SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bradford4 wrote:
    I really really have a good feeling that this time its going to finally be RISICO. The name evokes such exoticness and mystery... It'd be a perfect match for Dapper Dan.

What makes you think that's what they'll name it?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Trust him, he just knows. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Trust him, he just knows. ;)

Well, if that's the case...

'Wave Link.'
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 9,730
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    That contradicts what he earlier said about the start of shooting.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    The information continues to be that there is no information. Either way I hope that M doesn't have any kind of "journey" in Bond 24. Just let him take over as M and sit in the office being M.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    I really really have a good feeling that this time its going to finally be RISICO. The name evokes such exoticness and mystery... It'd be a perfect match for Dapper Dan.

What makes you think that's what they'll name it?

I never claimed anything as fact... it is an observation or guess.. all we have to go on at this point. Its my feeling.

Amadeus was a play, and an amazing great film, in my opinion. I do recommend the film highly. I just never saw the play, although I think it won many awards. This was decades ago.

The play is great too. Different, but great.

and what does she say?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As it's a video I too have been unable to listen to it yet.

It's great to see this film being talked about as an entity at last.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2013 Posts: 11,139
    The interesting about what Babs had to say was, regarding the idea if a female Bond/spy. As diplomatic as she was in giving her opinion, she's quite right in thinking it doesn't seem like something that will work and I also too her answer as applicable to a race change if the character. We're not going to get a female Bond and we're not going to get a Bobd that isn't a white man. End of.

As for Bond 24, not much was said other than Sam Mendes is the key to following on from the success of SF.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I also too her answer as applicable to a race change if the character.

Haven't watched the video, does she actually mention this or are you assuming? I wouldn't be surprised if a black Bond was cast in the future. The series could potentially go on forever so I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen at some point.

A female Bond will never happen and that's a good thing too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    She didn't mention anything about race; only the idea of a female Bond. Personally, I don't think a race change is needed at all for sustaining the series for at least another 50 years. Bond himself is immune to such things. The people around him may change as has been the case but Bond changing race isn't going to happen any time soon in my estimation.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't think it'd be needed, but if a black actor aced the audition then I don't think the producers would be against casting him.

Personally I don't mind either way. If the character remains white for the rest of his time on screen then I'm fine with that. If his race eventually changes then I'm fine with that too. It's not something I think needs to happen but I'd be happy if it did.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They should cast anyone who aces it, like Craig did. Not the same as changing ethnics just for the sake of it.
  • I'm not white and I'm not one of those PC heads who want a non-white/minority Bond. Can't we just leave Fleming's concept of Bond's character alone? I'm ok with changing the race of the supporting characters (Moneypenny, Leiter or even M).

If anyone wants a Black, Asian, Latino, or Jewish "Bond," then just create a new novel or film series.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There isn't that much Bond 24 talk at all to be honest. The interview asks Barbara if she thinks her and the team can follow up Skyfall with a great film, she said they had Mendes and was confident they would, but we'd have to wait until 2015 to see. Other talk includes her discussing her father's influence on her, her passion for producing, speaking on killing off M and her favorite Bond moments. This all occurs within the first ten minutes if you click the link.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    If anyone wants a Black, Asian, Latino, or Jewish "Bond," then just create a new novel or film series.

They didn't make a new series when they turned the character into a one liner spouting gadget wielding playboy, or a short blonde muscular man, or an Irish action hero, etc. None of the actors really look like Flemings Bond anyway.

Ian Fleming's concept of Bond's character was changed a long, long time ago. After all the change he's been through up until now, I don't think changing Bonds race would be that big a deal. I'm not a "PC head", I'm just looking at things logically. If you're a Fleming purist then fine but if you like the cinematic Bond, and if all these other changes they've made to the character are fine, why is changing his race such a massive issue?

Basically, if you don't want a black Bond because that's not what Fleming wrote him as then fair enough, but don't turn around after that and talk about how brilliant Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan was or how you want more gadgets and OTT stuff in Bond 24.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly. To me the one essential thing about Bond is that he is British. Any skin color, from any locale, but British.

As far as Bond 24, it just feels like it's time we got thrown some actual real news. I feel a little impatient now. Any genuine news, no matter how small, would be welcome ("Hey! The same catering company is coming back!"). Well, maybe not that small. I am assuming Deakins will be on board - but oh how I want that confirmed.

I know things play out along the same lines as with some previous Bond films, as to when things are announced; I'm just getting a tad grumpy now. I'd really like to hear something soon that is not a rumor.
    We've come this far, hold on to your patience. In a few days, 2014 will be upon us, and we can finally say that 'Bond 24' will start shooting this year. Then, before you know it, we'll get our rumors, confirmed casting, plot, title, etc., a press conference, and then it'll start filming.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    We've come this far, hold on to your patience. In a few days, 2014 will be upon us, and we can finally say that 'Bond 24' will start shooting this year. Then, before you know it, we'll get our rumors, confirmed casting, plot, title, etc., a press conference, and then it'll start filming.

That's true, and really cool, now that I think about it. And it's been over a year since Skyfall was released. How the time flies!
    @Soundofthesinners, it feels like just yesterday I was watching the trailer one last time before going to see it at midnight.
    I don't find the actual link right now, but the date is genuine and maybe some news will come up then. I expect Daniel to be there, too.

Barbara Broccoli honoured on Jan. 19
    Since Sony and Co were moaning...never mind who gets what. Its A LOT of money.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of SmaugSUNDAY, 1:00 PM: As Sony touted that it had passed the $3 billion worldwide mark this weekend with $1.9B internationally to add to its already hefty $1.119B domestic take, all eyes internationally were on Warner Bros.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/international-box-office-sony-3b-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-frozen-despicable-me-2-47-ronin/
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,593
    Bounine wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    We learn in Skyfall that Bond is addicted to pain medication and alcohol. He's a tortured and grizzled lost soul. Why not expand of that? Perhaps in the PTS he wrecks his car drunk driving, or takes the life of an innocent pedestrian. Bond's quest for redemption.

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not laughing at you but your post made me laugh. It would probably be taking the outcomes of his alcoholism a bit far but it's an amusing idea all the same. ;) I have a black sense of humour. I see what you're getting at though and I do think they need to expand on Bond's follies but in a less drastic fashion. I really wish that these wonderful scenes in SF when Bond was brooding on the beach had have been longer.

I can see where your coming from but I'm not entirely convinced with the idea. I don't think Bond should kill an innocent person because he's drunk behind the wheel. It would make the film far less a 'Bond adventure' and more an arthouse-indie affair. Bond movies are still meant to be thrilling and exciting and they shouldn't be totally introverted and psychological. Bond is at it's best when these two ideas are bought together and I think CR and SF have really demonstrated this.

I actually think it was a good decision of Mendes to get Bond off the beach as quickly as possible. The movie was about half-an-hour in when he gets back to London and it's not like he gets his mojo back immediately. I for one much preferred seeing the out-of-shape 007 back at mi6 opposed to sitting brooding alone in Turkey somewhere.

There is two scenes I'd love to see from Fleming's books regarding Bond's drinking:

- In OHMSS Bond takes a break during the ski chase to neck some booze. He does it not only to keep warm but also to give himself a little jolt of confidence. This is such a good scene and would really cement to the audience that Bond has a drink problem.

-The other is in YOLT with Bond on the park-bench having essentially given up at Mi6 and he sits in Regents Park looking at his watch grateful that that in only 2 hours he can finally get a drink.

These small moments I think would add some real depth to his character and fit perfectly with DC's Bond.

I agree, I think they would make for good scenes. Even if Bond drinking schnapps in the snow did come across as "jokey" it would still work but just as a comedic scene.

In terms of when he's sitting in Queen Mary's rose garden (I went and sat in this exact place a few years ago and drank a couple of beers :) ) he would have to either be drinking or there would be some dialogue regarding Bond wanting a drink in 2 hours time.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Germanlady wrote:
    I don't find the actual link right now, but the date is genuine and maybe some news will come up then. I expect Daniel to be there, too.

Barbara Broccoli honoured on Jan. 19

Sorry I miss that.

When, Why, What???
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    The award will be presented at the 25th Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Sunday, January 19th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    walter1985 wrote:
    The award will be presented at the 25th Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Sunday, January 19th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Thanks! Expecting lots of interviews then...
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    me too. and i'm expecting a lot of vague answers ;-)