in to every thread, or tread lightly? Will you rewatch the trailers, teasers, and spots over and over again, or will you tease yourself with them? Will you look into all the news, images, and spoilers that may be released, or avoid all of it? Will you listen to the theme song when it's released, or wait to hear it for the first time attached to the film? Discuss away!

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I'll take everything I get can, just as before but I understand those who choose to stay away and hope things remain unspoiled for them.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I'll watch the trailers, but not read anything about casting or news or who is singing the title song and so on
    I'll watch trailers, teasers and listen to the title track, but will assiduously avoid threads with plot spoilers. Then, once the film is released, I'll bug out totally until it's released in the US.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Samuel001, might I ask why you want to see the spoilers? Don't get me wrong, everyone has different tastes, I just wonder what the excitement is behind it. I've heard of people before who look into spoilers for almost anything, and I can understand that it's the buildup, not the spoilers/ending/finale, that those who do it look forward to.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I don't want to see them but if they're out there I'd rather know then risk being spoiled.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will read everything. Spoilers do not bother me. I can still enjoy the film.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Same as for the past four films -

watch the trailer a few times.

visit the forum, but avoiding the B24 news like the plague.

other website's/TV's etc that mention B24 don't get read, switched over etc.

Well tread lightly that those who choose to do so. I don't know if anyone else had it happen, but I had a few spoilers revealed to me on these forums in non-spoiler threads as SF was gearing up.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I'll watch the trailers and I'll read bits about the film that tease it (previews, interviews, etc), and I'll listen to the theme song but I'll stay away from story spoilers.
    as much as I can get :D
    You know what I would love to do but would be absolutely impossible for me? See nothing at all. Avoid all information, casting, spoilers, trailers, TV spots, images, everything. Imagine going into a Bond movie with absolutely no idea what to expect.
    I will tread carefully I think? The things I learned by accident on here about Skyfall were due to people not using spoiler tags or not thinking about thread titles. As with regards to theme soundtracks and trailers? I am more than happy to see or listen to either before the movie is released.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You know what I would love to do but would be absolutely impossible for me? See nothing at all. Avoid all information, casting, spoilers, trailers, TV spots, images, everything. Imagine going into a Bond movie with absolutely no idea what to expect.

Ditto. The last couple - I've watched trailers, had an interest in location shooting and casting, a little background on characters and basic, I mean synopsis level, plot. When I was a kid I knew everything, but you grow out of it, I think. I avoided a lot of things last time, such as that bloody clapperboard thread, and it paid off handsomely. When I sat down at the SF premiere it was a tremendous experience and I was thrown into the unknown. It definitely elevated the experience.
  • RC7RC7
    Birdleson wrote:
    I'll probably watch all trailers, but I don't want to read anything that gives away too many plot points. . I'm actually thinking of flying to London to see it opening night (two weeks earlier than it will open in the US, where I am). I'm pretty set on the idea. Trying to get a friend to go with me who's not such a big Bond fan, but he's never been to England and that's the hook.

You should do it. Bust your balls to get premiere tickets.

I would love to try it and see how much I could manage to avoid. Just knowing a trailer exists and I'm not allowed to watch it would be insane.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would love to try it and see how much I could manage to avoid. Just knowing a trailer exists and I'm not allowed to watch it would be insane.

The trouble is, when you're a massive Bond fan, everybody talks to you about it. I'm sure we both couldn't last any time at all without people saying, 'Oh, I heard they're shooting in NYC' etc.
    @RC7, that's true, and something's bound to slip: walking past a TV while a TV spot plays, hearing something on the news about the film. Even the Internet, you'd have to avoid any and all sites essentially for a year to ensure you have nothing shown. It would be near impossible but definitely unique.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RC7, that's true, and something's bound to slip: walking past a TV while a TV spot plays, hearing something on the news about the film. Even the Internet, you'd have to avoid any and all sites essentially for a year to ensure you have nothing shown. It would be near impossible but definitely unique.

You should start a Kickstarter campaign, whereby your contributors pay for you to spend the entire production period in a single room, playing the canon on loop. You have no exposure to world events. On the morn of B24's premiere, you are released, whisked to a 5-star hotel (your endeavour having been brought to the attention of EON) dressed in a tux, and chauffeur driven to the red carpet.
    RC7 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

You should start a Kickstarter campaign, whereby your contributors pay for you to spend the entire production period in a single room, playing the canon on loop. You have no exposure to world events. On the morn of B24's premiere, you are released, whisked to a 5-star hotel (your endeavour having been brought to the attention of EON) dressed in a tux, and chauffeur driven to the red carpet.

Only I'm released from that room a year later to realize the world has ended and there will be no tuxedos, chauffeurs, or 'Bond 24' :-(.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Only I'm released from that room a year later to realize the world has ended and there will be no tuxedos, chauffeurs, or 'Bond 24' :-(.

Or, you're released to the shocking truth that you've been in an induced coma for six years and the Craig era has ended, 'here's your Blofeld Trilogy on Blu-Ray, Sir'.
    That sure would be something. In all honesty, I might have to find someone and see if we can make a truthful bet to see who can hold out the longest on any information of any kind.
    There are two extremes:

1. Avoiding everything Bond 24 related and watching the movie without knowing anything about it. Upside: the movie will be a complete surprise. Downside: you can't enjoy the about 18 month long ride leading up to the movie. (This ride starts with the first serious rumours and ends with theatrical release.)
    2. Read every spoiler, watch every clip, consume every Bond 24 related news. Downside: you willl now a lot about the movie before watching it. Upside: you get to enjow the ride.

Ideally I want to be somewhere around the middle between these two extremes but I always and up closer tho the latter extreme. Which I don't really mind since you can enjoy the benfits of the first scenario for only less than 3 hours!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Well I didn't have internet until after QOS, so with the lead up to SF, I was new to it all, and didn't think of the consequences- scouring the net for every bit of info on the film, even joining twitter to get the latest tidbits. I walked out of the cinemas disappointed because I knew waaay too much. I enjoyed it much more on the 2nd and 3rd viewing as the expectation was gone. My advice would be to avoid the clapperboard thread (if it comes back). I will look at the clapperboards as they are released, but the thread should be avoided, as it was also dedicated to putting them in loose order of the film, and the mystery of them was lost.

I'll be happy to watch trailers, teasers, behind-the-scenes footage, learn the locations and who the title song artist is, but I will not listen to the song before the film, and I'll try to avoid plot spoilers. Just a synopsis of the plot would be ideal. It would help if everyone uses spoiler tags this time around, but there will always be a few members who don't think before they post.
  • Plot spoilers are impossible to avoid online often. Trailers don't always reflect the true value of a movie. I would suggest finding a critic who you agree with but even that's tough because nobody has the same exact taste.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,257
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Imagine going into a Bond movie with absolutely no idea what to expect.
    Honestly, that's what I want!

Skyfall is my first and only Bond film where I actively researched it prior to it's release. Because of this, I feel Skyfall lost its... novelty, I suppose.

So needless to say, i will try to avoid this forum more and more as the film reaches its release date. Seriously, I would love to walk into the theater without knowing anything about casting, locations, plot, etc. Hell, I would even like to see the film first without having seen the trailer. I mean, that's the way it used to be for me when I was younger, particularly because I didn't care about that stuff back then.

Long story short, I will try avoid the forums, articles, posts, etc about the film, at least more than i did with Skyfall.
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, same thing happened with me: did a lot of research and heard a lot of things so it wasn't as fresh or exciting for me, I guess you could say.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I will read stuff on our MI6 HQ main page and in the forums, I will look at stills, watch and dissect the trailer and listen to the theme song at least 10 times immediately after its release.

Reading leaked scripts is where I draw the line. If I do that, I might as well not watch the film.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I'd love to go in to B24 without any knowledge at all, but as I run a James Bond website/facebook page that's quite impossible ;) The things that bothered me was the spoilering of M's imminent death etc. things I díd like were the spyshots made by bystanders of the DB5 racing through the streets. stuff like that really gets you pumped up. Anyway, I think I'll just watch trailers, not even listen to the song, and get my colleagues to do the breaking B24 plot news ;)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    What I did last time: Follow all non-spoiler threads and news articles, watch trailer and listen to theme song millions of times, watch cam of movie (we got skyfall about a month after uk), watch at cinemas a few times, buy bluray

What I'll try to do for Bond 24: Tone down on reading, actually wait for official release, watch a few times, buy bluray
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I will do what I did last time. I did not read clapperboards or spoiler threads. I avoided news more and more - all news sites, like when you click on Yahoo it brings up photos and their headlines; I just stay off of it as much as possible. It was not easy, especially as I had to leave our forum entirely, I think it was early October. :( Skyfall opened Dec. 1st in Japan, so I am expecting a similar loooooooooooooong frickin' wait. I want to know the cast, see the trailers, and hear the theme song, yes - but no spoilers, I do not want to even know the outline of the story.

I managed very well last time and I did not know any major plot ideas when I saw Skyfall. It was all fresh for me, I just sat back and watched it unfold and I really did not know what was going on; it was such a great cinematic experience. I need to do the same pretty much.