Sompote Sands/Chaiyo thread

edited April 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 136
Don't know who Sompote Sands is? You probably don't want to know, but I'll let you know anyway. Sands is a Thai film director, who has often been hailed as the Ed Wood of Thailand. Let's just say his films are...different. Many of his films, most by his studio Chaiyo, feature the character Hanuman, based off the Hindu monkey God of the same name. Sands partook in a huge legal battle for the Ultraman character in 2006, but that's a whole nother can of worms. For now, let us just discuss some of his films, including:

* TAH TIEN
* HANUMAN VS. 7 ULTRAMAN
* JUMBORG ACE AND GIANT
* HANUMAN AND THE FIVE KAMEN RIDERS
* JAMES BAND 007
* CROCODILE
* THE NOBLE WAR
* MAGIC LIZARD
* SPACE WARRIORS 2000

hanuman%2Bfist2.JPG

Comments

No replies...how typical.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I am just not at all familiar with Thai films. Sorry. Give your thread a little time. Lots of folks here are familiar with all kinds of films. Why don't you write a brief review of one of your favorites of his and maybe include a link?
    Sure. I guess I'll give a mini-review of SPACE WARRIORS 2000, an unlicensed Ultraman movie. Though to be fair, Sompote was only the "oriental director".

Painful. Most of his other films are so-bad-they're good, but this one...ugh. It's basically just Ultraman footage with wacky voices dubbed over with music by DeWolf playing in the background. And for the first 30 minutes or so, it's sort of funny, but after a while, the novelty wears off. And then, the voices disappear, and its literally 20 minutes of shit exploding. The voices eventually come back, but by then...ugh. Still, if you're curious, send me a PM.
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    I'm interested in the JAMES BOND 007 one, can you tell us more about that one, @MaxRebo120?

Also, where is your avatar taken from?