Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Taken the liberty and created a poll for the thread, peeps. :)

I'm aiming to write a piece on my blog for Raiders' 30th anniversary come the early summer. Planning to re-watch all four and write reviews then too.

Can't beat a bit of Indy... well, unless it's with a bit of Bond that is.* :p

* And inless it's LTK, of course ;)
    I'm one of those people who like ToD more than Raiders. Don't know why, but I love ToD.

Raiders - 10/10
    Temple - 10/10
    Crusade - 9/10
    Kingdom - 5/10
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,396
    Please please please don't make any more and certainly not a damn 're-boot'.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39568
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh, they'll make another, don't you worry.

I am seriously starting to wonder if Disney is planning some sort of world takeover. Marvel, Start Wars, Indy. What's next? When will their cinematic onslaught cease?!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Disney took over the world a loooooooong time ago.

Anyway, this is promising news as one can never have enough Hank Jones 'Joonyuur'
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't want another Indy film. I don't want anyone but a young Ford to play the part, I don't want anyone but the top-class Williams scoring and I don't want anyone but a vital Spielberg directing. Hence, I don't want another Indy film.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Oh no. Why can't they leave well enough alone? Please just walk away Harrison. You're too old to be playing Indy and no one else could ever do the role justice. I sure hope they aren't planning a Shia LeBeouf spinoff.
  • Let's hope Disney don't get their hands on our beloved 007 franchise....Oh oh. Bad thought, bad thought. :-&
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Well they wouldn't do this if they weren't going to make another film. And given that even if you start filming tomorrow Harrison is past it so logically we are either talking Indy in the Sean role a la Last Crusade and LeBoeuf doing the action stuff or a complete reboot.

Neither fills me with anything but trepidation.
    Four was one too many.
    Four was three too many, because since it made money, I'm worried they'll squeeze out at least two more to complete the ever so worshipped 'trilogy' formula.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,415
    Situation with Disney is weird. I blame disney for not getting Spider-Man 4. Spider-Man 3 already be a litle bit Disney like Iron Man 2 and Disney get full control on Iron Man 3 and remake Spider-Man with ideas from Sam Raimi.

Iam suprised X-men who is also from Marvel is stil from Fox.Fox and Dreamworks take very long before there doing anouchment of Madagascar 4 who previous be from Dreamworks and Paramount/Universal.

The Bruckheimer movies are now from Paramount, previous from Disney. So iam curious or this mean National Treasure 3 and POTC 5 and 6 be made by Paramount. Of course there possible also mean no new BD release of POTC 4 who get a very disapointed release in my country.
    If they reboot this series, it'll be nothing short of an absolute disaster. Raiders is one of the best films ever and nothing will come anywhere near close to competing with it.
    I am somewhat surprised as I thought they already owned it.

I would welcome a 5th Indy movie with Harrisin Ford.
    Really? Did you not see how terrible the last film was? Ford's now in his seventies for goodness sake. What's the title gonna be, Indiana Jones & The Quest For The Toilet At Three O' Clock In The Morning?
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I enjoyed the 4th one but it was pointless after The Last Crusade ended it so well and Harrison Ford is well past it now.

So we have three possibilities: 1) Harrison Ford returning which would just be embarrassing at this point, 2) Shia laBeouf taking over (which would be shit), and 3) The most likely option and something I'm really dreading: yet another reboot.

Can't see this turning out well to be honest.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Really? Did you not see how terrible the last film was? Ford's now in his seventies for goodness sake. What's the title gonna be, Indiana Jones & The Quest For The Toilet At Three O' Clock In The Morning?

And don't forget its sequel, Indiana Jones and the Search for the Golden Crutches and its direct follow-up, Indiana Jones and The-Are We Still Doing This Crap? I predict a modest yet passable box office performance.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 14,797
    I enjoyed the 4th one but it was pointless after The Last Crusade ended it so well and Harrison Ford is well past it now.

So we have three possibilities: 1) Harrison Ford returning which would just be embarrassing at this point, 2) Shia laBeouf taking over (which would be shit), and 3) The most likely option and something I'm really dreading: yet another reboot.

Can't see this turning out well to be honest.

And the originals were already inspired by old serials and were cloned by many. So now we'll have a reboot, that cloned itself and copied a copy.

Can't they just write graphic novels as spin off and officious sequels?
    Exactly. Kingdom was pointless. The best way to celebrate nostalgia is by going back to the three great Indy films they made in the 80s, not by forcefeeding us a fourth that says, "hey, we left Indy in the 80s but we'll throw enough CGI into this one to make you forget about the past!" I can't believe John Hurt didn't withdraw from this project when he read the script. Unless he needed a paycheck...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Exactly. Kingdom was pointless. The best way to celebrate nostalgia is by going back to the three great Indy films they made in the 80s, not by forcefeeding us a fourth that says, "hey, we left Indy in the 80s but we'll throw enough CGI into this one to make you forget about the past!" I can't believe John Hurt didn't withdraw from this project when he read the script. Unless he needed a paycheck...

The guy who did the casting of Kingdom sure did his job. He is up there with the man in charge of the casting of Supergirl.
    Wow, now there's an obscure reference if ever I read one, @Ludovico. ;-)

Look, Helen Slater can do her Supergirl stuff anytime. :x But yeah, some curious choices in that one too... Peter O'Toole - what were you doing there?
  • Although I enjoyed the film for what it was, I couldn't believe how much they wasted John Hurt. One of the best actors ever and he just wanders about looking confused for pretty much the entire time he's on screen.
    Although I enjoyed the film for what it was, I couldn't believe how much they wasted John Hurt. One of the best actors ever and he just wanders about looking confused for pretty much the entire time he's on screen.

I don't think that was the character looking confused though, just Hurt wondering what the hell he'd done to wind up in such a film ;-)
    I love Indiana jones and I would love for some good Indiana jones video games but a new film..... Yeah even I Mr "I wait till teasers before I get upset or doubtful" have nothing but dread at this idea.

Though if they were to do Indianna Jones and the quest for Eden would be kinda cool
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    See- this is how I define 'herd mentality'.
    Let's all hate on the latest film Lucas had something to do with, eh?
    Okay, that fridge thing was way too OTT even for an Indy film, but do you want me to make a list of reasons why you should also hate the other three movies as much? It'd be pretty easy. When you want to hate a movie in the adventure/fantasy realm, picking it apart is usually extremely simple.
    Indy 4 was a nice goodbye to the series, with Indy getting back together with Marion. This above all else made the movie worthwhile IMO. =D>
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Indy without Harrison sounds like a f*****g disaster but then I suppose people were probably saying that in 1968.

That said I'm not about to wager a penny on Disney coming up with the OHMSS of the Indy franchise.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 4,813
    And don't forget its sequel, Indiana Jones and the Search for the Golden Crutches and its direct follow-up, Indiana Jones and The-Are We Still Doing This Crap? I predict a modest yet passable box office performance.
    People keep talking as if Harrison Ford can't STILL kick all of our asses...... :P

But to be fair I agree it's too late for an Indy movie with just Harrison. I had a great idea a few years ago (around when Crystal Skull came out) that involved a new actor as Indy in the 1930's and a 'unresolved adventure' that haunted him for years to come- it would later be solved by Harrison as Indy in the 1960's. Perhaps it could start in the 60's and cut back and forth as the plot developed (sort of like they do on 'Arrow').
    I figure if audiences liked the younger actor he could carry on the series, and if he wasn't very well received then that should be the final film, period.
    I tossed this idea around before- it may have even been on this forum- and people seemed to like it
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I figure if audiences liked the younger actor he could carry on the series, and if he wasn't very well received then that should be the final film, period.
    That's a PERFECT idea, MD!
    The Mouse must hear of this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, now that they've acquired the rights, you can be sure that another will be on the way shortly.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    That's a PERFECT idea, MD!
    The Mouse must hear of this.
    Thanks! Another idea I had was to have the Harrison Ford Indy get injured- either stabbed in the eye or losing it completely- which would coincide with The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles:

indianajonesold.jpg

Plus Ford would look badass with an eyepatch
    :ar!

Indiana_Jones_and_the_Kingdom_of_the_Crystal_Skull_720p_www_yify_torrents_com_3_large_zpsc5aca60d.png