Any Actor/Actres from 90's you like to see return to the bigscreen like Fienes, Costner and Keaton ?

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited November 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,416
Funny that after Ralph Fienes (The English Patient/The Avengers movie) for Harry Potter and James Bond, Kevin Costner (The Body Guard) for Man of Steel, now Michael Keaton (Batman/Batman Returns) return in remake of Robocop.

Any actor/actres from the 90's you like to see return to the bigscreen like Fienes, Costner and Keaton ? and mabey popup in Terminator 5, Transformers 4 and 5 or new hulk movie.

Earlier Robert Downey Jr and Liam Neeson also make some kind of comeback/get more fame.

I hope on Jeff Goldblum wil return in Jurassic World and Independence Day sequels. Soon Jeff Daniels (Speed) soon already return in Dumb and Dumper 2. Another actor i think mabey should be the new Robert Downey Jr be Matthew Broderick (Godzilla).

How amazing it be if Sean Connery get part in movie again. The last big part Connery get be in The Rock.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Um, Fiennes hasn't been nowhere near as MIA from the big screen as your suggesting.
    Kurt Russell all the way, I know he's in the next Fast and Furious but I'd like to see more from him defo!
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    M_Balje wrote:
    The last big part Connery get be in The Rock.
    I think that the last "big part" that he got was in The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Not the greatest of ways to go out but an amazing career nonetheless.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Sean was really okay in League - the movie missed more than hit, though.

I'd love to see more of:

a) Kurt Russell, yeah! For sure. Love him.
    b) Val Kilmer in a major film (he still acts, not absent, but I want him in a big production again)
    c) Michelle Pfieffer (a fine actress)
    d) Rene Russo
    e) Jack Nicholson (he's been on a break, hasn't he?)
    f) Melanie Lynsky (a very talented actress) - I would like to see her in bigger roles on screen, She starred with Kate Winslet in Heavenly Creatures and was a great supporting character in Ever After (Drew's Cinderella fromantic comedy; well done film, by the way)
    doubleoego wrote:
    Um, Fiennes hasn't been nowhere near as MIA from the big screen as your suggesting.

Fiennes maybe, but Fienes, I have never heard of that guy;-)
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,400
    Ludovico wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Fiennes maybe, but Fienes, I have never heard of that guy;-)

Fiennes has been consistently working in both big fare and smaller prestige films since the '90's. However in the '90's he was a big leading man with Oscar written all over him, inevitably those days disappear for an actor but I'd like to see him have a big leading role soon and another shot at Oscar gold. He looks fantastic in Wes Anderson's next film. I hope he gets the plaudits he deserves:

Personally, I'd actually love to see Pierce Brosnan back. He was a big '90's leading man who has really disappeared. He seems to only pop up now in forgettable indie movies none of which have really broken through. His biggest credit post Bond has been Mamma Mia. That in itself is a travesty.

pb-harrods-010495u.jpg

Well, I think many of us consider Brosnan's post Bond career to be doing quite nicely. He has made several interesting and well received films. He is making movies back to back if he wants. I'm looking forward to November Man very much. So, you and I just have a different opinion of him needing a comeback or to be in more/different kinds of films.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Michelle Pfeiffer is pretty active. I've seen her last 3 films. She recently had a big part in the DeNiro film The Family(2013) which is real funny dark comedy. Saw that one in cinema. Worth every penny.
    Before that she was in People Like Us (2012). Saw that on video. She's got a strong supporting role. And she figured prominently in the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton Dark Shadows (2012).
    She looked real good in The Family, .

The-Family-Movie-2013-540x303_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce5189afce216053cbc530c46a8
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Val Kilmer, definitely. He was so great back in the 90's, shame to see that he disappeared and usually does low budget stuff now. He can act, he just doesn't seem to get the chance to any more. Last thing I saw him in was 'MacGruber,' thought he was hilarious. I added the Coppola film 'Twixt' to my Queue, seems to have some bad ratings, but I'll always watch something with Kilmer in it. He was also great in the severely underrated 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.' I'm surprised that didn't re-boost his career.
    I didn't even know Michelle was still making films really. Good to know.

Val: I haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang yet, but I hear so many good review I definitely want to see it. He can act, he may be a bit eccentric personally, but he has real talent. I wish a great director would get hold of him for a decent part again. I like him very much.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I didn't even know Michelle was still making films really. Good to know.

Val: I haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang yet, but I hear so many good review I definitely want to see it. He can act, he may be a bit eccentric personally, but he has real talent. I wish a great director would get hold of him for a decent part again. I like him very much.

KKBB is a nice little film, @4EverBonded! Kilmer is so relaxed and unpretentious in this one, I love him even more than R. Downey Jr. It has some interesting action beats, without going into overdrive. The comedy doesn't dominate the film but is mostly intelligent and quite effective.

• Jenifer Jason Leigh. Talk about a MILF.
    I don't know your acronym ... but I like her as an actress. She does have talent. I'd like for her to be in more, or bigger films again.

Also, I love John Cusack! I know he is still acting, I just want him in bigger roles.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Mother I'd Like

I'm sure you can guess the F.
    Really ...? Yeccchhhhh.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2018 Posts: 4,416
    Around Kevin Coster it look a bit silence again, but Keaton you can heard his voice soon in Dumbo (Dombo) life action movie and will be in the new Spider-Man movie.

Jeff Goldblum made his comeback a litle bit with Jurassic World 2 and Independence Day 2. But will be more movies for him ?

Neve Campbell known from very fames phone scene from Scream, Neve Campbell her comeback in Skyscraper. Are people think we can see more of her soon ?