SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• O6GO6G
    Filming starts at the end of 2014? I'm sad.
    It will be here before you know it.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    O6G wrote:
    Filming starts at the end of 2014? I'm sad.

Where do you get that? I only read:

"The 24th Bond film goes into production in the fall."
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Fall is not right at the end. :)

And, I like the thead's title being changed to "very weak" - the rumors.
    True! :D
    meh all rumors are weak
    Fall is not right at the end. :)

And, I like the thead's title being changed to "very weak" - the rumors.
    True! :D

I had "Very Weak" the moment I included the Japanese rumor. I updated the thread due to a user's request. I guess it's as credible as anything else right now.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    meh all rumors are weak

Most of the Skyfall rumors wound up being correct, so don't right them all off.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,856
    Best Place to put this I feel.
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11227&t=mi6&s=news

That last bit is very intreating. :-?

Most of the Skyfall rumors wound up being correct, so don't right them all off.

That reminds me, when do you think we'll get dominion names (IE the title)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    The title could be registered in September, a month before the conference.

John Logan's new interview is enlightening. This next film will be an extension of what has come before. I'm interested to see what type of villain this story has and how sizeable the threat is.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The title could be registered in September, a month before the conference.

John Logan's new interview is enlightening. This next film will be an extension of what has come before.

It doesn't surprise me, since it's the same writer and director. But while it is an extension I don't think it will be a repetition. They are way too good to go that way.

Anyway, it's always good to hear Logan't talk about how much he loves the films and the books, a true fan.
    By extension does Logan mean the return of Quantum? Maybe just wishful thinking from me.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Ludovico wrote:
    By extension does Logan mean the return of Quantum? Maybe just wishful thinking from me.

He refers to SF. My belief is that John Logan, this being his first solo effort, will want to create his own villainous threat. He clearly has a passion for the source and if that were me I'd certainly want to create something fresh, not be hamstrung by the actions of a previous writer/director. That's not to say he'll make no reference, but I certainly don't think Logan, and particularly Mendes, will be bothered by the idea of having to tie up their work with QoS. SF proved that there is still life in a standalone Bond movie. He suggests the themes, ideas and characters can continue. This to me is indicative of a willingness to progress the Bond arc, something I'm more than happy to see. My reading is that they will determine the threat first and foremost, and the villain will be built around that. Not the other way around.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited January 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Well said @RC7.
    I don't know to what extent and just how far his contribution to the SF script was but Logan's debut on penning Bond was clearly well-received and as I've been watching the video blogs to the new upcoming penny dreadful series, listening to Logan speak about his knowledge of British literature and what he's trying to do with some if these classics and of course his ability to tap into and understand the richness of such characters and periods gives me great hope on what the possibilities hold for what he can do with a Bond script without additional contributions from previous regulars, Purvis and Wade.

Logan strikes me as a more intelligent and skilled writer than the aforementioned and his close partnership with Mendes, who himself has so many plus qualities as a film maker, makes for Bond 24 the most curious Bond film in what to expect in years. I'm hoping that Logan can really introduce some of the standout and poignant moments that have taken place in the novels and really bring back some more of the benign bizarre elements, which shouldn't be too much if a stretch seeing as what we got in SF with Silva and if course the show he and Mendes are doing.

I think Bond 24 will obviously build on what SF contributed but it will definitely be it's own thing as Logan already mentioned plus Mendes is too intelligent and creative to rehash what he's already done before.
    Now, I'm not saying this as some hyped up and over-zealous Bond fan but I think Bond 24 has the potential and the key talent to really blow us all away.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2014 Posts: 4,415
    RE: All Logan would say was: "You know, I think our villain's appropriate to the story we're telling.

RE: I grew up on the Bond movies. The first one I saw was Diamonds Are Forever, when I was a kid.

At the time of Skyfall, he and Mendes make clear DAF and LALD be one of there favorite Bond movies. Skyfall have more LALD elements. Mabey Bond 24 wil have more elements of DAF. Inpspecialy iam curious or wil have the train scene from DAF novel who include
    Felix Leiter
    . What i think be intresting since my first view of QOS, because i think people look over it be train station scene and
    that guy who walk to the train.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Well said @RC7.
    .... gives me great hope on what the possibilities hold for what he can do with a Bond script without additional contributions from previous regulars, Purvis and Wade.

Logan strikes me as a more intelligent and skilled writer than the aforementioned .....

Now, I'm not saying this as some hyped up and over-zealous Bond fan but I think Bond 24 has the potential and the key talent to really blow us all away.

Hope springs eternal I guess. For all we know it was his contributions (coupled with Mendes) to SF that's made it that pothole feast. Also his works in the past don't give very much reason to dance yet. Admittedly I haven't seen all of his works, but those I have were lackluster at best, not to speak of Star Trek nemesis which is the low point of the series (which says a lot!).Since I'm sure somebody is going to mention Gladiator soon, let me point out that it is nothing but a shameless rip off of "The Fall of the Roman Empire " from 1964 plus lots of special effects at the end. I'm afraid that the only positive aspect of him penning the next Bond movie is, that many will realize how much better than their reputation P&W actually were. It is worth noting that the only script they were writing without too many "contributions and suggestions" (TWINE) from fellow writers and directors is still the last Bond movie with a complete logical storyline (and was the first for long time, for that matter). I write "too many" because I guess that John Clease for example was a given which they just had to introduce, whether they liked it or not.
    Do we have this? It seems like it - but I can't see the link.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/17/james-bond-writer-john-logan-intends-bond-24-and-25-to-build-on-what-they-did-in-skyfall

They bought back the Blofeld rights.
    Blofeld - " Did ya miss me"
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm okay with B24 continuing where Skyfall left off as It pretty much said "Classic Bond is back."
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 316
    I'm not sure how, story-wise at least, you could build on Skyfall's plot. It seemed pretty self-contained to me, much like that of Goldfinger.
    Also, what if Mr. White turned out to be Blofeld? Jesper Christensen would make a great Blofeld, but I don't think this would work. Just something to consider, maybe.
    I'm not sure how, story-wise at least, you could build on Skyfall's plot.

He said the themes and characters from Skyfall would carry over, not the plot.
    I for one would like to see Kincade return for a brief scene. Maybe see what's he's up too then Bond off to his new mission.
    Murdock wrote:
    I for one would like to see Kincade return for a brief scene. Maybe see what's he's up too then Bond off to his new mission.
    ONLY if they can beat 'You jumped up little ____' .
    Virage wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    ONLY if they can beat 'You jumped up little ____' .

Shouldn't be too hard. ;)
    He has a love of fleming which to me indicates maybe a fleming title... one can hope

I think if Quantum is never brought back then it will be the biggest mistake in the 50+ years bond has been around
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Sam Mendes got questioned about Bond 24 and he answered that the movie will begin "in earnest" in April.

Link:
    http://www.tjbd.co.uk/news/bond-24-will-begin-in-earnest-in-april.htm
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yes, a very good article. Makes me all the more excited for Bond24!
    This is around the time that work normally begins and we should start to hear news. It will give Daniel time to have a break to after his play, unless he gets that film made before October too.

Thanks @MrBond.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Didn't pre-production stat earlier for Skyfall? Considering all the rumours we got around January/February 2011 that turned out to be true.
    Apart from that though things were sparse until much later on. Last time the script was in such good shape, offers went out straight away, as soon as the film was back on. This time that may not happen for another month or two.