Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 40,371
This topic is for the discussion of any and all upcoming video games, no matter the system.

By doing so, we can also group all of the Bond videogames into one whole topic!

To start off, here's a new trailer for 'Rage', coming to consoles on October 4th:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-4320-Latest-Rage-Trailer-Joins-the-Resistance.html

You a fan of Call of Duty? Live in or near Los Angeles? The Call of Duty XP event will be held on September 2nd and 3rd, and if you attend (tickets are $150), you will get a free copy of the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3. Event also includes paintball matches in real-world recreation of the map 'Scrapyard', Juggernaut Sumo, zip-lines, and the chance to win $1,000,000 in cash and prizes.

http://epicbattleaxe.com/free-mw3-hardened-edition-for-cod-xp-attendees/

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow, 'Rage' looks great !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, it does! Id knows how to make an FPS. As for MW3...meh. Every year, a Call of Duty is released, and it just feels like I'm playing the same thing, over and over again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I look more forward to BattleField 3 than MW3.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,371
    Thank you! As do I. Been watching Alpha gameplay videos on Youtube lately, looks tremendous.

Can't wait for the beta to hit consoles next month.
    Definitely looking forward to more from Uncharted and Batman! Both games are looking fantastic so far!
    Absolutely. I really want to get through the first two Uncharted games so I can check out Uncharted 3 on release day.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My thoughts too, on Uncharted 3. The first two games were first rate entertainment, and it looks like U3 will be no different. It's a release day purchase, that's for sure.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Tomb Raider Reboot
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I'm looking forward to:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Batman: Arkham City
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
    Resistance 3
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

No doubt I've missed some.
    Only 17 days until Deus Ex, Samuel! I'm excited.
    I've promised to myself that I only buy three games during the latter part of this year. Three at the best. Those are BAC, UC3 & GERE.

Although I'm quite interested in Deus Ex. But I shall give it a pass. For once I have to contain myself from buying every new exciting release.
    I have so many games I want by the end of the year, I'm really thinking of passing on three or four of them and picking them up at the same exact time, so I have three weeks of new games during my Christmas break home from college. Would be enjoyable.
    I don't want to blow all my student loan on games. But if I get a job soon, then, well then things may change and I can buy moar games. Huyuck!
    I have some Tuition Payment Plan, and two jobs on campus: one pays off my entire room and board, and the other pays off my tuition monthly, giving me cash for games and whatnot.
    Man, only two months or so until Batman Arrkham City comes out! YEAH!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My biggest purchases are Batman AC and of course U3(the best game ever).
    Here is great Batman AC coverage for those who want to give it a look:

Batman AC at Comic Con:

MR.FREEZE Trailer!!!http://www.youtube.com/user/BatmanArkhamCity#p/u/0/yXqj0rpyD2c

Penguin Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BatmanArkhamCity#p/u/1/CalUp9laldE

Catwoman gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BatmanArkhamCity#p/u/3/dxTwKakEoDg

I'll keep news on Batman AC updated in this thread. I hope the links help.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    still waiting for the sequel to Doom
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Here's the next bit of Uncharted 3 gameplay. You should have seen my face the entire time. I'll give you an idea: :O @-) =P~ :-D ^:)^

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think someone at Naughty Dog has been wacting TLD. B-) On a sad note, last night, while playing WRC: World Rally Championship, my PS3 died. I've had 6 years out of it, so that's something.
    I think someone at Naughty Dog has been wacting TLD. B-) On a sad note, last night, while playing WRC: World Rally Championship, my PS3 died. I've had 6 years out of it, so that's something.
    Get the slim @MajorDSmythe. And you're in luck. The price just dropped.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    On a sad note, last night, while playing WRC: World Rally Championship, my PS3 died. I've had 6 years out of it, so that's something.
    I'm sorry to hear that Major. Was it a launch model? If so that seems to be rather good. My first one lasted around 3 years and my second (current) model is a year in.

The worst part is having to shell out money for another one.

It's to do with the games I believe. As they get more powerful you'll risk the machine dying. My current model does up to 2012 games I'm told, so come 2013 I'll be on the edge of my seat.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 did my last one in.
    ^^^
    Best. James Bond. 007. Game. EVER.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,882
    0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: Yes, i'm now in the market for a slimline. I'll just swap the hard drives over.

Sam: I don't believe it was a launch model. But at least I have my PS2 (slimline) and XBX to tide me over until I can pick up a new PS3. And I hae enough games for each.

EDIT: Turns out that I had my PS3 in 2007 not 2005. 4 years isn't much.
    batman arkham city will be awesome
    Uncharted 3 will be more awesome. Trust me.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I look forward to eventually playing both. Uncharted 3 looks amazing.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I'm not a fan of AC, but I can't deny the awesomeness of this trailer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vOnJCRG13_U
    I have a pre order on Batman already and plan to get Uncharted 3 as i'm a huge fan of the series. We'll see about COD or Battlefield, it depends. But all of these plus Goldeneye and many others, should be a great fall/winter!
    Looking at the release schedule on GAME.co.uk, here's a list of the games i'll be looking into getting:

1. Uncharted 3
    2. Driver: San Fransisco
    3. Assassins Creed Revelations
    4. Batman Arkham City
    5. Resistance 3
    6. GoldenEye: Reloaded