Sing another day !

LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
edited March 2014 in Music Posts: 523
Instead of Madonna, back in 2002 who would you choose to perform the 20th Bond song ? And which recent song could fit your expectancy ?

Don't tell me, "the song could have been different with better lyrics, more violins, less noise..." let's consider Madonna had her chance. Who would you choose ?

If the thread already exists, please don't hesitate to redirect me and, moderators, to close this one.

Comments

Well,without sounding sexist,it would have been nice to have had a male singer perform,as ALL of Brosnan's Bond films were sung by women.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Nice ! I agree with you. I was thinking of Scorpions (even if they weren't at their peak then) or Coldplay. What about you ?
    Coldplay would have been perfect !!

They could have slowed things down and given it more class.
    Exactly. Now, we just need more members to participate and the thread will be launched. Perhaps it doesn't interest much people ?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,728
    Michael Jackson, as his Invincible album (October 2001) sold 10 million copies plus, and he was a great vocalist and composer. Some of his songs even have Bondian notes, Is It Scary being a perfect example as it uses the first bars from the James Bond theme:

Well you cant go wrong with a bit of Jacko !!
    barryt007 wrote:
    Well you cant go wrong with a bit of Jacko !!

Indeed! I'm a big fan. I think that one was for Addam's Family Values (1993), but wasn't included on the soundtrack. It's from the album Blood on the Dancefloor: HIStory in the Mix (1997).
    Indeed. That sounds good but it's quite long ! Nice choice @Dragonpol
    Indeed. That sounds good but it's quite long ! Nice choice @Dragonpol

It's an epic, as most of his work was. The vocals are amazing in my view. It's not all Billie Jean.
    As you said some of his songs sounded Bondians, his vocals are perfect. Of course, Billie Jean is a little part of his amazing work.
    I don't why but it's TLD song and ost that comes to my mind when I listen to him.
    As you said some of his songs sounded Bondians, his vocals are perfect. Of course, Billie Jean is a little part of his amazing work.

Yes, few people are aware that he was a Bond fan. More on that later. See this video at 6.35 mins for more overt Bond theme reference during his famed 1995 MTV Music Video Awards performance:

I want to say Oasis but Die Another Day came out around the same time as Heathen Chemistry which I rate as their worst album by a mile. It's the only album of theirs that I don't really like, I think all the changes the band was going through resulted in a drop in quality. So if they'd done it there's a chance it would've been disappointing.

Muse could've done it (and still could now). Origins Of Symmetry came out in 2002 and that was a great album, plus they proved with Supremacy that they could do a great Bond theme if given the chance.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Cher Believe
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    U2 would've nailed it. A chance to belt it out, rather than just writing for someone else.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Well,without sounding sexist,it would have been nice to have had a male singer perform,as ALL of Brosnan's Bond films were sung by women.

I never realized this. Absolutely for the 40th we should've gotten a Thunderball-esque track.
    XXX wrote:
    Cher Believe

Really ?
    Stevie Nicks! I don't know why haven't she got the chance ever. She is as sexier than Sheryl Crow and her voice is great. Just have to hear Fleetwood Mac's "Sisters of the Moon" to get an idea of what it could have been.
    @0013 : I don't like her voice at all and I think it's not suited for Bond but I respect your choice.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote:
    U2 would've nailed it. A chance to belt it out, rather than just writing for someone else.

They probably would, but save them for a better film please.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    They probably would, but save them for a better film please.
    Oh, yes. Most definitely.
  • Pink Floyd, now hear me out. Imagine the press that this would have gotten not only for the 40th anniversary and the movie, but also since Pink Floyd had not done an album since 93' and not with Waters since 83'. We could have seen them reform for this and possibly continued on for a few years.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I want to say Oasis but Die Another Day came out around the same time as Heathen Chemistry which I rate as their worst album by a mile.
    Muse could've done it (and still could now). Origins Of Symmetry came out in 2002 and that was a great album, plus they proved with Supremacy that they could do a great Bond theme if given the chance.

I totally agree. Heathen Chemestry had Stop Crying Your Heart Out, but not much else. Origin Of Symmetry had Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Feeling Good, Bliss and New Born. Muse could have done it. Plug In Baby could have worked.