SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,879
    John Logan: "You ain’t seen nothing yet!"

<a href="http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40356">John Logan Gives Bond 24 Script Update</a>
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Reassuring words from John Logan, there. In a few months we really should begin to learn more about this film. I like how many options appear to be on the table.

I'm surprised he is still on the first draft though.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    So the return of Quantum is still a possibility. How interesting.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,416
    I think John logan mean contuned the live and death/mirror elements from Skyfall and Malory. In my opnion he anser of the quistion about CR and QOS too on this way, with fact those Skyfall symbol are also done in QOS in special.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It's always a pleasure to read/listen to Logan speak about Bond, he just loves it! Thanks for the link @QBranch
  • RC7RC7
    pachazo wrote:

Is it interesting? I'd say it tells us precisely nothing we didn't already know. Would be interested to see another 00 in action, even a fleeting glimpse.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 512
    RC7 wrote:
    pachazo wrote:

Is it interesting? I'd say it tells us precisely nothing we didn't already know. Would be interested to see another 00 in action, even a fleeting glimpse.

It's is great to finally hear something about the development of the script and the joy they all(Craig, Mendes, Logan and the producers) seem to have.
    Never heard Haggis, Purvis and Wade so enthusiastic about writing a Bondscript.

I'd say, the chance that Quantum/Blofeld is coming back is pretty big. I don't know exactly why... but that's my feeling.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I think Quantum will be back in some form. I think the fact EON now have the rights to Blofeld mean they were incorporate the character back into the series.

However, I do think the result of QOS has left a bad taste in Mendes's mouth about using Quantum again. Mendes has not publicly spoken against that film but he definitely has implied his disappointment (he constantly bigged up Campbell and CR and never mentioned Forster).

I think Quantum will become SPECTRE in Bond 24. Bond will find out that Quantum is now defunct as it was swallowed up by a much more nefarious organisation ran by Ernst Starvo Blofeld. Maybe we'll find out that Mr White was killed by Blofeld or something. This way they can reference Quantum in a few lines of dialogue but the main emphasis will be placed on SPECTRE.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    RC7 wrote:
    Interesting from the standpoint that he didn't give us a definite no. It tells us that at the very least.
    QBranch wrote:
    John Logan: "You ain’t seen nothing yet!"

What a great article! It's great to hear Logan being so excited about Bond 24!
    I am hoping for Quantum to return. and I like him discussing Fleming and using things from Fleming...
    "The new movie continues the themes of Skyfall. Some of the characters and themes that we began to introduce in Skyfall will play out, I hope successfully, in the next movie.”

This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad. Can't say it does surprise me though.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad.

:)) Don't be so overdramatic.
    Wow, what a joy to read that. Logan seems to love this job. My excitement just grew a little. Maybe it's just me but if Quantum wasn't meant to come back, Logan could have just said "No, that was in the past, we're doing our own thing now". But this has me excited.
    someone needs to alert Jwest to update the thread again :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to hear an update. I'm quite interested in the possibility of seeing Bond alongside another 00 agent.
    The next adventure may have more scope to it. I wonder how that would work?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    "The new movie continues the themes of Skyfall. Some of the characters and themes that we began to introduce in Skyfall will play out, I hope successfully, in the next movie.”

This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad. Can't say it does surprise me though.

Your post confirms my opinion of what you always post. Can't say it does surprise me though.

I think that with them now having the rights to Blofeld, they will use that. I don't think they could help themselves with that, really. Why wouldn't they? I am happy for Quantum to return if it is well written - everything hinges on the script, really, doesn't it? I do think the name Blofeld will be in it somehow. Whether the name Quantum is even mentioned, I cannot guess. But I am excited about this film and happy to get any new info.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    This just confirms my wildest worries. I feel sad.

:)) Don't be so overdramatic.

to me that spells more unresolved issues,more MP in the field (becoming a sidekick ),more long and elaborate meetings with Malory (so he can justify his salary). And you think I'm overdramatic!
    Matt_Helm wrote:

... everything hinges on the script, really, doesn't it?

Yes, indeed it does and given the track record of those at helm for Bond 24 you should understand that this is not the time for high hopes!
    What is there to update exactly? Rumors of another 00 agent appearing? John Logan still being excited? Another confirmation of an October start?
    Well, it's November now according to Baz. ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    True, no real news. :)
    Oct/Nov ...
    But it is nice to hear anything, from anyone involved at this point. It feels like we have been in such a drought (no news.
    I am one of the folks who loved, and still love, Skyfall - so my hopes are high and I have a good feeling about Mendes/Logan.
    I want to do another production update post, but the only thing to add is the October/November start and even that is still unofficial. Patience.. it will all come virtually all at once here in the next few months.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I want to do another production update post, but the only thing to add is the October/November start and even that is still unofficial. Patience.. it will all come virtually all at once here in the next few months.

Agreed. I mean there just isn't any rush, is there? Surely we've all been here before. All good things come to those who wait. This time next year we'll be batting off info left, right and centre. For now I'm not fussed about getting any news. The film won't happen any quicker.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, always good to hear something about Bond 24, particularly from the person responsible writing it. I think there's definitely an amplified level of excitement and anticipation as this is the first Bond movie since TWINE that we have someone else independent from the contributions from P&W and whatever specifically Logan contributed to SF, now we're going to really have transparency in what he can offer to the series.

I'm glad that Logan is conveying a conspicuous enthusiasm for working on the series and the relationship he has with Mendes, Craig and the producers appears to be assuringly harmonious. Adding to that, I like the fact that Logan seems to be a genuine fan of Fleming's material as opposed to merely using them as a laborious source of reference in putting together a script.

As for the possibility of Quantum/Blofeld featuring in Bond 24, I'm not adverse to the idea. Again, it all depends fundamentally on the writing and how characters and scenarios are portrayed. In this regard I think that the fan/audience reception of how Quantum were utilised in QoS doesn't really matter. If Roger Moore's campy antics as Bond can be re-envisioned into something else in the guise of Dalton, or the by-the-numbers interpretation of Brosnan to a more layered and depth-infused portrayal by Craig then it's certainly possible to re-imagine Quantum into something different, hopefully better and that goes for characters too. Felix is a character that has been reintroduced and reinvented numerous times, some for the worse and some for the better.

In any event, I think with how they intend to approach this movie using aspects from SF to underpin the direction, Mendes returning and the professional dynamic between himself, Logan, Craig and the producers, it sounds like they're aiming for something very interesting and exciting and rightfully ambitious but without the flab. I really look forward to hearing what the synopsis is going to be.
    I hope Mr Mendes brings the old clapperboard out again to tease us all at various stages of production as to what is actually happening. Plus I wonder if the casting call has gone out out yet for a certain white cat?
    It did put a smile on my face opening up MI6 to see a BOND 24 article! Hope to see a formidable Quantum plot soon! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I loved reading that interview. Logan's excitement enhances my own, and the more he puts his heart and soul into the script the better I think the film will be for it. His answers to Quantum related questions were interesting, for sure, and give me a fickle of hope that we'll see the organization again. Quantum's return would really mean the world to me, so much so that it's the only thing I care about being in Bond 24 at this point because I think it's sloppy to leave the arc unfinished as is. If they do feature in the film and their return is signaled in a teaser way down the line of epic proportions, I will scream with such happiness that my voice will give out.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Glad you guys got a kick out of that article, as did I. I'd like to see the return of Quantum in some form, a 00 agent or two, and I especially love when Logan says, "I have fifty years of movies – 23 movies and all the Ian Fleming novels and short stories, all of which are fodder. And when I’m working on the new Bond I’m constantly going back to Fleming and the other movies – what are the bits and pieces, what are the resonances?"

It's what you'd expect the writer to say, but just reading it anyway peaks my excitement through the roof. We're definitely in good hands here! :-bd
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I hope Mr Mendes brings the old clapperboard out again to tease us all at various stages of production as to what is actually happening.
    I followed that clapperboard thread, and for me, it ruined my initial viewing of the film- especially once they were all put in order. My strongest advice is stay away!

Much easier said than done though. :))