Former Bond as Villain

edited March 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 8
Hi there, long time bond fan new comer here.

I had an interesting conversation with my uncle tonight who was the one who got me hooked on Bond, My first film was Goldeneye when it came out, as I was born in 1988.

The conversation was just as title describes, for kicks, Which former bond would make a great Bond Villain?
Of course this will probably never happen so not to tarnish the actors Bond appearance or not to cause any confusion but It did have me thinking a good bit.

I ruled out Roger Moore just due to all the comic relief he had as a Bond. And of course George. But I was very torn between the rest. Sean could make a great farewell in films by posing as one of the best Bond Villains of all time with the right story line and plot. Dalton, as many did not like his bond could be a hard ass villain and can see fans waiting for his apparent death at the end of a movie. Then Pierce... the bond who started it all for me. As being 25 when I think Bond I think of Pierce, (Sorry Connery Fans). I could see him more of a Sean Bean 006 type villain with wit and charm.

Just an interesting thought that came up and was curious what other Bond fans thought or if any ever thought of this before.

Comments

Birdleson wrote:
    It has been bandied about for years. I'm against it. I want my Bonds to remain just that in my memory (as least in terms of the series).

Well said "Old Man"

I agree also, and I enjoy the movies but never really got into the forum world of Bond till now, i figured it would be brought up sometime over the years, but as the conversation was recently struck up for myself was curious.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Welcome to the board but no, people d be so confused, they couldnt handle Qos for a title.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,280
    George Lazenby would be the best. Not only is he available and could find closure with EON (Barbara Broccoli has said he wasn't treated so fairly), but his villain could have a back story similar to his Bond. It can be convincing. No COCOnut story, no CGI glass jaws required.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    No @dramaticsceneofQOS, there are coconuts in volved in Lazenbys downfall.... look it up.
    I love the franchise as a whole, but I would not want to see this happen personally. Welcome to the forum by the way! :-bd
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I think the original poster made it fairly clear that he didn't suggest this should actually happen, but it's a theoretical question about which actor would make the best villain.

Timothy Dalton every time for me.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    I think the original poster made it fairly clear that he didn't suggest this should actually happen, but it's a theoretical question about which actor would make the best villain.

Agreed. He'd make a great David Dragonpol for instance, but perhaps I'm biased.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Tokoloshe wrote:

Agreed. He'd make a great David Dragonpol for instance, but perhaps I'm biased.

Well, no one could have figured that out from your name :P

On the subject of a former Bond as a villain, I'm going to say: it depends. Dalton would make the best villain, though maybe Moore could star as a humanitarian gone extreme. The one thing I don't want it to be: a former MI6 agent gone rogue, because then folks are gonna go around saying "the codename theory's true", and then I'm gonna want to hit somebody hard.
    I guess would all depend on what type of villain you are really into. The upbeat type such as 006 and Reynald or the laid back type who always lets his henchman do the fighting for them.

Laid back its hard to see since we all seen them as Bond of course, old age would make this one easy as the older Bonds would for sure be in this category and the youngers would be more in the take charge and hit a guy type.
    No no and more no to the idea behind this thread.