Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

I know this is upcoming thread, but had to say about the BBC's decision to AXE Ripper Street once it has finished in 2 weeks time! Quote: They are disappointed that it is not pulling in enough viewers? Well if you put it up against Im a Celebrity get me out of here I am not surprised! Put it up against another drama? Or is it because you can't do a phone in with it to get more cash out of us?

A great show being cut way before it's due! Rant over, apologies Mods but just had to get this out! ;))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RogueAgent, I still never got past the first episode, but from what I watched, it was some fantastic stuff. Makes me a bit hesitant to return to it and finish it if it'll have a half-assed ending thanks to getting the axe.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I know this is upcoming thread, but had to say about the BBC's decision to AXE Ripper Street once it has finished in 2 weeks time! Quote: They are disappointed that it is not pulling in enough viewers? Well if you put it up against Im a Celebrity get me out of here I am not surprised! Put it up against another drama? Or is it because you can't do a phone in with it to get more cash out of us?

A great show being cut way before it's due! Rant over, apologies Mods but just had to get this out! ;))

The return of the series was initially due to be in January 2014 on Sundays, like Series 1 aired at the start of this year but it, for some unknown reason, was pushed forward to October and moved to Mondays. Did the BBC want to kill it, perhaps? With Ripper Street, Whitechapel and Copper gone, these series set in this time period aren't doing very well this year!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can't believe this was a huge, national thing in the news for a few days. They wouldn't get rid of Brian.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I say, Dallas reference. Somebody wakes up from a dream.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694

In the Christmas episode Stewie will probably find the piece he needs for his time machine and will then proceed to go back in time to stop Brian's death.

Either way, it's stupid. Instances of ratings hounding like this is part of the reason why I don't pay attention to the show or any other medium that can't kill their characters and keep them dead.
    FOX is casting a young Bruce Wayne for their 'Gotham' television series:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=112197

Also, here are two new teasers for the second season of 'Bates Motel':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=112196
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, I still never got past the first episode, but from what I watched, it was some fantastic stuff. Makes me a bit hesitant to return to it and finish it if it'll have a half-assed ending thanks to getting the axe.

It's still worth the watch Creasy47, as it is a quality show although I do wonder how this current series is going to finish?

Samuel001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

The return of the series was initially due to be in January 2014 on Sundays, like Series 1 aired at the start of this year but it, for some unknown reason, was pushed forward to October and moved to Mondays. Did the BBC want to kill it, perhaps? With Ripper Street, Whitechapel and Copper gone, these series set in this time period aren't doing very well this year!

Maybe Samuel? Been a fair bit of criticism against the decision that's for sure!

In the Christmas episode Stewie will probably find the piece he needs for his time machine and will then proceed to go back in time to stop Brian's death.

Either way, it's stupid. Instances of ratings hounding like this is part of the reason why I don't pay attention to the show or any other medium that can't kill their characters and keep them dead.

That's why I watch The Walking Dead (though, on that show, even death means they can get up and walk around, so...). Although, on Family Guy, they have kept Mr. Weed, Bertram, Diane Simmons, Derek Wilcox and that one fat chick Quagmire was with that one time dead since they died.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm not sure about this show. I like Commissioner Gordon and all, but I really think he's a character better left to his supporting role. And then there's the "Young Bruce Wayne as a recurring character" thing that just doesn't sit right with me.

That's why I watch The Walking Dead (though, on that show, even death means they can get up and walk around, so...). Although, on Family Guy, they have kept Mr. Weed, Bertram, Diane Simmons, Derek Wilcox and that one fat chick Quagmire was with that one time dead since they died.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm not sure about this show. I like Commissioner Gordon and all, but I really think he's a character better left to his supporting role. And then there's the "Young Bruce Wayne as a recurring character" thing that just doesn't sit right with me.

I love this "Gotham" idea. If you read "Batman: Year One," you'll see just how much Gordon can carry a story and make you fall in love with him, and make even Batman take second chair; what a book. As for the outcry over the casting of a young Bruce Wayne, it's not like he's anywhere close to being Batman; no need to worry. I love that the case Gordon is investigating in the pilot is the murder of his parents, and that the series is from the likes Bruno Heller. I can't wait to see this show and geek out; I only hope it's as good on screen as it is on paper.

Creasy47 wrote:

I love this "Gotham" idea. If you read "Batman: Year One," you'll see just how much Gordon can carry a story and make you fall in love with him, and make even Batman take second chair; what a book. As for the outcry over the casting of a young Bruce Wayne, it's not like he's anywhere close to being Batman; no need to worry. I love that the case Gordon is investigating in the pilot is the murder of his parents, and that the series is from the likes Bruno Heller. I can't wait to see this show and geek out; I only hope it's as good on screen as it is on paper.

I have read "Year One" (and seen the superb animated film), and as much as Gordon is the main character, there's still that Batman element that the book would be incomplete without, and that's how I feel this show will be. How I would love it to be is that the show has Gordon as the up-and-coming cop with Bruce in-training to become Batman.
    @RogueAgent, without giving away spoilers, does 'Ripper Street' appear to be at a good closing spot for the show, or do you think it'll be rushed and half-assed?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, without giving away spoilers, does 'Ripper Street' appear to be at a good closing spot for the show, or do you think it'll be rushed and half-assed?

It is really in a good place right now with 2 episodes to go. I don't believe it would have been done half assed to be honest? The cast did not know that the show was going to be axed! So unless they have done some additional filming? I am guessing it will end on a real cliff hanger?!!! Which will be really frustrating.
    I am on the fence with Gotham I will check it out ( hey I saw Birds of prey) but I just don't know...
    Risico007 wrote:
    I am on the fence with Gotham I will check it out ( hey I saw Birds of prey) but I just don't know...

And Birds of Prey was way to soon axed imho.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

And Birds of Prey was way to soon axed imho.

Not soon enough in my opinion.

Birds of Prey just... confused me. I enjoyed the premiere episode (no doubt primarily to Mark Hamill's Joker voice), but then it just got... well, bad.
    NBC has greenlit a 'Rosemary's Baby' miniseries:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=112323
    Gee, I wonder how that'll turn out.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,371
    If anyone watches 'Derek,' the YouTube channel for the show has a little bit every day where Kev gives out really crude jokes and titled hats for the residents of the home, it's hilarious as hell.

EDIT: Here are some promo images from the second season of 'The Following':

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3270259/tv-next-on-the-following-promo-images-for-episode-2-01-resurrection/
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2533599/Only-Fools-Horses-set-return-special-episode-celebrating-Del-Boys-birthday.html

Why?! Just leave it alone. They should've just ended it in the 90s when they became millionaires and even then they were pushing it.
  • There's a thing on TV tonight (channel 4, not sure what time) called the 7:35 with David Morrisey and Sheridan Smith in. Should be quite good, I'm going to give it a watch.
    There's a thing on TV tonight (channel 4, not sure what time) called the 7:35 with David Morrisey and Sheridan Smith in. Should be quite good, I'm going to give it a watch.

The 7.39. It's on BBC1 at 9pm.
  • Ah, knew it was the 7-something. Didn't know it was BBC 1, thought I saw an advert for it on channel 4. Thanks for the correction :)
    I just saw intelligence it was ok Holloway is a great actor and I loved the action just felt the pilot would of been a better Season closer due to Pilot
  • Michael McIntyre is getting a chat show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a544078/michael-mcintyre-lands-his-own-bbc-one-chatshow.html

The BBC already have Graham Norton and he's funny, so I'm not sure why they're bothering. I'm not a fan of Mcintyre but I might tune in every now and again if somebody I like is on there.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a543885/new-gavin--stacey-project-will-happen-at-some-stage-says-ruth-jones.html

Peter Capaldi filming Doctor Who

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a544205/doctor-who-series-8-peter-capaldi-on-horseback-new-pictures.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    His own chat show? I'm not sure if that will work either.
    Batman 60's TV series is coming to DVD:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39824