Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It'll be interesting to see it if he does play the Terminator, because it's rare that we get to see him play a bad guy.

@QBranch, that link you posted, I think the image on the far left is just an image of Dwayne, :)).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @QBranch, that link you posted, I think the image on the far left is just an image of Dwayne, :)).
    Yeah, I googled his name, but that image is all that came up :))
    i am guessing its either about the video game systems part in the end of the world or the prog rock band
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see it if he does play the Terminator, because it's rare that we get to see him play a bad guy.

There's a good reason for that... *cough*The Mummy Returns*cough*.
    Creasy47 wrote:

*shudders* Shhhh, don't talk about that expertly crafted CGI. Actually, when I said that, I wasn't even thinking 'The Mummy Returns,' but 'Doom.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

*shudders* Shhhh, don't talk about that expertly crafted CGI. Actually, when I said that, I wasn't even thinking 'The Mummy Returns,' but 'Doom.'

I live in a world where Doom the movie never existed.. Its a happier world
    @Risico007, same, but 'bad guy' and 'Doom' usually go hand-in-hand when I think of Dwayne Johnson.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    talking about The Mummy Returns... that is also getting rebooted too, isn't it? less humour, more horror, no Brendan Fraser
    It won't surprise me if they reboot 'The Mummy' films, and I do recall reading something about it a little while back. Everything gets a reboot or remake or sequel eventually, it seems.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The Mummy is released in the US on 22nd April 2016.

As for Terminator, it doesn't interest me. I really think it's had its day.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I find moments I enjoy in both 'Rise of the Machines' and 'Salvation,' but really, it should've just ended after 'Judgment Day.'
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

G*ddamnit! I had actually gotten to a point where I forgot that I spent the $7.50 to go see that movie in theaters... Wait... both of them actually...
    That's very upsetting. I've seen both, but it was a long, long time ago and I don't remember how. I can only assume I spent money on both, so don't feel bad.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 4,813
    I read that the new series will involve a 'key event' from the first movie going differently. Not sure if they mean a plain old retcon, or perhaps more time travel to the same spot, sort of like Back to the Future II

The big rumor is Reese surviving
    Reese surviving could be interesting, or it could be that it's like T2 where whoever THE Terminator is ends up working with Sarah and Reese while fighting off another cyborg or something.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I find moments I enjoy in both 'Rise of the Machines' and 'Salvation,' but really, it should've just ended after 'Judgment Day.'

I think it should have ended after the first. It was a neat scifi movie, self-contained, it didn't need a sequel that mainly repeated the first.
    I read that the new series will involve a 'key event' from the first movie going differently. Not sure if they mean a plain old retcon, or perhaps more time travel to the same spot, sort of like Back to the Future II

The big rumor is Reese surviving

I have a sinking feeling about that.
    John will be quite old, then. I love Clarke, I think he's really underrated. So going off of that article, is Arnold set to play the Terminator and I guess I can end the hopefulness of Dwayne Johnson joining the cast?
    They talk of this being the first of a trilogy but I can't see this film being a success, so we'll just be left with another 'Part 1'. I don't even know why it's being made, Terminator as a name died out long ago. It will only get crushed and be another 3 and 4.

What is the strategy behind making this film, apart from that they can?
    That's what I'm tired of. Same with 'Salvation': end it on a cliffhanger of sorts (from what I recall), then I suppose it didn't do too well or wasn't highly rated? I don't know, but then they don't continue it, so it was all for nothing. I think studios get really overzealous with new 'trilogies' that they should just go with one and see how it does.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Can we get a remake of Cameron's old film "Avatar"?
    chrisisall wrote:

The one from the 1800's? Just as long as they remake the equally-old 'The Hobbit' trilogy and 'Skyfall.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    The one from the 1800's? Just as long as they remake the equally-old 'The Hobbit' trilogy and 'Skyfall.'
    Yeah, it's been long enough since those came out as well.

And see- this is why Lucas tinkered with Star Wars. So anyone thinking remake would just shrug and say, "Nah, he just remade it himself. Again."

:))
  • To be honest, I'd prefer any new films to stand on their own, rather than keep shitting on the first two like the last couple of sequels did.
    Does 'Star Wars' even warrant a new trilogy? Just seems like a bout of wanting to throw out some hype and make another billion dollars or so. The last three films seemed to be pretty hated on.
    Lucas has said going back to '77 it was a nine or twelve film story and later confirmed nine with each trilogy focusing on a generation of the Skywaler's, so I suppose it's only right we get his ending - thankfully not written by him.
    Ahh, okay, I didn't know that. I really don't follow the 'Star Wars' films, I doubt I'll even see the new one in theaters. It's been many years since I've seen one of them and I don't remember anything from them.
    Y'know, I heard all those rumors of Salvation being the first part of a trilogy, but I honestly felt that it was pretty stand-alone. It didn't feel like it ended on a cliffhanger, like others have said.
    Y'know, I heard all those rumors of Salvation being the first part of a trilogy, but I honestly felt that it was pretty stand-alone. It didn't feel like it ended on a cliffhanger, like others have said.
    I read an account of the original 'surprise' ending before it was outed, and subsequently changed to what it finally became. It would have been a cliffhanger of sorts, and it would have sucked big time IMO. As is, the movie works well for me as a stand alone tale.