Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013 - present)

Comments

@Agent007391 I didn't know they were planning that, how awesome.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Next week's (the 19th) episode is dealing with Thor: The Dark World. I can only hope that Erik Selvig shows up (especially if he's as crazy as he is in The Dark World), and it'd be a stretch, but it'd be awesome if Thor actually shows up (hey, why not? Fury showed up, after all).
  • In my opinion this series is getting better and better. I'm waiting to watch an episode with revelations of Agent Coulson ressurection (I hope that he's not an LMD (Life Model Decoy).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Librarian wrote:
    In my opinion this series is getting better and better. I'm waiting to watch an episode with revelations of Agent Coulson ressurection (I hope that he's not an LMD (Life Model Decoy).

I'm betting clone or Valhalla.
  • Next week's (the 19th) episode is dealing with Thor: The Dark World. I can only hope that Erik Selvig shows up (especially if he's as crazy as he is in The Dark World), and it'd be a stretch, but it'd be awesome if Thor actually shows up (hey, why not? Fury showed up, after all).

I'm disappointed that there was no Selvig, Ian the Intern or
    the creature that was loose in the warehouse at the end of Thor.
    Well, in regards to the spoiler, it makes a great deal of sense why that didn't happen. To involve that would probably take most of the season's budget for one episode. I honestly wanted Thor to just show up at the end when they were at a bar. This past episode ("Repairs") also somewhat dealt with a piece of Thor: The Dark World, with the doorways to other dimensions.
  • Well, in regards to the spoiler, it makes a great deal of sense why that didn't happen. To involve that would probably take most of the season's budget for one episode. I honestly wanted Thor to just show up at the end when they were at a bar. This past episode ("Repairs") also somewhat dealt with a piece of Thor: The Dark World, with the doorways to other dimensions.

Yes, I suppose it would, logically speaking, but I think it would have made for very good television. It would have been fun to watch them in such a restrained circumstance, spending a whole hour trying to conquer this one ridiculous obstacle, rather than the hackneyed, half-assed globetrotting they've been doing.
  • [quote="Agent007391
    I'm betting clone or Valhalla.[/quote]

I'm betting Dr Strange or cybernetic implants. But we'll see (propably at the ond of this season).

Well, in regards to the spoiler, it makes a great deal of sense why that didn't happen. To involve that would probably take most of the season's budget for one episode. I honestly wanted Thor to just show up at the end when they were at a bar. This past episode ("Repairs") also somewhat dealt with a piece of Thor: The Dark World, with the doorways to other dimensions.

Yes, I suppose it would, logically speaking, but I think it would have made for very good television. It would have been fun to watch them in such a restrained circumstance, spending a whole hour trying to conquer this one ridiculous obstacle, rather than the hackneyed, half-assed globetrotting they've been doing.

Good TV, yes, but I don't really have a problem with the "hackneyed, half-assed globe trotting". The movies can only cover so much of the Marvel Earth.
  • I watch the show with Prime. I like the show, and I hope it gets renewed for next season. I have been not been watching the last few episodes. I hate to get into a television series, and then it gets booted off the air. This one should make it. I will start catching up with the shows. Skye is my favorite. I was, and am , a big U.N.C.L.E fan. That is really what first attracted me to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Here in the UK I think we are about 8 or 9 episodes in? The last one was about a guy stuck between 2 worlds, the one before that was the initial aftermath of Thor 2 which I have not seen yet, so I am being very careful of the spoilers! X_X As for the series? Absolutely love it and glad it's all connected to the movies!
    That was the latest one. Oh, don't worry about spoilers. There's about sixty seconds of "We're here to clean up the mess from the latest movie" and then the episode is only connected because Asgard is mentioned.
  • Well, in regards to the spoiler, it makes a great deal of sense why that didn't happen. To involve that would probably take most of the season's budget for one episode. I honestly wanted Thor to just show up at the end when they were at a bar. This past episode ("Repairs") also somewhat dealt with a piece of Thor: The Dark World, with the doorways to other dimensions.

Good TV, yes, but I don't really have a problem with the "hackneyed, half-assed globe trotting". The movies can only cover so much of the Marvel Earth.

It's not so much that as it's just generally poorly done. It's been incrementally improving, so maybe by season 10 or so it will be like Breaking Bad or the Sopranos.
    If they get to season 3...
  • If they get to season 3...

The ratings have been good, even though they're sinking.
    Yeah, I don't get that. The series is consistently getting good numbers, but I keep reading these reports about how "Agents of SHIELD ratings slump for yet another week", and then there are the people like on IMDB who are going back and forth between bashing and praising the show.

Season 2, maybe; Season 3, possibly; Season 4, most likely not.
  • Yeah, I don't get that. The series is consistently getting good numbers, but I keep reading these reports about how "Agents of SHIELD ratings slump for yet another week", and then there are the people like on IMDB who are going back and forth between bashing and praising the show.

Season 2, maybe; Season 3, possibly; Season 4, most likely not.

Wikipedia tells me they debuted with 12 million viewers and they declined almost every week after that before spiking with episode nine, which, surprisingly enough, wasn't even the Thor tie-in. I suppose we'll have to see if they keep this trend up or if the ratings go back down again.
    If, and I stress if there's a Captain America tie-in come after that film premieres, I hope they do a bit more actual "tie-in" than they did with "The Well".
  • If, and I stress if there's a Captain America tie-in come after that film premieres, I hope they do a bit more actual "tie-in" than they did with "The Well".

Oh, of course. I'm sure they'll do one too, since it should be some free publicity for both the show and the movies. I just hope they stay away from the actual movie series (save Coulson).
    Well, I want a little more tie-in to the films. I'm not saying I want the Iron Man armor to show up in an episode, but Tony Stark showing up to sell SHIELD some sort of tech would be great. Seeing Cap lead the team on a mission at one point would be neat. As I said before, I wish Thor had just shown up at the end of "The Well" when they were at a bar (perhaps throwing the cup down onto the floor while asking for another drink). Banner giving the team some gamma information would be nice. We had a great cameo in the second episode with Nick Fury, all we need is that.
    I would also imagine it depends on how many Avenger movies they wish to do? That will obviously have a bearing on the TV show?
    Well, Marvel's got their plate full through 2017, from what I've heard.
    I would assume their will be a 3rd Captain America and Thor movie?
    Probably. Maybe a second Hulk movie. Definitely The Avengers 3. For sure Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.
  • I think that in Phase 3 we will see: Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Thor 3, Captain America 3, second Hulk and Avengers 3.
    Librarian wrote:
    I think that in Phase 3 we will see: Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Thor 3, Captain America 3, second Hulk and Avengers 3.

I hope we see a second Hulk at some point. I'm certain that the end of every Phase will be a crossover film, be it Avengers or not.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited December 2013 Posts: 16,328
    I really want to see a new Hulk movie. To me, Mark Ruffalo is the best Bruce Banner since Bill Bixby. He needs his own Hulk movie with a cameo by Iron Man.
    Well, of course there will be a Tony Stark cameo (I'd love to see the reverse of the Iron Man 3 post-credits scene, and have Bruce sitting on a couch talking while Tony is making out with Pepper, or something). Every film Banner's been in, Tony's been in.

Ed Norton was a damn good Bruce Banner, though I like Mark Ruffalo in the role more.
    It seems they know the formula for viewers, which is cameos from the big screen or tie-ins. I think they will spend the big bucks to get a few mins from more than a few to really push it ahead for further seasons. Most definitely we'll see a Winter Soldier cameo and some big tie-ins to Avengers 2 or possibly other marvel films.

The one thing Marvel got right was crossing it over, giving the audience what they wanted, and if they use that formula on the TV series, they'll be on as long as the film series and possibly beyond.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 645
    Well it looks like Marvel is stepping it up, and rumors of the show having cross overs not only into the Avengers 2, but into the GOTG movie, which is exciting if true.

So many crossovers, it seems like they've dug their self out of the whole in which many viewers were getting bored of the TV series.

See the blue guy in the last episode? -- I haven't seen anything official yet on who this is supposed to me, but the rumor mill has nothing but gems.

Spoiler alert link: 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Inside Coulson's Magical Discovery
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1723511/marvel-agents-of-shield-tahiti-recap.jhtml