Anyone ever acted before???

edited December 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 13
Hey guys.
If you had read my very first post in the introduce yourself page for new members, I stated that I'm intro drama and acting and alike. I'm only in an amateur drama group, in which a couple of plays are put on every year, however, I would like to be an actor professionally.
Anyway, I just wanted to know if other people on here have, or are doing, the same sort of thing???

Comments

I did some acting on stage and once on radio, albeit not professionally.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,687
    I've acted in student films (mostly kung-fu stuff & movie spoofs, including one James Bond one), some independents, and did stunt work in Toxic Avenger IV.
    I played a role on a high school play and that's it. It was fun because I imitated the European Spanish accent (at least it is fun in a Latin American country.)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I act in my own amateur videos.

chrisisall wrote:
    I've acted in student films (mostly kung-fu stuff & movie spoofs, including one James Bond one), some independents, and did stunt work in Toxic Avenger IV.

Show us! :D
    Murdock wrote:

Here's a Star Wars one (I'm Luke):
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Here's a Star Wars one (I'm Luke):

That's really good. It looked and felt like a real commercial. Great work to everyone involved. :)
    Another:

I was stunts on this.

No more on Youtube I'm afraid.
  • Im trying to survive as an actor just now actually, Iv posted it on here before but il put it on again if you want to check it out here is my acting showreel.

Pretty good David.
  • Cheers , if anyone lives in Sheffield or Leeds I will be doin a play in those cities in March if your interested?
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Yes I did lots of extra work back in the day. Although none of it rated as acting, but for one scene in a movie called The Ruling Passion (at least that's what it was called during filming. I do believe it was released under a different title), in which myself and another young guy played a pair of drunk sailors, outfitted in full unforms.
    We were required to stumble out of a doorway and bump into Richard Crenna, who was looking for his daughter in this disreputable establishment that we were exiting.
    We shot the scene a few times. Crenna and I were tight, for maybe 15 minutes, co-workers if you will. ;)
    As Crenna pushed past us, we carried on down the steps, and along the street where we were directed to pester the hooker extras, who were directed to rebuff us.
    These efforts, which challenged the depths of my thespian abilities, seemed to be above and beyond the call for extra work. I almost demanded a full actors union rate. Kidding obviously, as movie sets don't put up with such bs. They would fire you on the spot for being a pain in the ass.
    As fascinating as it was to "work" with the great Crenna though, I was far more interested in hanging out with the numerous hooker extras which populated the set. Good times!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I played in a couple of short films in the late 90s. One was shown at an international short film festival in Finland and also before the local screening of the Stallone flick Daylight. The other was a mockumentary produced for aTV channel who got cold feet at the last minute, thinking people might take it seriously, so it was never aired. It is lots of fun, but also more hard work than people realize. I was also picked out for one of the main parts in a huge Norwegian action thriller, but the director was contacted by Hollywood instead and the project was cancelled. Just as well, as I might not have met my wife otherwise or gotten my wonderful son. I am happy it turned out as it did.
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    I've put on puppeteering shows before if that counts. It actually takes quite a bit of muscle to work some of these puppets.
    I may be going on an acting class tonight.