Leave Bond alone after Craig finishes

Comments

• edited May 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Hi Nic, long time no see. Hope to have you back for good.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Just as long as brother David isnt allowed near the series.

He's currently in charge of Eon's global business strategy.

I wouldn't even have him in charge of EONs bin strategy after his sterling work on 007 Legends.

LOL. I wondered what type of comment I'd get from you Wizard.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice

As long as they keep making money Bond will continue and even if they run out of steam then they can take a break for 5 years and then reboot like Batman Begins and re-introduce Klebb, Oddjob and the like in different incarnations

I hope it doesn't ever come to that. I'd rather have them just stop entirely.
    or they can just go back and do the books as period pieces.
    This on the other hand would be an acceptable alternative.
    It is a moneymaking juggernaut! They won't leave it that long although i do see where this thread is coming from.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The 7th Bond should start in 2022. Or this wil take 5 (2017-2022) or 3 (2019-2022) years is based or DC wil make a 6th one for 2019 or not.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I wouldn't even have him in charge of EONs bin strategy after his sterling work on 007 Legends.

What can I say? I just loathe the guy. Spoon fed from birth a job most of us here would die for and he hasnt even got the good grace to do it even vaguely competently.

But of course being part of the family hes unsackable unlike, say, poor old Tamahori who even at his peak never pissed on the character as much as this cretin.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

What can I say? I just loathe the guy. Spoon fed from birth a job most of us here would die for and he hasnt even got the good grace to do it even vaguely competently.

But of course being part of the family hes unsackable unlike, say, poor old Tamahori who even at his peak never pissed on the character as much as this cretin.

What's he done that's so bad? I don't really know anything about him.
    This is a great strategy for the business but what about US, the FANS. We wait and wait and wait for this legendary Bond (Craig) is the the best and he will continue to make more movies...but... at what price?

Reach.

Sent from my iPad.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I want it coming out 2014 and then 2017 then every 3 or 4 years after that.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    Hi Nic, long time no see. Hope to have you back for good.

Hi
    I've been so busy at work (some restructuring going on) that i have neglected this place. I try to dip in and out, but it's a bit hard at the moment. :-)
    chrisisall wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Personally I would wait 5-6 years post Dan Craig before re--introducing the character in a similar vein to the post Dalton era. Hard to follow a legend as Lazenby discovered.Anyone agree?
    I do not. I want more Bond, the sooner, the better.
    I agree with you I see more sooner too. Yes leave Bond alone when Daniel Craig finishes. He 1 of the 3 of my fav 007s.
    I want to be the next James Bond: Dominic Cooper smoulders as 007 creator Ian Fleming... but it's Daniel Craig's job he's really after
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2544643/Dominic-Cooper-I-want-James-Bond.html#ixzz2rUtwHvc0
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He is - mostly because of that terrible eye shape - truly ugly in my book. Babs would have to loose her senses first. Just not handome, even though I admit, they captured him rather well in those pics. The last one is more what he actual looks like.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I think Craig might do Bond 25 in 2018, but I'm hoping for 2017. I don't think they will wait for recasting after that. I say it should take maximum 4 years. So, yes. 2021 for the next 007 actor.
    I think 4 years is a nice span to set up a new one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There's no way there isn't going to be a Bond film to mark the 60year anniversary.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    doubleoego wrote:
    There's no way there isn't going to be a Bond film to mark the 60year anniversary.

You are right. The new actor could make his debut during 2022.
    ..which would make it around 4 years ;)
  • Germanlady wrote:
    I think 4 years is a nice span to set up a new one.

Considering that three years now appears to be the norm and an extra year would both allow them to get the new Bond business sorted out and release a film for the 60th anniversary, 2022 does look like a very good candidate. Of course, that would rule out popular choices like Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy because of age, so we'll have to look into the 80's for our choice of the next Bond. Henry Cavill will definitely be too established (or, less happily, a complete failure), so he's out. Who could it be, who could it be?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This man may be 40/41 in 2022 but he will be the next James Bond

• 40's a pretty reasonable age for somebody to become Bond. Dalton was 41, Brosnan was 43, and Craig was 38. That shouldn't be much of an obstacle for Mr. Hiddleston. Personally, he'd be a better villain, but he could also be an entertaining Bond. Hopefully he dies his hair black for the role, though.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really love David Arnold's scores, but I have to admit 007 Legends had a really bad one.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited January 2014 Posts: 16,328
    Walecs wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really love David Arnold's scores, but I have to admit 007 Legends had a really bad one.

David Arnold only did the Goldfinger remix, The rest of the music was remixed by Kevin Kiner and other music cues were taken from Blood Stone.
    Walecs wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

@Wiz wasn't referring to David Arnold.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited January 2014 Posts: 3,157

Who was he talking about, then?
    Murdock wrote:
    Walecs wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

David Arnold only did the Goldfinger remix, The rest of the music was remixed by Kevin Kiner and other music cues were taken from Blood Stone.

Thank you very much! I simply couldn't get how Arnold could compose that soundtrack.
    Walecs wrote:

Who was he talking about, then?
    Murdock wrote:
    Walecs wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Thank you very much! I simply couldn't get how Arnold could compose that soundtrack.

David G. Wilson (son of Michael).
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    doubleoego wrote:
    This man may be 40/41 in 2022 but he will be the next James Bond

I've only ever seen him in Avengers Assemble but he could be a good choice. I think he'd have to bulk up a bit first though.

It won't happen but my dream Bond is this man

elba1025-fin.jpg

Scott Adkins is another good choice imo although I doubt they'll cast him either, he's more an action star than an actor and they seem to be moving away from that.
  • The series is in a very good place now with Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes. It's going to be very hard for the prods to move forward after Craig finishes up with them. I'd imagine that after Bond 25 they will be in a predicament.

I don't think they will let the series sit ideal for too many years before bringing Bond back. But we have to remember cinematic tastes change over time, what's not to say that in a few years audiences won't tire of sober 'realistic' action movies (ala The Dark Knight and Bourne) and want more comic-book escapist fare? We may well see a return of the Moore/DAD days yet.

But following the current trend, I think once Craig leaves the prods best bet is to bring on Christopher Nolan and give him as as close to free reign as they can. Let him reboot the franchise. Though the idea of rebooting again would mean we would have to loose Harris, Fiennes and Whishaw which would upset me muchly. But then again maybe Mendes has something planned for them over the next two films to bring his arc and those characters to a natural conclusion.

The point stands, once Craig and Mendes leave the prods need a strong director who can overhaul the machine.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 14,799
    I think Daniel Craig, when he passes it on to a successor, and because of his close involvment with the production, unprecedented for a Bond actor, should groom the new 007. I cannot think of a better coach.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 11,425
    The series is in a very good place now with Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes. It's going to be very hard for the prods to move forward after Craig finishes up with them. I'd imagine that after Bond 25 they will be in a predicament.

I don't think they will let the series sit ideal for too many years before bringing Bond back. But we have to remember cinematic tastes change over time, what's not to say that in a few years audiences won't tire of sober 'realistic' action movies (ala The Dark Knight and Bourne) and want more comic-book escapist fare? We may well see a return of the Moore/DAD days yet.

But following the current trend, I think once Craig leaves the prods best bet is to bring on Christopher Nolan and give him as as close to free reign as they can. Let him reboot the franchise. Though the idea of rebooting again would mean we would have to loose Harris, Fiennes and Whishaw which would upset me muchly. But then again maybe Mendes has something planned for them over the next two films to bring his arc and those characters to a natural conclusion.

The point stands, once Craig and Mendes leave the prods need a strong director who can overhaul the machine.

Not a bad suggestion. I think we can certainly expect a reboot once in a while now that it's so firmly established in other movies franchises. It was required for Bond and has given the series the shot in the arm that it needed. Not sure EON will accept Nolan entirely on his own terms, but I'd like to see him do one, or three. I think for the most important thing going forward is actually the writing - strong stories, characters and scripts.
    My hope is still for a Nolan trilogy for 007 with Hardy as Bond