SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That first link is horrendous. Imagine my surprise when this Joey Essex character proved to actually exist. Another check to humanity I'm afraid...
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Essex might be Bond because he wants to play Bond?

I guess every man ever is in the running, too!

I would rather play the villain, actually. Oh, I might as well break the news here: I am playing Blofeld in Bond 24.
    What does Elba mean by this? Anyone?

Elba told the Huffington Post: "I say it all the time, but if it was to ever happen and if I was ever to get offered that role, that would be the will of a nation."
    "That would be like, 'Wow, human beings are really powerful,'" he continued. "'They really made that happen, because [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli certainly didn't' ... it would be the will of a nation because everyone has been saying that to me."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Elba told the Huffington Post: "I say it all the time, but if it was to ever happen and if I was ever to get offered that role, that would be the will of a nation."
    "That would be like, 'Wow, human beings are really powerful,'" he continued. "'They really made that happen, because [Bond producer] Barbara Broccoli certainly didn't' ... it would be the will of a nation because everyone has been saying that to me."

Well, for starters we don't even really know if he said it.

Anyway, I interpret that statement as Idris saying that if he was cast as Bond it was the people/nation's support that got him the role of 007 and not a producer or other force of power at EON who secured it for him, hence his comment about how humans are really powerful.

I think all this talk about who will play the next James Bond is pointless anyway. It won't be Idris or anyone in the spotlight of fame right now, especially the former considering he'll be too old anyway once Dan is done.

Well, for starters we don't even really know if he said it.

Anyway, I interpret that statement as Idris saying that if he was cast as Bond it was the people/nation's support that got him the role of 007 and not a producer or other force of power at EON who secured it for him, hence his comment about how humans are really powerful.

I think all this talk about who will play the next James Bond is pointless anyway. It won't be Idris or anyone in the spotlight of fame right now, especially the former considering he'll be too old anyway once Dan is done.

Oh I agree, Idris will be too old for the role. It doesn't help him pretty much slagging off Barbara either (if indeed that is an exact quote).
    If he did slag off Barbara, there goes my hope of seeing him as a Bond villain.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    One has to doubt the quote is 100% accurate, but anyway I get the gist of it.
    I would have liked Idris as Bond, yes, but he is too old now. But I think he would have made a fine Bond.
    I don't think he is slagging off Barbara, though. I believe he meant if he was cast it would be more due to the people's desire for him to be Bond than anything the producers did, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Basically, his popularity with the public would be what got him the role, and not through the support of anyone at EON.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Production Update:

Naomi Harris, Ralph Fiennes, and Ben Whishaw have now all officially, rather casually, confirmed their respective roles in Bond 24:

Harris:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/naomie-harris-finds-role-career-mandela-article-1.1524883

Fiennes:
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/fiennes-excited-to-play-m-in-bond-29672282.html

Whishaw:
    http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2013/05/Ive-heard-some-things-I-thought-it-might-be-the-end-of-this-year-Ben-Wishaw-drops-hints-about-the-next-Bond-movie/

Just posting 'for the record'.

Other things we know as of now:

-Mendes, Logan, Craig, Fiennes, Whishaw, Harris, and Dennis Gassner are confirmed to return.

-The film will be released UK October 23/ US November 6 2015.

-Photography at Pinewood is scheduled sometime in the late half of 2014 (assuming Star Wars VII finishes filming there in the Spring).

-A preliminary script has been completed.

-The film has been in confirmed pre-production for over a year (mind you, a few months without an attached director).
  • Also in this months Total Film Harris talks about how she is relieved that Mendes is coming back for Bond 24 as apparently he has a vision for where Moneypenny is going in the next film.
    interesting... Like I said Skyfall was ok but not amazing however people I trust here say Mendes will not do a repeat of Skyfall so as long the film isn't so gray I will be happy.

I wonder if has a vision for where 007 is going too ;)
    Also in this months Total Film Harris talks about how she is relieved that Mendes is coming back for Bond 24 as apparently he has a vision for where Moneypenny is going in the next film.

Behind the desk at MI6 where she belongs
    Risico007 wrote:
    I wonder if he has a vision for where 007 is going too ;)

A daily prayer for any real Bond fan.

I honestly hope Sam doesn't get distracted with the people around Bond. There's a lot of new and I still don't feel we have a solid grasp on 'old' Craig as Bond yet.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 9,730
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Also in this months Total Film Harris talks about how she is relieved that Mendes is coming back for Bond 24 as apparently he has a vision for where Moneypenny is going in the next film.

Behind the desk at MI6 where she belongs

I am gonna go out on a limb and say M and Moneypenny will be in the field... at some point in the film just a crazy hunch

in response to Jwest

I just want a prettier looking film Scotland is a gorgeous and yet in Skyfall it was murky grey and dull looking same with London a beautiful city with a lot of culture and ...

You all get my point and Plus Royale and Solace the focus was on 007 (in my opnion) and were stronger films for it Skyfall felt in a weird way like M the Movie guest Starring 007.

Ok so it's not that bad but still it feels that way. Honestly rewatch the film and apart from the climax and a few bits in the beginning it felt like any 00 agent could of been there and not much would of changed..

My one hope for Logan and Mendes re read the Fleming novels and re watch Royale Solace and even Skyfall and see if you can get a sense of where Bond is going next. then build up Villians and allies that match that. In all the fleming novels I felt he started with "where should Bond go physically and emotionally" and built a story around that lately I feel as if Hollywood says "what kind of villain can we build here" or "who should be an ally" No start with the simple question of Where is bond going physically (locations) and emotionally and build you plot villain allies around that.
  • Hm.. Mendes didn't like the budget cuts in Skyfall, and now this.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/sony-pictures-to-shift-emphasis-from-movies-to-tv/
    CEO of Sony Pictures :

"When it comes to dealing with talent, the studio warns that it will now be “saying ‘no’ when in the past we might have said ‘yes’.” Directors will be told that they are “on the financial hook for financial overruns.” When it comes to profitability “we are not satisfied.”

Also :

"Lynton also talked up the company’s “One Sony” strategy which includes producing documentaries about Sony Music artists including Michael Jackson, and hiring singer Adele to sing the theme to the James Bond film Skyfall.

Let's hope we'll avoid a duel between Bond and Blofeld playing the PS4.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2013 Posts: 4,415
    Directors will be told that they are “on the financial hook for financial overruns.” When it comes to profitability “we are not satisfied.”

That sound as there will return to cheap. Means no return of Adele.

RE: Risico007 My one hope for Logan and Mendes re read the Fleming novels and re watch Royale Solace and even Skyfall and see if you can get a sense of where Bond is going next. then build up Villians and allies that match that.

That's what producers and Pervis and Wade already did when there start with CR. All that symbol in QOS and Skyfall...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    With how successful SF was, I don't see them altering the budget or going for a 'cheaper' artist to do the theme song if they have a certain someone in mind. The same rumors were abound before SF began, and then during the unveiling press conference, those rumors were debunked.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Budgets cuts during the shooting of SF were acknowledged by the crew (Mendes indirectly as reported by Boyle, and Deakins directly in an interview).

As for Adele (who is in Sony Music), I thnk Balje misread, the CEO says exactly the contrary : cross-promotion to the max : "One Sony"

And it's been said during months here, the huge success of Skyfall probably meant only +50M$ for Sony - despite the fact they took all the risks. The new guy at the helm of Sony say he'll start saying "No" more often that before... He wants more margin than before. And EON has a past of spending some years discussing the contracts, rather than going and shoot a movie for a lesser profit for them (history show it's a good choice : despite long intervals sometimes because of such probems, they're still in control and their property is worth a lot).

So maybe nothing will change, but to me this is no good news at all. And the success of SF is no protection at all alas.

• RC7RC7
    And the success of SF is no protection at all alas.

I think this is the key point. It wouldn't surprise me if the B24 budget is smaller than SF, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it's a little bigger. It really depends on the Mendes pitch for the film. If Sony buy his vision as profitable then perhaps they'll invest. Otherwise I imagine they'll force EON to streamline their production process. After all, the suits will use the steer that cutting SF's budget forced EON to think frugally and the end result was £1bn at the BO.

• RC7 wrote:

I think this is the key point. It wouldn't surprise me if the B24 budget is smaller than SF, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it's a little bigger. It really depends on the Mendes pitch for the film. If Sony buy his vision as profitable then perhaps they'll invest. Otherwise I imagine they'll force EON to streamline their production process. After all, the suits will use the steer that cutting SF's budget forced EON to think frugally and the end result was £1bn at the BO.

But it also gave us only a shallow imitation of the usual globetrotting Bond, which for me seriously handicaped the perception of the locations. I mean Shanghai and the japanese island may look great, but they never give you the feel of Bond really being there, which used to be the method usually used by Bonds cheap imitators.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,601
    I think, despite what Babs said at the PC, the budget for SF was cut down all the time, hence the many "location shots" at Pinewood. I don't think, it will get any "worse" then that. AND they made a beautiful film out of all the Pinewood locations. So - I see no huge problem, even IF they are limited to the same extend as for SF. Plus - they are making less films (5), which doesn't automatically mean, they are cutting down on the big earning films.

Plus - they are not going to loose another year debating and with that the 5th DC Bond.

So another low key bond affair.....

Sigh
  • RC7RC7
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

But it also gave us only a shallow imitation of the usual globetrotting Bond, which for me seriously handicaped the perception of the locations. I mean Shanghai and the japanese island may look great, but they never give you the feel of Bond really being there, which used to be the method usually used by Bonds cheap imitators.

I agree, as I've said on numerous occasions in various threads. The problem is, we're not the suits at Sony and the suits at Sony couldn't give a flying...
    Bounine wrote:
    What if it was discovered in Bond 24 or 25 that QUANTUM was a cover name the organisation used and that their real name is SPECTRE! :)

654156SpectreQ.jpg

:)

That is a pretty cool logo! Although they should not be one and the same organisation IMO.

As for Harris returning as MP? We all knew that along time ago didn't we! 8-}
  • Ugh, based on Harris' comments about Mendes "having a direction for her to go as Monneypenny" I'm really leery about the new movie.

For damned sake can we please get a Craig-era banter with Moneypenny and subsequent assignment from M, with them maybe appearing once or twice (at the most) more in the film throughout the mission? I think Skyfall laid the groundwork for that perfectly.

Here's to hoping.
    Risico007 wrote:

Sigh

I think, people are overreacting and reading a meaning into this, that is not confirmed as going to happen.
    This whole affair might not effect Bond 24 at all. Plus, saying "No" to ideas overall, might not be a bad ting after all. We know, there is a lot of b'''s''' in the movies, that makes no sense and is unneccesary.
    Ugh, based on Harris' comments about Mendes "having a direction for her to go as Monneypenny" I'm really leery about the new movie.

For damned sake can we please get a Craig-era banter with Moneypenny and subsequent assignment from M, with them maybe appearing once or twice (at the most) more in the film throughout the mission? I think Skyfall laid the groundwork for that perfectly.

Here's to hoping.

I agree I want a Craig movie where Bond focuses on the mission, stoping the villian, and getting the girl nothing else. I dont want a movie where we focus on Bonds character, home, family, co workers its been done to death with the past 3 films
    Germanlady wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Sigh

I think, people are overreacting and reading a meaning into this, that is not confirmed as going to happen.
    This whole affair might not effect Bond 24 at all. Plus, saying "No" to ideas overall, might not be a bad ting after all. We know, there is a lot of b'''s''' in the movies, that makes no sense and is unneccesary.

Fine but i am a bit leary of this surprisingly Harris's comments I am fine with.
    just need Spectre and Blofeld back now and the golden age of Bond will be complete!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    just need Spectre and Blofeld back now and the golden age of Bond will be complete!

nah Quantum and Dr Shatterhand would be better.