SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited November 2013 Posts: 2,594
    Anyway, in terms of appearance, the Blofeld of the books is different to that of his cinematic counterpart. In Thunderball he has a black crew-cut. In OHMSS he has long silver hair. If Eon bring him back they could go by these descriptions. I feel it is necessary.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Blofeld as described in the novels.
    blofelds.jpg
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 14,799
    Bounine wrote:
    Anyway, in terms of appearance, the Blofeld of the books is different to that of his cinematic counterpart. In Thunderball he has a black crew-cut. In OHMSS he has long silver hair. If Eon bring him back they could go by these descriptions. I feel it is necessary.

Yes me too. Who knows, maybe it was them revisiting YOLT for Skyfall that made them think of Blofeld. If they go for Blofeld of course, what I just wrote is so far wishful thinking.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Murdock wrote:
    Blofeld as described in the novels.
    blofelds.jpg

Des Lynam! That's utterly brilliant =))

Stare at that image whilst listening to this:

@TheWiz may appreciate that ;-)
    I think Steve Bushemi would make a perfect OHMSS Blofeld. EON make him a Bond villain please!
    Murdock wrote:
    I think Steve Bushemi would make a perfect OHMSS Blofeld. EON make him a Bond villain please!

Too famous. And he looks like a weasel. I could see him as Le Chiffre, or a Kronsteen like character, Blofeld should look like Satan made flesh.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Uhm, we do forget one perfect incarnation of Blofeld if you ask me. An incarnation that was both realistic and timeless. And I almost didn't see any cliché Blofeld items, like the white cat.

I am talking about Telly Savalas as Blofeld.
    Savalas's Blofeld had a white cat.

I think he was the best Blofeld, but more for what the script finally allowed the character to do, and much less on what Savalas himself did in the role. He's gave a good performance and all, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that his Blofeld got the luxury of having a hand to hand fight against Bond and being placed in the one story where Bond marries and gets everything taken away from him by the credits.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Too famous. And he looks like a weasel. I could see him as Le Chiffre, or a Kronsteen like character, Blofeld should look like Satan made flesh.

And Javier Bardem, Ralph Finnes and Albert Finney weren't? I think this "Too famous" excuse is running thin. After Skyfall, EoN is trying to seek out A-list talent to cast in future Bond movies. And have you not seen Boardwalk Empire? Bushemi is pretty bad@$$ in it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

And Javier Bardem, Ralph Finnes and Albert Finney weren't? I think this "Too famous" excuse is running thin. After Skyfall, EoN is trying to seek out A-list talent to cast in future Bond movies. And have you not seen Boardwalk Empire? Bushemi is pretty bad@$$ in it.

Plus, we've had Dame Judi "Freaking" Dench since the 90s. How much bigger can you go? Hell, you can even toss in the likes of Christopher Lee and Christopher Walken from earlier eras.

Regardless, I wouldn't call Steve famous. Most casual moviegoers probably don't know him from Joe.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 11,119
    Ludovico wrote:
    Uhm, we do forget one perfect incarnation of Blofeld if you ask me. An incarnation that was both realistic and timeless. And I almost didn't see any cliché Blofeld items, like the white cat.

I am talking about Telly Savalas as Blofeld.

Savalas was maybe the best flesh and blood incarnation of Blofeld (the best Blofeld IMO was Erich Pohlmann, but he had the luxury of just being a voice), that said he was not perfect. Not quite anyway. The definitive Blofeld has yet to be seen on the screen. And he will be one hell of a challenge to cast. Ten years ago I would have said Ciaran Hinds, now he is getting too old.

The way you put it is quite interesting though :-). 'The definitive Blofeld has yet to be seen on the screen.' And I agree here. As villains, I think Dr. No, Rosa Klebb, Max Zorin and Silva are on top of my list of Best Bond villains. And in all honesty, Blofeld is not there...yet.

Also, EON Productions could turn this into a big marketing/promotion thing. EON should ignite the speculation a bit more -if they aren't doing that already- and create a bulk of nonsense-news. In any case it'll be good marketing/promotion. Also, let the cinema-go-ers guess for one or two Bond films. Let Blofeld return, but let him be uncredited for Bond 24 or even for Bond 25. It'll draggg people to the cinema's. And it'll easily result in a 2nd 1 Billion Dollar Bond.

And as I said back in 2011: 'Skyfall' will re-ignite the Bond franchise to such levels that was only witnessed in the 1960's :-). The 1 Billion Dollar milestone, the huge starcast and Oscar-heavy crew. It's a sign on the wall, and I sometimes think we don't realize it...
    I want Quantum Back!

I saw 11 posts and was hoping for a new title rumor lol.
  • A skilled fan should create a fake teaser poster for Bond 24 hinting at a white cat and try to pass it as real at some movie scoops site. We could then witness if the buzz is good, bad, or inexistent. I'm far from convinced it would be bad but I may be wrong. The DB5 in Skyfall has turned the timeline of Craig's Bond in a kind of Doctor Who timeline, but it proved to be popular :)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Risico007 wrote:
    I want Quantum Back!

Me too!

And if we really really must have Blofeld back (which I really really don't want), I want him to be the leader of Quantum, not SPECTRE.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,015
    SPECTRE has a wikipedia page, Blofeld too, and it turns out that QUANTUM has none - because it was deleted.. we're left with a short one on the French wikipedia !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPECTRE (visited 600 times each day, but I'm not sure what it means with the disambuigation problem)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld (visited 600 times each day, with recent peaks at more than 2000 a day, and here there's not much confusion !)
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_(James_Bond) (visited 1 or 2 times each day)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Quantum_(James_Bond) : the very short discussion about deleting the page. Excerpt :

"Delete due to lack of real-world notability but recommend retaining the entry at Quantum (disambiguation), linking to either film. A search engine test shows that this organization does not have notoriety (unlike SPECTRE) to warrant a stand-alone article. Erik (talk | contribs) 17:32, 18 December 2012 (UTC)"

Some here should try to convince Wikipedia to create again this entry on the international Wikipedia if you really want to make us believe the general audience care about it :)

Hmm.. it may look like bringing back Quantum would be a fandom only pleasing move, and bringing back Spectre a larger audience pleasing move ? Quite the opposite of many opinions here !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wouldn't take Wikipedia into account on what to base a film's plot on whatsoever.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wouldn't take Wikipedia into account on what to base a film's plot on whatsoever.
    I'm less sure the producers don't care about the popularity of the characters and elements they plan to use - rumor has it they fought against Newman to have the Bond theme in Skyfall for instance :)

Blofeld getting 2000 hits a day on Wikipedia recently is not so weak given he's supposed to be dead in the memory of the large audience if you read some here (to compare, James_Bond has 6000 hits a day, with recent peaks at 10000). Quantum does seem dead in the memory of the audience though it's hard to extrapolate from the 10 visits a week on the French page that avoided deletion (but one can imagine the Quantum page on the international Wikipedia would not have been proposed for deletion if it had had enough visits ?).
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,594
    What if it was discovered in Bond 24 or 25 that QUANTUM was a cover name the organisation used and that their real name is SPECTRE! :)
  • Bounine wrote:
    What if it was discovered in Bond 24 or 25 that QUANTUM was a cover name the organisation used and that their real name is SPECTRE! :)

654156SpectreQ.jpg

:)
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Bounine wrote:

654156SpectreQ.jpg

I've got to stop and give a round of applause to that, my good sir. I still don't agree with the idea, but that is cool as all hell. =D>
    Bounine wrote:

654156SpectreQ.jpg

Love it!

In the midst of the 50th Anniversary of the JFK assassination, meet the spectre Telly Savalas became acquainted with:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8408/savalass-spectre
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

They were no Tom Cruise, they were known yes but not big stars. I guess neither is Buscemi. I've seen a few of his movies, I know he can play nasty. I just don't see him as Blofeld.
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Plus, we've had Dame Judi "Freaking" Dench since the 90s. How much bigger can you go? Hell, you can even toss in the likes of Christopher Lee and Christopher Walken from earlier eras.

Regardless, I wouldn't call Steve famous. Most casual moviegoers probably don't know him from Joe.

Dench became famous playing M. Lee was a b movie star. Only Walken was a big star when he became a Bond villain. Of course fame is relative. Sophie Marceau was famous in France but who knew her outside in the general public?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Satan made flesh would be him looking like a pretty boy but u get what you mean though.

I was referring to what Tanaka said in YOLT. Blofeld, if they want to use him and be close to the novel, or as close as possible, will be very difficult to cast.
    I do think the Garden of Death should be included in bond 24. it would be creepy and relatively scary sequence.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Dench became famous playing M. Lee was a b movie star. Only Walken was a big star when he became a Bond villain. Of course fame is relative. Sophie Marceau was famous in France but who knew her outside in the general public?

I wouldn't agree with that at all. She's prominently a theatre talent, who prominently don't get the big media coverage/popularity of some so called "movie stars" but she's one of those actresses who has been around a long time, has had a big following outside of film, and whose talent outshines her relative fame.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that at all. She's prominently a theatre talent, who prominently don't get the big media coverage/popularity of some so called "movie stars" but she's one of those actresses who has been around a long time, has had a big following outside of film, and whose talent outshines her relative fame.

Oh, I agree with all this, but that's my point: she was a veteran actress, respected and admired by her peers, mainly known for her roles on stage, but she was not a big star.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Oh, I agree with all this, but that's my point: she was a veteran actress, respected and admired by her peers, mainly known for her roles on stage, but she was not a big star.

Alright, I understand/agree now. It's much like Timothy Dalton's fame when I think about it; more heralded for his stage work than movie work. Of course, through our love of James Bond a lot of us make up that smaller group of his film fans.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Essex might be Bond because he wants to play Bond?

I guess every man ever is in the running, too!