The Bondologist Blog - Article Update and Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And see how good CR turned out. We have faith in you, take your time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    And see how good CR turned out. We have faith in you, take your time.

Thank you for your graciousness and patience, @Thunderfinger. It shall be rewarded with new content soon.
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    edited July 2014 Posts: 145
    List removed.
  • Wow! That's a lot of work ahead.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 145
    Wow! That's a lot of work ahead.

Yes, indeed. I sure have my work cut out for me, but I love a challenge and I try to rise to the occasion and pull something slightly different out of the hat when I can. I enjoy your blog very much, too, @JamesBondBlog. I even commented on one of them on the LALD novel a few days ago - it kindly used an excerpt from my blog paper "James Bond novels that were edited, censored and banned".
  • RC7RC7
    I have two script drafts to finish and it feels daunting. Christ knows how you cope with the prospect of 200+ papers @Dragonpol
    RC7 wrote:
    I have two script drafts to finish and it feels daunting. Christ knows how you cope with the prospect of 200+ papers @Dragonpol

I take it in my stride as I can only do one or two at the one time, but I hope to begin ticking off some of them soon. This is the main list of what I am hopefully going to be concentrating on over the next few years in my Bond writing.
    I have been checking for updates, but I assume you will let us know here when it is posted?
    I have been checking for updates, but I assume you will let us know here when it is posted?

Yes, certainly, I'll let everyone here know. That and feedback is the primary purpose of this thread. You can join the site by email to get updates as soon as new content is uploaded. I plan to upload a new paper at the end of January, the first new paper in a year, so I see it as something of a "comeback" paper and I hope it's by now hotly anticipated!
    Thanks. I check this site twice as often as I check my e-mail anyway. Much less spam here.
    Thanks. I check this site twice as often as I check my e-mail anyway. Much less spam here.

Yes, I know the feeling, though I do have very good spam filters that mostly work well.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:

Yes, I know the feeling, though I do have very good spam filters that mostly work well.

I had, too. Until I registered at University a decade ago, and had to give up my e-mail adress. Since then, I have been run over by it.

Dragonpol2 wrote:

I had, too. Until I registered at University a decade ago, and had to give up my e-mail adress. Since then, I have been run over by it.

Sorry to hear that. What did you study at university?
    Media and communication, but I dropped out after a year. Too hard to combine with work and family life.
    Media and communication, but I dropped out after a year. Too hard to combine with work and family life.

Sounds interesting. I did History and English, then a Masters conversion course in Law.
    Bravo, did you finish?
    Bravo, did you finish?

Yes, a First in the History and a 2:1 in the Law.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Impressive. But still you are working at Euro Disney? Dressed up as Mickey Mouse perhaps? ;))
    Ps see he has logged off now, and before anyone rushes to his defence-just a joke between friends.
    Impressive. But still you are working at Euro Disney? Dressed up as Mickey Mouse perhaps? ;))
    Ps see he has logged off now, and before anyone rushes to his defence-just a joke between friends.

Good call, @Thunderfinger. You sure know your John Gardner and Never Send Flowers and for a Gardner and NSF fanatic like me, that can only be a good thing!
    No. I have read Gardner, but not that particular book,so do not understand the reference. Coincidence, if there is such a thing.
    No. I have read Gardner, but not that particular book,so do not understand the reference. Coincidence, if there is such a thing.

Oh, OK. Yes, it must just be a strange coincidence then. It's just that Gardner's villain David Dragonpol attempts to assassinate Princess Diana and her two sons on a trip to Euro Disney Paris. The novel is set in 1992, and the Bond continuation novel that this appears in is called Never Send Flowers (1993). Hope that this is of some help to you! It's a great novel, well worth picking up.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,728
    List removed.
    I just wanted to give an update as some of the article titles have been rejigged and some replaced entirely as I want these remaining 214 papers to be as original and interesting s possible. Only time will tell if this is truly the case, though. As always feedback, criticisms etc. are most welcome.
    Are you doing them in this order, or are you working on several at the same time and posting them when you are happy with the result? You sure plan ahead!
    Are you doing them in this order, or are you working on several at the same time and posting them when you are happy with the result? You sure plan ahead!

No, I'm not doing them in order. I will release them as I write them, not in the order here. Perhaps I should simply remove this list from here, as I have done this on The Bondologist Blog. It puts too much pressure on me as a humble blogger.
    That is not pressure. Just an imagined burden of expectation. If you manage ten percent , we will all be impressed just the same. Us normal people, that is.
    That is not pressure. Just an imagined burden of expectation. If you manage ten percent , we will all be impressed just the same. Us normal people, that is.

Oh, I'm very normal too. My writing ability and speed is not what it was, it will take years for some of these to see the light of day, but anyhow I am producing new content as we speak.
    Not referring to you of course. I meant us people with no Real Brains.

Ah! I get you now! Hopefully he won't be around much longer - brainiac that he is!

Any of these article titles whet your appetite at all, @Thunderfinger?
    Dragonpol wrote:

Ah! I get you now! Hopefully he won't be around much longer - brainiac that he is!

Any of these article titles whet your appetite at all, @Thunderfinger?

Several, too many to post here. I like the element of surprise as well, like an old fashioned christmas calendar.