SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited December 2013 Posts: 2,594
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting they use olive skinned dames. I was just saying that I like them. :) Scandinavian girls in a Bond film would be great.

The more I think of using Stockholm the more I like the sound of it. I'd love to see a snowy Stockholm with the glittering Christmas decorations out in full force. Still summer would be nice too. Otherwise shoot a couple of exterior shots of MI6 in London, and maybe Bond's flat (which I'd like to see) then head over to beautiful Budapest for the rest of the film. It would be cheaper there. Maybe they could even shoot interior scenes there too, otherwise leave these for Pinewood. Plenty of exterior shots of the cities though!

Stockholm:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stockholm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g4SaUo2-E8bsiAf8jYCIDA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1438&bih=631

In Pearson's excellent biography of James Bond (easily the best Bond continuation book :) ), James went there to kill a former colleague.

"Perhaps it was his mood, but James Bond found Stockholm an uneasy city. Behind its palaces and quays and calm good sense lurked a hygienic pallor that depressed him. It was a city of cold eyes and painless dentists. Any excess was possible in such a place...

...It was a freezing night, and Bond recalled that Stockholm was as far north as Alaska. But the stars were bright, the spires and roofs of the old city still glittering like some Arctic city in a fairytale. Bond cursed the city for it's beauty."

(John Pearson, 1973)

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, it would make for a great setting. And I thought of something else Scandinavian could bring: an actor for the villain. They have lots of talented people there, they all speak a very good English but if they keep a Swedish or Norwegian accent, it can make their voice kind of creepy.

Absolutely. A Christmas Bond in snowy Stockholm complete with all the lights and Christmas decorations would be just the ticket!

How's the skiing in Sweden? It would be good to see Craig's Bond skiing.

God Jul!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I have to say Sade is my #1

Smooth operator was a colossal missed opportunity to feature as a Bond song; with some tweaking of the lyrics perhaps.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Bounine wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting they use olive skinned dames. I was just saying that I like them. :) Scandinavian girls in a Bond film would be great.

The more I think of using Stockholm the more I like the sound of it. I'd love to see a snowy Stockholm with the glittering Christmas decorations out in full force. Still summer would be nice too. Otherwise shoot a couple of exterior shots of MI6 in London, and maybe Bond's flat (which I'd like to see) then head over to beautiful Budapest for the rest of the film. It would be cheaper there. Maybe they could even shoot interior scenes there too, otherwise leave these for Pinewood. Plenty of exterior shots of the cities though!

Stockholm:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stockholm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g4SaUo2-E8bsiAf8jYCIDA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1438&bih=631

In Pearson's excellent biography of James Bond (easily the best Bond continuation book :) ), James went there to kill a former colleague.

"Perhaps it was his mood, but James Bond found Stockholm an uneasy city. Behind its palaces and quays and calm good sense lurked a hygienic pallor that depressed him. It was a city of cold eyes and painless dentists. Any excess was possible in such a place...

...It was a freezing night, and Bond recalled that Stockholm was as far north as Alaska. But the stars were bright, the spires and roofs of the old city still glittering like some Arctic city in a fairytale. Bond cursed the city for it's beauty."

(John Pearson, 1973)

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, it would make for a great setting. And I thought of something else Scandinavian could bring: an actor for the villain. They have lots of talented people there, they all speak a very good English but if they keep a Swedish or Norwegian accent, it can make their voice kind of creepy.

Absolutely. A Christmas Bond in snowy Stockholm complete with all the lights and Christmas decorations would be just the ticket!

God Jul!

The skiing is quite good here, i'm heading out in the slopes tonight actually!
    Foo Fighters for Bond theme :D
    MrBond wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:

Stockholm:

(John Pearson, 1973)

God Jul!

The skiing is quite good here, i'm heading out in the slopes tonight actually!

Have fun. As far as Scandinavia goes, I've done a bit of skiing in Norway but not Sweden.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    @Bounine
    The feelings when i put on "Escape from Piz Gloria" in my headphones and go down the slope is quite indescribable!
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 9,730
    Sweden would really be nice for bond 24.

I want a ski sequence for Craig's bond.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,594
    MrBond wrote:
    @Bounine
    The feelings when i put on "Escape from Piz Gloria" in my headphones and go down the slope is quite indescribable!

I can imagine. I must do that the next time I go skiing!

Play 'Journey to Blofeld's Hideaway' in the ski lift on your way up the mountain.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    MrBond wrote:
    @Bounine

Glad I'm not the only one to have done that!
    Risico007 wrote:
    Sweden would really be nice for bond 24.

I want a ski sequence for Craig's bond.

I agree were over due for a ski chase
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:
    @Bounine

As long as i don't go on one leg down the slope, it's pretty amazing!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    MrBond wrote:
    @Bounine

Yes, I'm sure that was an experience!
    If a great song title and track comes along from outside the Sony group? Surely they would accept it? Especially if it is a really good song?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Escape from Piz Gloria is Barry at the pinnacle of his musical genius. I mean, I go jogging with that piece of music! I envy those who get to ski to it.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 4,400
    Harris has confirmed the return of the kick-ass Moneypenny. She's getting back into training soon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2519053/Winnie-Mandela-wore-says-actress-Naomie-Harris-role-Mandela-film-took-toll.html

article-2519053-19E00DA000000578-613_306x816.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really like her Moneypenny! And I am hoping for a lovelier hairstyle for her this time around. Nice pic; thanks.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    She looks fabulous in that dress!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Awesome. Nice to see it's gearing up to an extent. Before you know it, the rumors will start flying, the press conference will be upon us and filming will begin.
    And photographs will be shown! I am so looking forward to this next film. Skyfall was refreshing. And just think of all the upcoming debates/discussions/opinions! For Moneypenny alone, things will be flying right and left. And what about Mallory? Is he going into the field this time? Etc. I think we are all in for quite a ride, leading up to the release. Should be fun.
    Harris has confirmed the return of the kick-ass Moneypenny. She's getting back into training soon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2519053/Winnie-Mandela-wore-says-actress-Naomie-Harris-role-Mandela-film-took-toll.html

article-2519053-19E00DA000000578-613_306x816.jpg

Awesome. I am more then ok with a kick ass Moneypenny
  • I'm worried that this will mean more "Moneypenny in the field" crap, but I'm more excited that this means Bond 24's on its way to production!
    Me, too, Risico007. But a certain faction really are not. And so it will continue ... back and forth, etc. I think Harris had guts to take on this iconic role and make it her own, and I'm cheering her on. She doesn't write the scripts, keep in mind. I want to know about: a) Deakins, b) composer, c) the script!
  • Me, too, Risico007. But a certain faction really are not. And so it will continue ... back and forth, etc. I think Harris had guts to take on this iconic role and make it her own, and I'm cheering her on. She doesn't write the scripts, keep in mind. I want to know about: a) Deakins, b) composer, c) the script!

What do you mean the script? Like the basic outline of the plot? I'm with you on the other two.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,368
    Such a beautiful woman. I've had my eyes on her ever since I first saw her in 'After the Sunset.' She'll make a great MP, since we didn't really see much of her in SF, if that makes sense.
    Yes, I mean when we start hearing anything, rumors or otherwise, about the story.
    Really excited too about all the upcoming topics of Bond 24 we will all soon be about to discuss!!!! Bring it on ASAP!!!!!!! 8-}
    I can't wait for plot and title rumors personally
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Naomie is returning for Bond 24?! Next you'll tell me that Daniel Craig bloke is too.
    Naomie is returning for Bond 24?! Next you'll tell me that Daniel Craig bloke is too.

I'm not sure if he's returning, but they confirmed early this morning that the title is 'Wave Link.'
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm not sure if he's returning, but they confirmed early this morning that the title is 'Wave Link.'
    nonono

It's The Hildebrand Rarity :D