Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I didn't rush through either of the storylines, either, but the missions were pretty much the majority of what was added in the DLC, so there wasn't much else to do aside from a few side activities. Games like AC3 and 'Bioshock: Infinite' have added story mission add-ons, and other online shooters have added map packs with massive maps, challenges, and new weapons, but I wouldn't consider those separate games, either.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I didn't rush through them either, they were just that short. (Also, the obviousness of them being set in Liberty City because they were called the Episodes from Liberty City did not escape me. They, obviously, would not have been called Episodes from Liberty City had they not been set in Liberty City.) Most of the missions in The Lost and The Damned were "Ride to this place with your gang and have a shootout". The way they tied together was interesting, and when you look at the story as a whole, it's great. After that, though, you're still left with that same boring GTA4 rendition of Liberty City that's so full of life and so dead all at the same time.
  • oo7oo7
    as bond gaming fans, what games are you most looking forward to? is there a franchise or type of gameplay you've been missing?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want a Bond game where I can explore every inch of a level, absorb the fine work put into the design of the levels. I'd like game where you can switch from 1st person to 3rd whenever you want. (Like the original Hitman games.)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    I want a Bond game where I can explore every inch of a level, absorb the fine work put into the design of the levels. I'd like game where you can switch from 1st person to 3rd whenever you want. (Like the original Hitman games.)
    That's a cool idea, so that the FPS and 3rd person gamers each get what they want.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    That's a cool idea, so that the FPS and 3rd person gamers each get what they want.

Yeah that's why I loved the Hitman games so much. Put some Bond Music on in the background and they are pretty much Bond games. :)
  • oo7oo7
    would anyone be adverise to a game layout like far cry being devloped, a whole island to unravel and badguy like dr no to take down?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • I think I'd rather have them make an fps game and a tps at the same time, different games totally as well. And you can take your pick of the two, quite honestly I'm a fan of both styles, so I would pick them up, but I know some are fps or tps only players. They kind of did this when they released Bloodstone and Goldeneye
  • oo7oo7
    why not both, fallout, hitman have all shown that is valid both can exist in the same title
  • Bond's a spy not a soldier so I think it's more suited for tps but I like fps too. I loved Bloodstone and I just finished Splinter Cell: Blacklist and I think if Ubisoft were given the license for Bond that they could do something amazing with it.
    Yes, Bond's a spy and not a soldier, but his primary perspective in gaming has been first-person. GoldenEye (N64) was pretty decent with stealth, however.
    I've been away from this site for a while. Do we know of any developers / publishers with the Bond license yet? I picked up a PS4 and would love a solid Bond game.
    It was announced in February 2013 that Activision would be backing away from licensed games, so they won't have control of the Bond games anymore. That's about it, no other word on any rumored/in development Bond titles currently.
    I want a new bond title though!
    Risico007 wrote:

I want a new Bond title that wows and amazes me, but it looks like that won't happen for a long, long time. I'd like to see Activision losing the title as a "fresh start," of sorts, so whoever does end up retrieving the license makes something for the fans, not some generic shoot-em-up that doesn't have any replayability whatsoever.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

I want a new Bond title that wows and amazes me, but it looks like that won't happen for a long, long time. I'd like to see Activision losing the title as a "fresh start," of sorts, so whoever does end up retrieving the license makes something for the fans, not some generic shoot-em-up that doesn't have any replayability whatsoever.

I have a horrible feeling in my gut that no matter which developer gets the licence next, we're going to get the same poor quality Bond games. Games which are rushed through development in order to tie in with the latest film. Although given how poor the sales figures for 007 Legends was, you'd like to think that they'll learn from this and give the game the proper love and attention it deserves. Somehow though, I doubt it.
    @WillyGalore, they really should, but it's highly doubtful that that is how it'll happen. You know what they should do, let a proper developer get the license now and get a great story, gameplay, multiplayer, everything. Then, when 'Bond 24' is released and they KNOW how the film goes down, let them make some DLC off of the film. THAT would make me happy.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, they really should, but it's highly doubtful that that is how it'll happen. You know what they should do, let a proper developer get the license now and get a great story, gameplay, multiplayer, everything. Then, when 'Bond 24' is released and they KNOW how the film goes down, let them make some DLC off of the film. THAT would make me happy.

"We all have our dreams" ;-)
    I know it's not as loved, but one of the best Bond games I've ever played was QoS: how did that one manage to be so excellent? Really enjoyed the storyline, had one incredibly addictive multiplayer, it was a blast and worth every penny.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    This is a one year old article .. I really feel bored of not having any news of a bond game .. Specially when we have new consoles on the market now : http://business.financialpost.com/2013/02/13/an-open-letter-to-anyone-considering-making-a-james-bond-video-game/?__lsa=0f40-f601
  • I'm going to go crazy if somebody doesn't announce a new Bond game soon :P
    B24 time seems the earliest at the moment, we don't have a publisher. But If we get it then it will be a rush-job. I just want one that's not rushed and put together by some one who gives a :-L (Yes I'm looking at 007 Legends, because I'm sure the writers didn't see the films they where using.)
  • Ya 007 Legends literally just looked like it was thrown together :-L
    I would hate for 007 legends to be the final Craig game.
  • Same, I would love another game like Blood Stone.
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/68882/walking-dead-developer-would-love-to-make-a-james-bond-game/
    Heads up, telltale just started talking bond, first developer to talk on the subject since the rights lapsed!
    "I'm always frustrated by games that make him a mass murderer."
    ok I like Telltale games I have no problem with them grabbing Bond
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I'd be very happy with this. The Walking Dead is brilliant and he summed up the problem with the games so far perfectly. Bond isn't just a hand with a gun. There's so much more to the character and by making shooter after shooter you're wasting potential.

If Telltale made a Bond game I'm sure it'd be the best one yet.