Favourite Shot in a Bond Film?

edited February 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,314
This is partly inspired as I was thinking about Deakins sumptious Cinematography in SF.

Whats your favourite shot in any Bond film - i don't mean scene, or stunt, but the camera work / visual.

For me, a few spring to mind.

1. GE - The shot where the camera flips up and over Bond just before the Bungee - really heightens the sense of danger and surprise for the audience.

2. OHMSS - The reveal that Gumbold is returning to his office. I dont know why but the fact we see his shadow first adds a sense of drama to the shot

3. SF - take your pic. The most beautiful Bond film ever IMO. Silvas entrance, silently following the Aston Martin through Glen Coe

Any other favourites?

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited February 2014 Posts: 8,009
    GF - The aerial shot over Miami.

TB - Pretty much any of the underwater shots.

YOLT - The aerial during the dock fight.

DAD - The opening Iceland shot over the icebergs and as the V12 drives towards the ice palace. (The sole shot where I felt the sped up technique actually worked)

CR - The Aston Martin driving through Montenegro.

QOS - The opening helicopter shot over the lake moving towards the tunnel. Still one of the best shots in the series so far and easily the most beautiful yet tense moment of QOS.

SF - Bond walking down the beach in India.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ah yes, a favorite of mine, is in Spy; Bond's in Cairo, and he's silhouetted against the bright desert sun, on top of a staircase, with a minaret behind him, featuring a brilliant Hamlisch cue. A small moment, but utterly fantastic shot by Gilbert.
  • Mine is the entirely obscure and unobtrusive aerial shot of the Dunes Hotel in Vegas in DAF.

Dunes:Diamonds2.JPG
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Thats one thing that DAF does give us,some wonderful glimpses of old Las Vegas before it all changed and most of the buildings were knocked down and rebuilt.

I nice piece of history preserved.
  • RC7RC7
    If I had to choose only one, it would be this.

dr_no_professor_dent_ken_adam_set.png
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Copyright alert.
  • OHMSS
    The first glimpse of Draco's sunrise assault through the windows of Piz Gloria
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited February 2014 Posts: 5,080
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service

A shot of the Alpine room at sunset at Piz Gloria. A beautiful shade of orange with the Alps silhouetted in the background when Bond has just finished giving his commentary on genealogy to Blofeld's Angels of Death. Oh, I must go there some day...
    A few more.

TLD - the dawn shot of the horses silhouetted against the sunrise before the airbase raid is nice.

YOLT - The serial shot over the docks fight

DAD - would have had some nice Iceland shots if it hadn't been hacked to pieces by that fool editor.
  • Lazenby's gunbarrel sequence. Pure energy: he just shoot and assured the target. Now he's still pointing at the camera, still kneeling.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Severine staring at Bond, thru the shattered window, her hair blowing in the wind; just a mesmering scene, beautifully shot.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The one with Solange.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Either the overhead shot of Bond in GE just before he jumps off the dam, or Bond on the rooftop at the end of SF.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Pure and simple: the gunbarrel. It doesn't matter to me if you see it in the beginning, the middle, or the end, it's a staple that just says "You're watching a Bond movie, enjoy."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Agent007391, I can totally agree with that. I do miss the days when the films opened up with the gunbarrel and you knew you were in for some Bond entertainment, massive fan or not.
    Mine is the helicopters flying towards Piz Gloria... The snow, the sun, the music. I love that shot.