SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

For once, agree with all Saint Mark has said. Italy was the best shot location, Creasy. Panama - I mean, they did spend big bucks to sorta "renovate" the locations there in order to be able to shoot (it was very good for the commnity though), and what did he show? Some piss poor crowded street.
    The beginning was great - music and the way he raced over the lake to the tunnels - up from there, it was ******. Siena was ok, the race etc., the opera scene in itsself was the highlight, yes, but the shoot out was again shot poorly. The Atacama Desert - I know shots, that never made it to the movie - what a shame. But of course, he had to make the shortest Bond film ever. Why bother with lingering over beautiful locations? Simply said - the man was an idiot.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,594
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Ireland doesn't really do it for me as a location not that I think that Broccoli was being serious about this place anyway but you never know... I'd rather Mr James goes somewhere more exotic. The Caribbean or an eastern European country (excluding Prague as many movies have been shot there) or Scandinavia could be good.

I'd love to see Scandinavia, and a Scandinavian villain, but I think it might be too expensive to shoot.

If it's too expensive for them to go to Stockholm or Helsinki for example, then perhaps the budget cuts are bigger than I thought! They're not far from England.

It would be good to see Bond in Copenhagen too as I've lived there. :)

What I meant by that is that the cost of living being very high, the cost of shooting there may be too. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to see Bond go there, I think the settings would be visually stunning, original and even inspiring plot-wise. But I wonder if it is not too expensive.

Oh yes, of course. The cost of living is through the roof. Well, if they can't afford this then they are in worse shape than I thought. Real pity. Bond has always been about exotic locations. If the whole film was only to be shot at Pinewood and a Scandinavian country (I lament the early days when a Bond film was largely set in one place thus making the films more cultured like the books) with a couple of exterior shots of MI6 headquarters in London, then maybe it would be more feasible as they'd be saving money on airfares. Or maybe as Scandinavia is so expensive, it might end up evening out. LOL. I don't know.

"Stop making me dream. I'd LOVE to see Sweden in a Bond movie, it is a beautiful country and geographically, it could lead to some interesting plots (what with its proximity with Russia). AND they would have plenty of material for Bond girls. But I still fear it is too expensive."

Yes, in terms of actual cities, Stockholm is beautiful and aesthetically more attractive than Copenhagen I think as the latter has many red buildings which don't look as nice as whitish ones.

Plenty of material for Bond girls, yes. Scandinavian girls are just gorgeous. The best in the world, although, I am also a sucker for olive skinned beauties which one will find in Italy, Portugal and South America etc.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Now that we know Sony plans a 'One Sony' strategy for all their media and technology releases, we can sort through a tangible list of artists that are now more likely to be in the running for future "Bond songs".

I'm sure when it comes down to it, the creative team behind the Bond films have complete control over who they hire, but I'm sure they will be 'encouraged' to use a Sony artist for Bond 24.

Here is a shortened (based on skill/popularity) list of Sony artists that are now a hair closer to becoming the next title artist:

Adele
    Alicia Keys
    Ariana Grande
    Beyonce
    Celine Dion
    Chris Daughtry
    Christina Aguilera
    Daft Punk (likely would be paired with another artist)
    Demi Lovato
    Duran Duran
    Foo Fighters
    Gloria Estefan
    George Michael
    Jennifer Lopez
    John Legend
    John Mayer
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Kings Of Leon
    Leona Lewis
    Mariah Carey
    Natasha Bedingfield
    R. Kelly
    Sade
    Santana (likely would be paired with another artist)
    Shakira
    The Strokes
    Usher

The full list of Sony Music signed artist is here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Music_artists
  • Foo Fighters and Kings Of Leon are the only choices I really like on that list.
    I was honestly surprised that 4 of 20 artists that have already done a theme were on that list.
    Bounine wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    Ireland doesn't really do it for me as a location not that I think that Broccoli was being serious about this place anyway but you never know... I'd rather Mr James goes somewhere more exotic. The Caribbean or an eastern European country (excluding Prague as many movies have been shot there) or Scandinavia could be good.

I'd love to see Scandinavia, and a Scandinavian villain, but I think it might be too expensive to shoot.

If it's too expensive for them to go to Stockholm or Helsinki for example, then perhaps the budget cuts are bigger than I thought! They're not far from England.

It would be good to see Bond in Copenhagen too as I've lived there. :)

What I meant by that is that the cost of living being very high, the cost of shooting there may be too. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to see Bond go there, I think the settings would be visually stunning, original and even inspiring plot-wise. But I wonder if it is not too expensive.

Oh yes, of course. The cost of living is through the roof. Well, if they can't afford this then they are in worse shape than I thought. Real pity. Bond has always been about exotic locations. If the whole film was only to be shot at Pinewood and a Scandinavian country (I lament the early days when a Bond film was largely set in one place thus making the films more cultured like the books) with a couple of exterior shots of MI6 headquarters in London, then maybe it would be more feasible as they'd be saving money on airfares. Or maybe as Scandinavia is so expensive, it might end up evening out. LOL. I don't know.

"Stop making me dream. I'd LOVE to see Sweden in a Bond movie, it is a beautiful country and geographically, it could lead to some interesting plots (what with its proximity with Russia). AND they would have plenty of material for Bond girls. But I still fear it is too expensive."

Yes, in terms of actual cities, Stockholm is beautiful and aesthetically more attractive than Copenhagen I think as the latter has many red buildings which don't look as nice as whitish ones.

Plenty of material for Bond girls, yes. Scandinavian girls are just gorgeous. The best in the world, although, I am also a sucker for olive skinned beauties which one will find in Italy, Portugal and South America etc.

Yes, but we have seen a lot of those in recent years. Scandinavian Bond girls would be a nice change. Just like Scandinavia would be a different setting from the previous three Craig movies, come to think of it.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,594
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting they use olive skinned dames. I was just saying that I like them. :) Scandinavian girls in a Bond film would be great.

The more I think of using Stockholm the more I like the sound of it. I'd love to see a snowy Stockholm with the glittering Christmas decorations out in full force. Still summer would be nice too. Otherwise shoot a couple of exterior shots of MI6 in London, and maybe Bond's flat (which I'd like to see) then head over to beautiful Budapest for the rest of the film. It would be cheaper there. Maybe they could even shoot interior scenes there too, otherwise leave these for Pinewood. Plenty of exterior shots of the cities though!

Stockholm:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stockholm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g4SaUo2-E8bsiAf8jYCIDA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1438&bih=631

In Pearson's excellent biography of James Bond (easily the best Bond continuation book :) ), James went there to kill a former colleague.

"Perhaps it was his mood, but James Bond found Stockholm an uneasy city. Behind its palaces and quays and calm good sense lurked a hygienic pallor that depressed him. It was a city of cold eyes and painless dentists. Any excess was possible in such a place...

...It was a freezing night, and Bond recalled that Stockholm was as far north as Alaska. But the stars were bright, the spires and roofs of the old city still glittering like some Arctic city in a fairytale. Bond cursed the city for it's beauty."

(John Pearson, 1973)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,015
    echo wrote:
    I'd take all the budget rumors with a boulder of salt...

After SF, there was enough profit to buy out McClory.

But this is the core of the subject : EON & MGM did make a lot of money. Sony, much less - despite being those who gave the money to EON & MGM to make the movie. The new stockholders want more, now, as Sony as a whole is not in very good shape : the "free Sony ads" throughout the whole movie are not enough for them...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Now that we know Sony plans a 'One Sony' strategy for all their media and technology releases, we can sort through a tangible list of artists that are now more likely to be in the running for future "Bond songs".

I'm sure when it comes down to it, the creative team behind the Bond films have complete control over who they hire, but I'm sure they will be 'encouraged' to use a Sony artist for Bond 24.

Here is a shortened (based on skill/popularity) list of Sony artists that are now a hair closer to becoming the next title artist:

Adele
    Alicia Keys
    Ariana Grande
    Beyonce
    Celine Dion
    Chris Daughtry
    Christina Aguilera
    Daft Punk (likely would be paired with another artist)
    Demi Lovato
    Duran Duran
    Foo Fighters
    Gloria Estefan
    George Michael
    Jennifer Lopez
    John Legend
    John Mayer
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Kings Of Leon
    Leona Lewis
    Mariah Carey
    Natasha Bedingfield
    R. Kelly
    Sade
    Santana (likely would be paired with another artist)
    Shakira
    The Strokes
    Usher

The full list of Sony Music signed artist is here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Music_artists

Thanks for compiling this list @JWESTBROOK. From this, besides Adele who already recorded the last one and I'm sure they would like to work with again in the future, I would only highlight Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon and The Strokes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Just oh please not Celine or Christina or Mariah or George Michael.
    Some of these folks I do not know, to be honest. Leona Lewis can sing and Katy Perry is really hot now. I think she is a definite maybe, but I do not really know her voice; how good is she?
    You may as well not send me a link - I cannot listen to music correctly on this computer yet (I tried several times to listen to Skyfall when it first came out but it pretty much stuttered and butchered the song horribly.)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,012
    Just oh please not Celine or Christina or Mariah or George Michael.
    Some of these folks I do not know, to be honest. Leona Lewis can sing and Katy Perry is really hot now. I think she is a definite maybe, but I do not really know her voice; how good is she?
    You may as well not send me a link - I cannot listen to music correctly on this computer yet (I tried several times to listen to Skyfall when it first came out but it pretty much stuttered and butchered the song horribly.)

:)) I'm still laughing about your first sentence @4EverBonded! You are absolutely right, keep them away, awaaaaaaaay!
    Katy Perry is sort of my musical guilty pleasure (we all have one, right?) but I would much rather she stays away from the Bond franchise.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Well who could give it a good Bond sound, as a solo artist? Sade probably still could.

Oh and add Jennifer Lopez to my dearGodpleaseno list.

I wouldn't mind Adele again (and let her belt it out at some point this time), but I doubt very much she will do 2 in a row.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ^ From the above shortened list, I'll have Sade do the main theme and Gloria Estefan over the end credits.
    Bounine wrote:
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting they use olive skinned dames. I was just saying that I like them. :) Scandinavian girls in a Bond film would be great.

The more I think of using Stockholm the more I like the sound of it. I'd love to see a snowy Stockholm with the glittering Christmas decorations out in full force. Still summer would be nice too. Otherwise shoot a couple of exterior shots of MI6 in London, and maybe Bond's flat (which I'd like to see) then head over to beautiful Budapest for the rest of the film. It would be cheaper there. Maybe they could even shoot interior scenes there too, otherwise leave these for Pinewood. Plenty of exterior shots of the cities though!

Stockholm:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stockholm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g4SaUo2-E8bsiAf8jYCIDA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1438&bih=631

In Pearson's excellent biography of James Bond (easily the best Bond continuation book :) ), James went there to kill a former colleague.

"Perhaps it was his mood, but James Bond found Stockholm an uneasy city. Behind its palaces and quays and calm good sense lurked a hygienic pallor that depressed him. It was a city of cold eyes and painless dentists. Any excess was possible in such a place...

...It was a freezing night, and Bond recalled that Stockholm was as far north as Alaska. But the stars were bright, the spires and roofs of the old city still glittering like some Arctic city in a fairytale. Bond cursed the city for it's beauty."

(John Pearson, 1973)

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, it would make for a great setting. And I thought of something else Scandinavian could bring: an actor for the villain. They have lots of talented people there, they all speak a very good English but if they keep a Swedish or Norwegian accent, it can make their voice kind of creepy.
  • If Beyonce did it the song would be huge.

Beyonce is the most loved woman on the planet by the looks of things. If you thought the Adele song was big it wouldn't be patch on the coverage the Beyonce song would get.

I think if the prods want maximum exposure you go with an artist like Beyonce. Personally I think it's time we get a good band with a male vocalist in. I suggest the Arctic Monkeys, Alex Turner is a legend.

This song from their latest album has a Bond like sound to it:

I would rather have Adele again. She did by far the best Bond song since GE, at least.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited December 2013 Posts: 2,044
    Ludovico wrote:
    Bounine wrote:

Stockholm:

(John Pearson, 1973)

Stockholm is such a beautiful city, it would make for a great setting. And I thought of something else Scandinavian could bring: an actor for the villain. They have lots of talented people there, they all speak a very good English but if they keep a Swedish or Norwegian accent, it can make their voice kind of creepy.

Well actually, Ola Rapace whom played Patrice in SF were from Sweden and Silvas henchman who fought with Bond beneath the ice during the climax were also a famous Swedish actor who is known to play sleazy criminals in Swedish films!

But i'm all for Sweden and Stockholm, it would've been splendid to see my country featured in a Bond-film! :D

Edit: Then of course, Mads Mikkelsen who played Le Chiffre and Jesper Christenssen who played Mr. White were both from Denmark.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,416
    More Jarhead/QOS then Skyfall for Bond 24. For Bond 24 i whant contuned QOS. Asia should be the moost exotic. OHMSS style should be in Bond 25.

There should look to Yolt, DAF,LALD, TMWTGG, Octopussy, LTK, TMND, TWINE and QOS to get inspyred.

I also have liked to see more of Italy in QOS with the chase, but Skyfall disapointed more. What there did with the train look to much on DAD action and Macau be to short. There did more for my feeling with the hotel in QOS. Bond and Camile in the desert be great. Exept what there did after it, the atack on Skyfall house be best final since of all movies since GE. If i count the ice palace of DAD as final of that movie,then the hotel scene in QOS is worse and 2th worse be for sinking house.

From that artist list my choose of course go to ''Sade''. Her power of her voice can give same thrill as LTK song and for fans of Tina Turner Goldeneye. ''Love is Found'' Videoclip from 2011 have bit of Bond sound with starting something that look like on Thomas Newman music style and the dance geography on the screen is beautifull. Of course there should consider asking David Arnold back to help making the song.

• Maybe we could get R. Kelly to narrate the events of Bond 24 Trapped In The Closet-style. From the list, I'd like Daft Punk, the Foo Fighters, the Kings of Leon, and the Strokes. Adele (I liked her performance of Skyfall, but I don't her to do two in a row), John Legend, and Justin Timberlake, and Santana would be tolerable. Everything else would be somewhere between pretty bad and absolutely awful.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The only name on that sony list that I'm confident that could garner critical acclaim and knock it out of the park and bring ridiculous commercial success is definitely Beyoncé. Amazing and abundantly talented singer/performed and she knows how to switch and adapt to certain styles.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If Beyonce did the film's title song it would be huge...

...a huge disaster, that is.

I'm stilling holding out for Michael Bublé, obviously.
    A huge disaster how?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    A huge disaster how?

Because of my personal views of the current mainstream music industry; style over substance and all that jazz...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    If Beyonce did the film's title song it would be huge...

...a huge disaster, that is.

Agree.
    I'm stilling holding out for Michael Bublé, obviously.

Disagree.

I think its a pretty fair surmise that Sony will want to maximise profits and that means not handing the song out to anyone not in their employ.

Alas mostly everyone on that list fills me with a range of trepidation to nausea. If it has to be someone off this list then I'd have to hope that Adele fancies another crack.

Actually I just noticed Duran Duran are in that list. Why on earth not?
    doubleoego wrote:
    A huge disaster how?

Because of my personal views of the current mainstream music industry; style over substance and all that jazz...

Or lack of jazz. Or any sort of real music, really.
    Ludovico wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    A huge disaster how?

Or lack of jazz. Or any sort of real music, really.

Just an expression and all that, but true nonetheless. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    How about this for something a bit different - kind of Madonna's Die Another Day on LSD and Milk Plus:

Well, my point is that it's still better than Beyonce, or Madonna for that matter. Sometimes less is more. It sums up James Bond disturbing world like nothing else.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Beyonce's song towards the end of 'The Pink Panther' sounded a lot like a Bond theme song.
    doubleoego wrote:
    A huge disaster how?

Fair enough and for the most part I agree with your views on the quality of mainstream music as a whole but I disagree about Beyoncé being a disaster if she were to do the theme. I'm not lobbying for her to do it either but I've heard enough of her music, particularly her less mainstream work for the past 14/15 years to know that she'd serve as a great choice to do the theme. Many of her ballads are excellent.
    I have to say Sade is my #1, Adele #2, The Strokes #3 on that list.

Off the list,
    Arctic Monkeys #1.