Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is.....interesting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No Dalton, No Dice. 8-|
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Whenever somebody complains about casting...all I have to say to myself is Michael Keaton, Daniel Craig, Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway. Come May 2016, the critics will hopefully be silenced.
    I like the casting- and despite how I sound sometimes I like the choice for Alfred too- but as excited as I am for an actual Batman vs Superman movie, I was also excited to see Dalton on the big screen again. It's just a bummer that that's not happening now :(

But we still have a Batman vs Superman movie ;)
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Whenever somebody complains about casting...all I have to say to myself is Michael Keaton, Daniel Craig, Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway. Come May 2016, the critics will hopefully be silenced.

Not everyone is capable of what those actors are capable of. All 4 of them showed great range and potential. Affleck, Gadot, and Eissenberg are all one-note actors. I'd group them with Topher Grace, George Clooney, and Arnold Schrzenegger instead.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2014 Posts: 4,416
    Can we expect a younger version who look like on Lex Luther of Lois & Clark.

Lois-and-Clark-lois-and-clark-559890_633_768.jpg
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I agree with the first three but I had the opposite reaction to Hathaway. I thought she would be good but was very disappointed with her Catwoman.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor...Really? The guy is better fit to play Lenny Luthor.. (:|
    Lenny%2BLuthor.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I have nothing against Irons but I was extremely hopeful Dalton would get the Alfred gig.

As far as Eisenburg goes, I'm pretty disappointed with this choice. I think he is just awful.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,856
    Again wanted Dalton, but he might make a good Falcone, Penguin like villain and Irons would fit into the world that Synder, Nolan and Goyer are creating. I'm reserving judgment on Eisenburg until we see footage. I mean their is a lot of young business men today, so it may work. I also have a feeling about the finale of MOS playing into Luthor's motivations in BvsS, it could actually give a good base for the whole 'I hate Superman theme.'
  • bondbat007 wrote:

Keaton really? You must be joking...I would have had Adam West over him.

Wonder woman...yes she might bulk up...and yes she might show the fan boys a bit of cheek but Gina should have got the role and her personal relationship with Henry put a stop to that.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    What? To this day, Keaton's portrayal if batman is the best! His Bruce Wayne not so much but his batman could just stand there and he'd scare the poo out of you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2014 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote:
    What? To this day, Keaton's portrayal if batman is the best! His Bruce Wayne not so much but his batman could just stand there and he'd scare the poo out of you.
    Keaton played Batman? I just called that guy TimBurtonMan. ;)
    Eh...

I'm expecting a mediocre action film like the last two Superman films, but we'll see. My hopes aren't high though.
    Same feeling here. Dalton as Alfred would have instantly gotten me to see it. Irons as Alfred isn´t shabby, too. But Eisenberg? I don´t want to see him again, in any film.

I was very interested to see what other people had to say on this casting news, so I went on to Empire's page. The response is pretty mixed although I'd say there's about a 60/40 split of people being positive.

I then had a little browse on DCINB and it seems they're giving Daniel a break for now because they're absolutely slaughtering the likes of Affleck, Irons and Eissenberg. It's all quite embarrassing really. They behave like a bunch of petulant eleven year olds.

By the way, I also noticed a discussion topic there where someone has actually suggested it's time to replace the James Bond theme with something 'new' as it's now become tired and irrelevant. =))
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Keaton played Batman? I just called that guy TimBurtonMan. ;)
    Fair enough but can we agree that he's the most awesome TimBurtonMan ever? B-)
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,661
    Jesse Eisenburg is James Bond's greatest villain, Lex 'the sex' Blofeld! Not coming to a movie screen near you, like, never.

BenAffleckMattDamon.jpg

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    At least Lex and Superman are the same age, that's a plus. They could have these roles for over ten years at that rate.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This project is getting progressively more interesting for me. I rather like those casting decisions. And whoever suggested Crispin Glover as The Joker a few pages ago, is a genius! :-)
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Lex Luthor is supposed to come off as smooth, menacing, brilliant, and intimating all at once. Eissenberg does not fit the bill at all. The guy might be 30 but he can still pass for a teenager. And at 5 foot 7 he's a long way off from the 6 foot 2 muscular Luthor of the comics. And I understand this is a new spin on the character but I don't understand why they had to change it so much. Especially considering how we never really got a proper and serious portrayal of Luthor on the big screen. I smell a disaster. DC is not Marvel and has done little to earn the public's trust. If you don't believe me re-watch Green Lantern and Jonah Hex. Even Marvel Studios worst movies are much better than those two. And Man of Steel wasn't a masterpiece either.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    This project is getting progressively more interesting for me. I rather like those casting decisions. And whoever suggested Crispin Glover as The Joker a few pages ago, is a genius! :-)

Well thank you, sir :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2014 Posts: 10,512
    So I assume the new Lex will basically be a more menacing Zuckerberg?
  • I always knew the producer would find Timothy Dalton's Alfred too much of a threat
    for a Batman played by Ben Affleck. Had they go with this line-up, audience would have found Alfred much more menacing that Batman.

Dalton as Alfred and Bale as Batman...talk about a dream team!
    More then likely Rc.

Like I said I love the batman side of things Affleck and Irons might be a great match and rumor is we will get our first pic of the suit soon enough.

Luthor I think will work great I am not gonna lie my first choice was Cranston and I have never nor do I pleas on watching breaking bad (he does a great job as swarmy and kind of evil in Seinfield and How I met your mother) but batmans loss bond's gain as I am now hoping he is a Villian in bond 24
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Was Dalton even close to being in the running for the role, or was this all wishful thinking for you lads? While that would have been cool, I like these casting decisions. Irons will make a brilliant Alfred akin to his comics counterpart; just stuff a mustache on him and we're golden. He's got a great voice, grand presence and obvious well-honed chops.

It seems like the "cool" thing to defecate on Eisenburg at the moment, so I'll be original and stand up for the guy. While the casting is no doubt a surprise, I'm not carving his tombstone as Luthor just yet. I think it's an interesting choice, maybe a Luthor more befitting of our times. It'll also be cool to have a Superman and Lex that are in the same age group, not unlike how they played it in Smallville. I think Eisenburg has the chance to be a really arrogant, cold Luthor, and I look forward to what they're going to do. It looks like they aren't going with the "Lex as President" angle yet, but that could no doubt come in the future.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    SharkBait wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

You're the genius then, @SharkBait! :-)
    Glover is such a weird guy, he can play the Joker without make-up. ;-)
    I am hoping Jim Gordon is in this film and Kurt Russel plays him
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,817
    Jeremy Irons it's great but my no means he is Dalton and I don't know if he reflects the gravitas that Michael Caine had.
    Eisenburg as Luthor doesn't sound that good to me. Fortunately I'm not a big Superman fan, but I'm interested to see the new take on Batman.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    SharkBait wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    You're the genius then, @SharkBait! :-)
    Glover is such a weird guy, he can play the Joker without make-up. ;-)
    I just discovered the other day that Crispin Glover's father is Bruce Glover- Mr. Wint from DAF! :-O Looking at them both, it now seems rather obvious.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been away for a couple of days thanks to a problem with my internet provider (we had to switch, long story), and the first thing I see when I empty my email of unimportant things is that Jeremy Irons is Alfred and Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor? Jeremy Irons I have no problem with (the hilarity of the bad guy from Die Hard 3 being Alfred? I half expect him to walk up to Afleck and just start talking riddles before asking if Bruce wants his dinner jacket ironed), but Jesse Eisenberg? The douchy kid from Zombieland as Lex "I Have No Hair" Luthor?!

I miss the days when Ben Afleck and Henry Cavill were the only two actors cast.

On another note, I did just see Man of Steel recently, and now I want Jor-El from the opening of the film running around kicking ass.
    Am I the only one not thrilled about Irons? He's a goddamn fantastic actor but I feel like he'll make Alfred too camp, too... idk, too Jeremy Irons-y? I would've been much more thrilled with the taller, deeper-voiced Dalton who would no doubt do a rather serious take on Alfred.