Cash in the attic!?

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited July 2011 in Merchandise Posts: 642
Tell us your best ever Bond 'find' whilst shopping around.

For me it was a 1st edition hardback of Dr No in a charity shop for 50p!! It's safely under lock and key.:-)

Comments

• ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    If I were you I'd keep an eye on that charity shop!
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    you make this thread to brag ? Because i have nothing !!! 8-X
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    you make this thread to brag ? Because i have nothing !!! 8-X
    Err...not at all, just interesting to know what gems people have come across. If you've not got anything, get looking, you would be surprised what people seem to clearout. All the best with your search. :-)
  • For me it'd probably have to be the first twenty Bond films all on VHS in a collection for just a tenner (£10), i found them advertised in a local newspaper from someone who doesn't live that far :D
  • There's only one thing I can think of and it's not an "official" Bond find...I found an expensive navy blue Harrington jacket exactly like the one from Quantum of Solace on sale for super cheap just when the film came out. A couple of months afterwards I saw replica stores on the web selling versions that were not as close as mine but for five times what I paid for. Happily I get a load of compliments on it from fans and non-fans alike.

A friend of mine once got an original TB poster for a reasonable price which was astounding as it was in mint condition - it had never been folded for storage. This was 20 years ago; I should look it up and see what it's worth now.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Got hold of a copy of The Bond Affair by Umberto Eco et al from the sixties from my local library. Went and told them I'd lost it and paid their nominal £1.50 fine.

Currently it retails for £205 on e-bay and Amazon. One to hang onto for the pension. Cashback!
    I've got posters of all the films from GE onwards

BUT...........

They all say Copyright Fox 2008 in the corner (Although this may be different with QOS)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 642
    Got hold of a copy of The Bond Affair by Umberto Eco et al from the sixties from my local library. Went and told them I'd lost it and paid their nominal £1.50 fine.

Currently it retails for £205 on e-bay and Amazon. One to hang onto for the pension. Cashback!
    lol. I'm pretty sure that falls within the SPECTRE acronym somewhere!!! :-)
  • Got hold of a copy of The Bond Affair by Umberto Eco et al from the sixties from my local library. Went and told them I'd lost it and paid their nominal £1.50 fine.

I have a friend who used to get his books the same way.

I managed to get my copy in the 60s, when I worked at WH Smith, it was in their sale so got it quite cheap too.

Probably my best "find" was a few years ago, the Licence to Kill hardback (second one as I'd already got one, ordered the original before it was published), which I bought with the intention of selling it, I made 1,500% profit on it.

That is stealing and you sound proud about it?

Really impressive....