'The Mentalist' Appreciation and Discussion Thread

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited July 2016 in General Movies & TV Posts: 17,727
Is The Mentalist worth buying on DVD boxset at all?

Haven't seen any of it so I'd love to hear your views!

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I used to watch The Mentalist and I really liked it! I wouldn't miss an episode. If you haven't checked it before, do. It is still a basic detective's story but with a twist and lots of humour. There is also a mystery that runs through all of the seasons (Who is Red John). Very good entertainment.
    I have no idea about the DVD box though, so I can't give you a review on it.
  • Top notch...second only to Monk as a detective series...Red John is boring me now...but watch it you'll love it.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Is The Mentalist worth buying on DVD boxset at all?

Haven't seen any of it so I'd love to hear your views!
    IS IT WORTH IT?!

IS GRASS GREEN? IS THE SKY BLUE? IS RAIN WET? DO WITCHES FLOAT?

Bloody hell, mate, what are you doing talking to us here? Go get it. GO GET IT NOW! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! *SLAP* SNAP OUT OF IT!!! GO, GO NOW AND GET IT! ASAP!

Sooooo, yeah...I mean, you know...it's an okay show. ;)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I love the show and own all the seasons on DVD. Well worth the buy in my opinion. It's one of the better shows out there today. Simon Baker is perfect in the role and he really connects with the audience.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I have the impression it's about time we have a Mentalist thread, I say we continue on this one if @Dragonpol doesn't mind us hijacking his thread.
    I very much like "The Mentalist!", especially the first and 4th season. The 4th season is one of the best season I've seen in a while from a tv show. The only drawback is there are some weak episode, most notably in season 2, and that, sometimes, a case is solved in the last 45 seconds or so, much like "Matlock" used to end an episode.
    However, going through season 2 to watch season 3 and 4 will be well worth your while.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who else thinks
    LaRoche
    is Red John? I have had that theory since I first saw him, and then he just ups and leaves (to another job). SUSPICIOUS, I'd say.
  • Who else thinks
    LaRoche
    is Red John? I have had that theory since I first saw him, and then he just ups and leaves (to another job). SUSPICIOUS, I'd say.

Basically it's someone we've seen and Patrick has shaken hands with...
    CBI Ron, jane's twin or Brett
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sandy wrote:
    I have the impression it's about time we have a Mentalist thread, I say we continue on this one if @Dragonpol doesn't mind us hijacking his thread.

Yes, I'm all for that - consider this The Mentalist thread, then.

Are there any similarities to older shows like COLUMBO at all?
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,594
    Good show 'The Mentalist' but I wouldn't actually buy them on DVD but merely rent them. I am really annoyed as I accidentally found out online the identity of Red John. Arhhh! I wanted to find out in which episode it would be revealed and then I found out who it was. I have missed some episodes over the years. I'm watching them at the moment. I'm four episodes away from the Red John/Patrick Jane showdown. Looking forward to it.

Finally saw the episode with the Jane/John showdown. Great episode! Well played. It's amusing in certain parts too.
    Alright, I very recently got caught all up with The Mentalist, and need to vent. Anyone else want to discuss the show, especially season six?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,882
    I have seen a clip of the showdown on youtube. But I have since been buying the DVDs, i'm up to series 4.

EDIT
    I should have mentioned that I like the show so far. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,727
    I actually finally bought a DVD boxset of the first four seasons of this show a while back. I've watched a few episodes and am enjoying it so far.