The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    profilefb11_zpsa7b9d4dd.jpg

a custom Fast & Furious logo I made...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @haserot, that's really good work, and one that I could see being used. Did anyone else (not sure if it's been talked about already, since I'm not sure how old the rumor is or who all I've spoken to about it) hear that they might use Paul Walker's brother for some scenes in F&F7? He really does look a lot like him.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    yeah i heard that rumor as well... i guess it could work, for scenes that require him to be in the distance, or possible behind/over the shoulder shots - then they digitally graft Paul's face onto his if need be...

i'm still not sure if I like that - because I would feel cheated... I really really don't envy the position James Wan is in right now... but I trust him, Chris Morgan and Vin will come to the best possible decision on what to do...

it may sound morbid - but i think the only logical way to remove his character from the franchise would be to kill him off..... not in a meaningless way mind you - but if there is a way they could have him go out in a heroic way.. - because we've already established in the previous films that no matter what, Brian and Dom are like brothers - and Brian regardless of having a son or not would not turn his back on Dom and let him go off to do anything on his own... so to have his character just all of sudden hang it up and drive off into the sunset doesn't make much sense... his death would be a very poetic exit - considering his comments in Fast 5 about growing up not knowing who his father was, or if his father even cared... we know Brian does care about the guys, Mia and his son, so if he were to sacrifice himself for his family - then i could live with that.

but.... part of me would like to see his character have a happy ending as well...

its tough.
    According to the Entertainment Tonight programme, the producers are trying to see if they have enough footage of the scene's he's already filmed and are hoping to give him a happy ending that way..Not sure if it's true or not though..
    there are varying reports on how much exactly Paul had filmed.. and i've just about all of them - ranging from he had only filmed a small handful of scenes to 90% of his scenes, the reporting has been a disaster lol...

from what i can gather from reputable sources, Paul did have the majority of scenes completed - but he had yet to film a couple "key" scenes just involving his character, as well as some driving stuff.... obviously, if these scenes weren't important then they'd easily scrap them and move on - but it's obvious his scenes had some significance to the advancement of the plot... and this is where it gets tricky, because films are traditionally filmed out of order - so how much can they rewrite without cutting into what he already filmed?... like i said, i don't envy James Wan right now...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Vin Diesel said that F&F 7 will start a new trilogy, so we can probably expect an 8th and 9th film!!!
    of course... there is talks of going up to a 10th... but for sure there will be an 8th and 9th...

i've always wanted Carter Verone (from 2Fast) to come back as a baddie for them to have to take down again... i always thought a revenge angle with him would be interesting - but i can't see them doing that with the 8th film - a revenge plot followed by a revenge plot would get tired.
    @haserot, that would be nice, but he wasn't incredibly menacing from the get-go. I wouldn't mind seeing him return, though.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @haserot, that would be nice, but he wasn't incredibly menacing from the get-go. I wouldn't mind seeing him return, though.

he had glimpses of what the character could be, and the type of performance he could deliver, Cole Hauser isn't that bad of an actor - like in the rat torture scene and when he finds out Monica was a Customs Agent.... so if he directed by someone like either Justin Lin or James Wan, and not John Singleton, i think he would fare much better..... because as it is, John Singleton cared more about making the cars the stars of that film than the actors - and the script itself was very weak as well.
    Cole really isn't a bad actor. In fact, I think he's underrated and I wish we could see him in more.
    Wow. Just finished 'Fast Five' and I got to the main menu of my Extended Edition 'Fast & Furious 6' blu-ray, and it had a first look at the seventh film, which was a 60-90 second clip from the film. Pretty intense stuff, had no idea they shot enough to make an entire clip for the blu-ray already. It was awesome. I'll add the gist of it in a spoiler tag, because it's a big spoiler from the sixth film:
    We see a picture of Han next to a casket in a graveyard, and it's a bunch of people attending his funeral. It pans back and there is Diesel, Walker, Ludacris, and Gibson. Diesel goes up and shares a few words to himself with the casket, and he looks over and you see an Aston Martin slowly pull in to view. He's eyeballing it and it keeps cutting back and forth between Diesel, the Aston Martin, and then Walker, Ludacris, and Gibson. Gibson is saying how he can't handle anymore funerals, and Walker says that they're being hunted. Someone says that they think he's out there, watching, and as Diesel starts to walk off (I think he's walking to the Aston Martin), Walker reassures Gibson that there's only going to be one more funeral: "his," alluding to Jason Statham's character, who is the one in the Aston Martin. Pretty intense stuff.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn that's kind if eerie considering.
    Universal has moved the date back to April 10th, 2015:

http://bit.ly/198v2vd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

When was it supposed to be released?
    Creasy47 wrote:

July 2014.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

July 2014.

Wow, almost a whole year back.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,371
    Yeah, but it gives them a proper amount of time for rewrites/reshoots/the minuscule possibility of them scrapping all of the footage and starting fresh/the minuscule possibility of them having to do post-production work when they use a double/use Paul Walker's brother. There's lots of rumors and possibilities floating about, so overall, gives them enough time to concoct the best solution, the best film, in the most respectful way possible.

EDIT: It appears that they are not going the route of writing Paul Walker's character out of the film, and that he will remain as a starring role in the seventh movie.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Fast and Furious 7 resumed filming today after a four month break. Production will continue until May. The film is released on 10th April 2015.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    EDIT: It appears that they are not going the route of writing Paul Walker's character out of the film, and that he will remain as a starring role in the seventh movie.

I actually applaud that move... it might have been easier to scrap everything and start from scratch, but keeping him in the film - and thus allowing his character to 'ride off into the sunset'.... it gives us, as fans of his, closure... we may not have ever known him personally - but in a way, it's like we as fans grew up with him....

I'm surprised there isn't a topic about this action thriller franchise yet. In all honesty, I couldn't care so much about the first four outings. Especially the first three outings had a lack of storyline, were suffering from the absence of certain actors, were filmed on rather lacklustre locations, and most importantly did not have that sense of "family" yet.

I think this changed with "Furious 5" and "Furious 6". Perhaps it had to do with the inclusion of better, more "international flair". In a way, they were starting to look like well-written team efforts, in which the team had to cancel out a Bond-esque villain. I like to think that it became more a mix of the suave "Mission: Impossible"-franchise and the bad-ass looking "Expendables"-franchise. Also, it was interesting to see how many times we saw deliberate Bond references in "Furious 5" and "6".

The stunts? Off course, they are completely over the top. But for the "Furious"-franchise I think that's fitting. They take one Bond stunt sequence (car flying off a building in "TND", or falling off an airplane in "DAD"), combine it with another "Mission: Impossible"-stunt (Ethan Hunt hanging on the Burj Khalifa or an airplane), and expand on it, making it look absolutely bad-ass :-P.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to see such stunts in the current Bond-franchise. It's a whole different thing. But such stunts in the hands of the Furious-team kind of works way better. And because of that, I think the "Furious"-franchise deserves its own topic (I have been searching on here, and I couldn't find an original topic).

How will "Furious 7" score? I think it's an underestimated 1 Billion Dollar-film in the making. Especially since Paul Walker tragically died. Also Sony/MGM/Eon knows that, as they really wanted to release the "SPECTRE"-trailer, so it could be attached to screenings of "Furious 7". Tonight I'm going to see the film, and I'll give you my thoughts.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    It's getting great reviews from what I hear. I'm looking forward to see it tomorrow most likely. I'm also curious as to see what they did with Paul Walker's character, since he died not even midway through filming. I was never really in to the FAF films, however this one looks especially good. Also looking forward to see the SPECTRE trailer in theatres. ;)
    Yup, I really think since "Furious 5" the movies have become better. Expanding slightly more on drama, better acting, a true sense of team effort/family effort, combined with some Bond-esque flair and Expendables-esque bad-ass moments.
    Also interesting to see the development in ratings through the course of 7 movies on Rotten Tomatoes:

--> 2001, 53%: "The Fast And The Furious"
    --> 2003, 36%: "2 Fast 2 Furious"
    --> 2006, 37%: "The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift" (3rd film)
    --> 2009, 28%: "Fast & Furious" (4th film)
    --> 2011, 78%: "Fast Five" (5th film)
    --> 2013, 68%: "Fast & Furious 6"
    --> 2015, 83%: "Furious 7"
    The Fast & Furious franchise is truly unique. Starts out 13 years ago as a car-centric remake of Point Break followed up by pretty uninspired sequels which came and went without anyone noticing. And then BOOM - Fast & Furious 5. An incredible and OTT spectacle that was 1000000 better than the previous installments. Then came 6 - almost as good, and now 7. Bizzare that it took 5 movies before it turned into a world wide phenomenon
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Yup, I really think since "Furious 5" the movies have become better. Expanding slightly more on drama, better acting, a true sense of team effort/family effort, combined with some Bond-esque flair and Expendables-esque bad-ass moments.

Agreed. They've seen to been improving over time. I think the film makers could have been influenced by the actions movie transformation from straitforward popcorn flicks to more gritty, suspenseful, dramatic stories in the past decade (starting with Bourne, the Bond reboot, etc.)
    QBranch wrote: »

The last post from that topic is from April 2014!! How do you search on this! I searched in the "search field" for "furious" and I couldn't find the actual topic. Instead I got other topics in which the movies from the franchise were discussed. So I couldn't find it. It's really a problem I have with this forum :-/ .

Anyway, I suggest continuing in here, as this is a separate topic about the film. We also create separate topics about each individual Mission: Impossible-film no?
    I wrote this in the last movie you've seen in cinema:
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Furious 7

..eh..I liked Fast 6 better..this one was more of a mess... Enjoyable fun movie, with AMAZING tribute to Paul Walker but the action scenes were too over the top..I like over the top but the director/editor/whatever did not do a great job..

I liked how the movie went to few exotic locations..it reminded me of Bond..and well Furious franchise might be the next big franchise that people will wait in line to see much like Bond..one might argue it is already a huge francise..

But yeah.. 7/10 from me cause of the Walker tribute..the plot is too convoluted for its own good IMHO..Fast 6 was more "basic"

If you are fan of the franchise you should see the movie. It's not a bad movie, and it has a lot of enjoyable things about it but it could have been better.

edit: I forgot 2 things:

first the title of the movie is Furious 7..and yet when the movie started it was named as Fast and Furious 7...is this a thing where the movie is named differently in the countries (like Captain America: Winter Soldier and his list or ?)

And 2nd:

Vin Diesel announced there will be another one of these movies and it will be set in New York..I kinda liked them being in Rio and London..well..let's hope seeing a movie set in US again won't be boring :D

I want to add that I think this franchise can gain a thing or two with Rated R rating
    Just left the cinema. OK, WTF, this was good. Emotional resonant.